News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 05:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 528
Total: 529

DotCom Shift Change Trials

Started by helpme, 16-06-19, 05:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madness

Well in our store, most of the drivers have refused the trial hours and are all working on shop floor. This means zero overtime for anyone else in store as the shop will be mega overhoured.
they are trying to move drivers temp to other stores in the area but the sheer number means the shops is crazy over for filling etc.

sonic8610

Where I used to work there are quite a few drivers opposed to shop floor work so that would be interesting. But you have to evolve with the times, and if you want weekday daytime hours only then you're in the wrong profession.

rupert7

now the fun and games begin, tesco has brought this trouble on them self, i did say at the start before they said what the pay  rise would be that they would drop the )b) shell on us and i still belive there is more to come when people start to opt-out of sunday working and they will start to cut over time,or ban it, after they dont what to spend any of that £17 m .

sonic8610

Soon all the main benefits - Sunday premium, bank holiday premium, location pay and market supplements - will be a thing of the past. If they could they wouldn't have a driver skill rate either like another major retailer.

JJH

Quote from: sonic8610 on 11-03-24, 01:02AMWhere I used to work there are quite a few drivers opposed to shop floor work so that would be interesting. But you have to evolve with the times, and if you want weekday daytime hours only then you're in the wrong profession.
I think the majority of ours would have a heart attack if they had to go anywhere near the shop floor

kaled78

if our evening ones finish their run early they normally all meet in the vans at the takeaway round the corner and spend the tips they got on food,it's that close to the store that the tracker thinks they are in the yard,they then all come down the road together and park the vans up 10 mins before it's time to go home

gomezz

Quote from: JJH on 13-03-24, 06:31PM
Quote from: sonic8610 on 11-03-24, 01:02AMWhere I used to work there are quite a few drivers opposed to shop floor work so that would be interesting. But you have to evolve with the times, and if you want weekday daytime hours only then you're in the wrong profession.
I think the majority of ours would have a heart attack if they had to go anywhere near the shop floor
Different people different strokes.  Had many shop floor workers try dot com driving but couldn't hack it and went back to in store work.  I think the main problem being that they didn't like their own company and missed gossiping all shift with their mates in the store.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Doggiedoodle

Kaled78 I thought they weren't allowed to accept tips, has that policy changed now?

fatlad

No the policy hasn't changed but what they don't know won't harm them. I keep my tips as some old dears are more offended if you DONT take it. All the drivers in our store accept tips but just don't go telling anyone except each other. Don't get much though except at Christmas when you might get a few hundred some years.

Doggiedoodle

rupert7

John Lewis Partnership returns to profit but pays no bonus to staff, another company that has kicked its staff in the guts.

sonic8610

So how long before Tesco do decide on going ahead with implementing the new rota at every dotcom? Are they waiting to make changes to area postcodes first?

rupert7

sonic8610

100% agree. Anything to save money.

kaled78

Quote from: Doggiedoodle on 13-03-24, 09:33PMKaled78 I thought they weren't allowed to accept tips, has that policy changed now?
policy has not changed,but our .com manager does not seem to care,most of them make about £50 a week in tips,one driver got nearly £200 last xmas

Doggiedoodle

rupert7

TESCO TROUBLE Supermarket chaos as now TESCO is hit with massive IT meltdown just hours after Sainsbury's suffers the same
A specific service has been impacted >:D should have gone to spec savers. >:D

BritishRacingGreen

I had problems paying for petrol yesterday at a local garage - all my cards were MasterCards - none accepted 😔

Hammer10

Bloody Russians using cyber to get at us.

madness

Quote from: rupert7 on 14-03-24, 09:16AMJohn Lewis Partnership returns to profit but pays no bonus to staff, another company that has kicked its staff in the guts.
O/T but councils screwed John Lewis. 99% of their stores in the city centre. A more well off customer base do not want to take the bus into town or be taken the P out of for stupid parking charges, so they all shop at home online.

madness

Quote from: sonic8610 on 14-03-24, 01:01PMSo how long before Tesco do decide on going ahead with implementing the new rota at every dotcom? Are they waiting to make changes to area postcodes first?
We are just 1 week into the trial.
Most drivers not liking it but with the threat of shop floor work if you dont do it they are sucking it up.
The ones with kids are relly suffering as 12 days mean they dont see them on those days.

oldfashionedplayer

Think it'll essentially force drivers out to other companies?

des

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 16-03-24, 06:22PMThink it'll essentially force drivers out to other companies?
definitely

sonic8610

Quote from: madness on 16-03-24, 06:20PM
Quote from: sonic8610 on 14-03-24, 01:01PMSo how long before Tesco do decide on going ahead with implementing the new rota at every dotcom? Are they waiting to make changes to area postcodes first?
We are just 1 week into the trial.
Most drivers not liking it but with the threat of shop floor work if you dont do it they are sucking it up.
The ones with kids are relly suffering as 12 days mean they dont see them on those days.
I take it's a choice of 8-8 or 9-10 shifts?

And I assume they'll just roll this out even if the drivers hate it.

madness

8-8 or 9-9   which is just an insane length to your day.   the oldies cant handle it, the fatties and unfit cant handle it and the younger fitter ones all hate it. But nobody is saying anything about it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk