News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 09:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 306
Total: 308

Easter Sunday in Express

Started by penguin, 31-03-24, 04:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

Did anyone else work in Express 15 or so years ago and remember just how crazy Easter Sunday was. Been into the express store I used to work in this afternoon and it was busy but nothing like it used to be, I can remember the store would be rammed from about 10am onwards and would not calm down until late into the evening. I know these days you have more stores like Sainsburys local and the like open we did not have back in those days, has Easter Sunday stopped being the crazy day it used to be in the past or is it still like that now and I just happened to call in during a quietish moment,
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Redone1

Yeah, Normally rammed in the express I worked in on Easter Sunday. But apart from maybe a hour. Was just like any other Sunday.

rupert7

Tesco is now charging customers 10p for hangers across some of its UK stores. i had  to laugh when i saw this today >:D  just pure evil >:D

inthemix

@rupert7 What has that got to do with the thread topic of Easter Sunday in Express?

War in Ukraine? Thousands of people killed in Gaza? No. You think "pure evil" = Tesco charging 10p for a hanger. You need to get a bit of perspective. Yes. it's annoying. Yes, it's money-grabbing. But to describe it as "pure evil" is ridiculous.

rupert7

because easter sunday was a sad day for most of us night workers, who know that from that sunday night will lose out on working sundays because if you was not working from july 2022 and back wards from that date we lose out, on  premium for working sundays, (-*-) and to top it off we have to give a month notice if we wish to stop working sundays.be warned sunday will soon be normal working day no premiums.

inthemix

@rupert7 But what has your comment about Tesco charging 10p for hangers got to do with the thread topic of Easter Sunday in Express?

penguin

Quote from: rupert7 on 04-04-24, 03:57PMTesco is now charging customers 10p for hangers across some of its UK stores. i had  to laugh when i saw this today >:D  just pure evil >:D
Firstly what has this go to do with Easter Sunday trade, and its hardly pure evil is it, given the intention is to cut down on the amount of plastic hangers that are produced it seems a good idea to me, and at the end of the day one has a choice to either pay the 10p or forgo the hanger.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk