News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 01:10AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 311
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 282
Total: 283

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

Quote from: Welshie on 14-02-21, 01:49AM
She had to resign to chase a constructive  unfair dimissal case . Not everyone can afford to do that .
Reality is you fight to get the best outcome for you and your circumstances, if you can afford to leave/be sacked and take it further , then great  but if you can't and they are telling you it's not a redundancy situation then just try to fight to get the best hours/department that suit you .

I believe it is the case recently that it doesn't cost anything to take your employer to court, this was after backlash that justice shouldn't be out of reach to those that can't afford it. Usually it's the case nowadays that the employer fronts the legal costs if they lose the case.

Though yes, not being in paid employment while chasing this isn't something everyone can do.

Dougall

I have a question. So when they did dual site managers a few years ago and decided not to carry on with it but kept the ones they did in place. Does that help them with what they are trying to do now ?

Redshoes

It’s not to be enforced. If you can and do move, that’s it done with. If you refuse an offered job that job does not hang in balance waiting for you. It’s offered to others. If you refuse jobs it’s all documented but it’s still not forced. You stay in hours/job you have. Beyond that there are a load of if’s and but’s. It could eventually go to redundancy but then only if jobs you have refused have been deemed as unsuitable. Long way from that though.

matt62775

Manager been pulled into meeting at this morning been told brief is coming tomorrow
team supports are being moved to service team support and will deal with checkouts, CSD kiosk and PFS

Nighthawk

As I said previously, massive structural change has happened, all stores will be communicated with in the morning, as said in previous post, team support is back in all areas, reductions in senior and team managers.
I did say it would happen end of January, only 4 weeks out

VladPutin

Meh. As long as it's just managers and not real workers, who cares? :)

emma070706

Quote from: VladPutin on 01-03-21, 06:30PM

Yeah who cares that managers lose their job in the middle of a pandemic and may struggle to then pay their mortgage or feed their kids. What a tosser.

5fdp

Well done nighthawk. I totally agreed with you back at the beginning of jan.  I would imagine that nights will get a wee visit tonight or one early tomorrow morning.
Days will be tomorrow.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Nighthawk on 01-03-21, 06:07PM
As I said previously, massive structural change has happened, all stores will be communicated with in the morning, as said in previous post, team support is back in all areas, reductions in senior and team managers.
I did say it would happen end of January, only 4 weeks out

It was always a question of when rather than if, a lot of us seen this coming for a good few years now.

VladPutin

Quote from: emma070706 on 01-03-21, 06:33PM

Yeah who cares that managers lose their job in the middle of a pandemic and may struggle to then pay their mortgage or feed their kids. What a tosser.

I've been let down too many times by managers to give a toss about them or their families. So if you listen really closely, you might just be able to make out me playing the world's smallest violin for them. 8-)

streaker

After 42 years in the business,  feel like my heart has been ripped out, feel like more workload added, and no way of raising any concerns. Feel like the union have just accepted the change as well, without any consideration on the impact
The company is on a very slippery slope and spiralling out of control. Cut, cut, seems to be the norm now, and never mind the employees,
Very disappointing day

streaker

After 42 years in the business,  feel like my heart has been ripped out, feel like more workload added, and no way of raising any concerns. Feel like the union have just accepted the change as well, without any consideration on the impact
The company is on a very slippery slope and spiralling out of control. Cut, cut, seems to be the norm now, and never mind the employees,  >:D >:D
Very disappointing day

Ahsda

Quote from: VladPutin on 01-03-21, 10:23PM

I've been let down too many times by managers to give a toss about them or their families. So if you listen really closely, you might just be able to make out me playing the world's smallest violin for them. 8-)

So because a couple of managers have let you down over the years, they all deserve to be jobless? What a delightful chap.

alf

You'll get used to him and his ReAL WoRKeR drivel.

Colleague 3000000

Team 5 briefing;

Reduction in managers, managers to be responsible for same headcount.

No more department managers.

Going to be team managers.

Also shift leaders and service team support introduced.

Nomad

Can I remind members if they find a post distasteful and/or offensive use the "Report to moderator" link, bottom right of every post.  A reaction is what they desire, don't do it.

If mods or admin agree with your report the post can be deleted, however if you reply and/or quote it then in order to maintain 'post flow' we would have to edit/delete your reply.

I would also remind members that admins/mods can ban members either temporary or permanently if they do not post in the spirit of VLH (seek help, give help).

[admin]Thank you[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Decco1

What exactly is happening with this structure change? Are people losing their jobs? Does anyone have any info?

Monkeyman999

Just like the bakers last year Tosco couldn’t care less

whatajoke2019

Out of interest, are they planning on announcing it publicly, or they going to leave people in the dark as usual?  ???

burningskies

I imagine if it makes headlines (Tesco to cut x number of jobs), similarly to how the Asda cuts have, then they'll have no choice but to update everyone ASAP.

Colleague 3000000

It’s time to consider balloting for strike action.  We need to show everyone that us Tesco shelf fillers are not worthless.  We like our jobs. We want to be treated with respect and dignity.

Ballot for strike action. Talk to your reps.

beentheredoneit

changes in management structure in all superstores and extras.
everything is store - dependant so wait for info from sm.
definitely no redundancies.
as this is all 'soft touch', there is no compulsion.
beentheredoneit

Rad

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 02-03-21, 06:56PM
It’s time to consider balloting for strike action.  We need to show everyone that us Tesco shelf fillers are not worthless.  We like our jobs. We want to be treated with respect and dignity.

Ballot for strike action. Talk to your reps.

What is it you are upset about? Is your role affected?  Have you not been briefed?  Colleagues on here said they were asked to go in off days off to be briefed and now have the information. 

VladPutin

Quote from: alf on 02-03-21, 12:58AM
You'll get used to him and his ReAL WoRKeR drivel.

Go and take another tea break - sorry, "meeting". I'm sure you've only had half a dozen today. ;)

VladPutin

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 02-03-21, 01:06AM
Team 5 briefing;

Reduction in managers, managers to be responsible for same headcount.

No more department managers.

Going to be team managers.

Also shift leaders and service team support introduced.

Meh. The only thing I need a manager for is to approve my holiday requests. This won't make any real difference to my day to day job. To use the American phrase, this is a Nothing-Burger.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk