News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:34PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 298
Total: 303

Notice Period?

Started by £3MealDeal, 02-03-21, 09:28PM

Previous topic - Next topic

£3MealDeal

Hi,
I currently work in the phone shop as a customer assistant but have only been at this store for around 7 months, but I have worked for Tesco as a company for about 4 years. As I'm a graduate I've just been offered my first graduate role so I've accepted it but they want me to start on the 15/03. Am I right in thinking that the notice period is 1 week? From what I've read online and on our Tesco it appears to be a week but just wanted to double check!
Gonna have to hand my notice in tomorrow to my manger and then work a full shift which I feel is gonna be a bit awkward :( I enjoy it here but I've always wanted to work in IT so as much as I'll miss the team I work with it's for my career so hoping my manger will understand!
Thanks if you can give advice!

Dodo44

Great to hear you've found a graduate job that suits you.. I know so many that finish their degree and get stuck in their current job because graduate positions require 'experience' but there is no where to gain 'experience' in the first place!! Yep 1 week is the notice period, I think for manager positions it could be a little higher perhaps. I'm sure if your manager has good intentions and values they'll understand that you're doing what's right by you.. good luck with your new job and starting out in a career your love! ;)

Colleague 3000000

He'll be back.

£3MealDeal

Quote from: Dodo44 on 02-03-21, 09:39PM
Great to hear you've found a graduate job that suits you.. I know so many that finish their degree and get stuck in their current job because graduate positions require 'experience' but there is no where to gain 'experience' in the first place!! Yep 1 week is the notice period, I think for manager positions it could be a little higher perhaps. I'm sure if your manager has good intentions and values they'll understand that you're doing what's right by you.. good luck with your new job and starting out in a career your love! ;)

Thank you!

£3MealDeal

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 02-03-21, 10:53PM
He'll be back.

Why would you say that?  ;D

NightAndDay

Quote from: £3MealDeal on 02-03-21, 09:28PM
Hi,
I currently work in the phone shop as a customer assistant but have only been at this store for around 7 months, but I have worked for Tesco as a company for about 4 years. As I'm a graduate I've just been offered my first graduate role so I've accepted it but they want me to start on the 15/03. Am I right in thinking that the notice period is 1 week? From what I've read online and on our Tesco it appears to be a week but just wanted to double check!
Gonna have to hand my notice in tomorrow to my manger and then work a full shift which I feel is gonna be a bit awkward :( I enjoy it here but I've always wanted to work in IT so as much as I'll miss the team I work with it's for my career so hoping my manger will understand!
Thanks if you can give advice!

Yes, It's 1 week, I gave a few months notice as I was integral to the stores functioning (the big 6 went from 6 blue measures to 4 red and 2 ambers after I left) and wanted to give the Store Manager a chance to replace me with someone adequate.

I left Tesco and have gone into a number of roles in government since.

alf

Preacherpauly

Why would it be awkward? Your job will up on the board by end of the first shift and you will be forgotten about. tesco is a revolving door, they don't really care who leaves at the bottom as loads of people need jobs. Good for you for getting out, its a job where people get stuck and end up being there years.

I've seen good workers leave and managers couldnt give a two hoots.

NightAndDay

Quote from: alf on 03-03-21, 02:31PM
Fibs

:D :D :D I'm a government official, it simply wouldn't do for me to lie about any of this, you have my word good sir, BoJo's Honour.

alf

A government official working for the NAO, so what you're a civil servant?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk