News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:17PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 294
Total: 298

Cheapest

Started by Nomad, 10-09-20, 11:05AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/cheapest-supermarket-named-based-prices-22647684

QuoteIt found a significant difference between the cheapest supermarket, where a trolley of goods would have cost £66.45, and the priciest, where you would have paid £105.25.

The cheapest supermarket in August was Aldi, where a trolley of groceries would have set households back £66.45.

Lidl was just behind with the same items adding up to £67.17.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

Tesco and Asda charging 10% more than Lidl and Aldi for ‘identical’ Christmas food ‘under different labels’

QuoteWhen looking at the small print, eagle-eyed shoppers can see that the product codes on items from Tesco and Asda are the same as Lidl and Aldi - meaning they are nearly identical.

While Tesco is charging £2.65 (£3.40 per 100g) for its Finest Parma Ham, Lidl has priced its Deluxe Prosciutto at £1.99 (£2.21 per 100g), a saving of more than a third, according to a Channel 4 investigation.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

notsofunny

One is a Parma ham  and the other is not ,

Parma  is the original one and the other is a copy that does not come from The parma , so them comparing the 2 does not work , My Italian  friends told me that Parma is what they would eat and serve to friends the other is a every day ham that comes from ordinary pigs  ??? which is mass produced and cured much faster than Parma ,

A bit like  Champagne made in one area of France and another being called sparkling wine which comes from another part of France or the world ,,

Nomad

Tesco should get The Sun to print a retraction then.

QuoteIs Parma ham and prosciutto the same thing?
Faq: What is the difference between Parma ham and prosciutto?

In the Italian language we call ham prosciutto, so prosciutto di Parma and Parma ham are essentially the same product. Sometimes we use the word prosciutto as generic term indicating a product that does not have a label or a PDO.

And they are both labelled Parma Ham ?

I love food snobbery, Cornish pasties can only be made in Cornwall, Kendal mint cake can only be made in Kendal
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Supermarket retailer of the year named

QuoteThe Retailer of the Year has been named - and it's a popular household name.

Supermarket giant ASDA has beaten competitors like Aldi, Tesco and Lidl to be crowned with the prestigious title.

ASDA was awarded 36 awards at the Free From Awards, including two gold, fourteen silver and twenty bronze as well as the top accolade of the night, Free From Retailer of the Year.

Ooooops  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

After an independent price comparison survey by trade magazine The Grocer, the supermarket that topped the list was Aldi.

QuoteThe Grocer's survey found that shoppers buying the goods from Tesco would be £10.23 (23%) worse off, than if they were to buy them from Aldi.

No surprise there.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco, Asda, Lidl and Sainsbury's beaten to best value own brand supermarket by Aldi

QuoteMumsnet data, analysed by online service Britsuperstore, found the German retailer most the popular for less expensive own brand comments.

Nothing changes, same as last year.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.retaildetail.eu/news/food/british-price-war-aldis-brilliant-response-tesco/

Quote"We had a plan to price match Tesco but we didn't want to put thousands of prices up"

;D  ;D  8)  :thumbup:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Ever higher interest rates won't solve the problem of greedflation
QuoteCentral banks seem blind to one of the real causes of inflation: profiteering under cover of Covid and the Ukraine war.

That's because companies sneaking through mega price rises using the war and the pandemic as cover are stealing everyone's incomes. They are 21st-century war profiteers and should be recognised as such.
True or false ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

grim up north

Of course it's happening. And selective accounting hides most of the money

gomezz

The latest More or Less podcast suggests otherwise.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

grim up north

Look at today, interest rates go up to control inflation, then opec cut oil production which leads to inflation. The normal person will never win

Nomad

The Grocer: Tesco's Clubcard closes gap but Asda still cheapest in mystery shop
QuoteAsda was comfortably the cheapest retailer in this week's Grocer 33, although factoring in Tesco's Clubcard Prices would have made it a much closer contest.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

'I repeated my Tesco big shop from 12 months ago - one item is up 75 per cent despite having shrunk'
QuoteTo get a clearer picture of what products have risen the most, I repeated my Tesco big shop from last year, buying exactly the same 58 items I purchased in June 2022.

I knew that many of the products would have risen, but I was staggered to discover that 78% of what I bought had gone up.

In total, 45 of the 58 items had risen, 13 of them by more than 30% and one of them by a staggering 75%. Not only that but it had shrunk too.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

grim up north

Very interesting that nomad. I might do one ready for next year

Nomad

Due to my own comparisons and reading those of other people I find it impossible to comprehend the published inflation figures.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: Nomad on 25-06-23, 02:56PMThe Grocer: Tesco's Clubcard closes gap but Asda still cheapest in mystery shop
QuoteAsda was comfortably the cheapest retailer in this week's Grocer 33, although factoring in Tesco's Clubcard Prices would have made it a much closer contest.
My clubcard - besides the deals - pays my monthly mobile bill. Been in Aldi once, Lidl once to see what all their fuss is about - never again. My local Asda is filthy, doesn't stock a decent range of goods and car parking is non-existant for store use 'cos they all park in the tiny car park and go into the town centre.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk