News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 07:32PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,430
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 610
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 550
Total: 551

Truck Rollovers

Started by Nomad, 10-07-05, 01:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer100

Didn't hear anything bout that.
I take it that the wagon was heading for Middleton or Scotland, as Middlewich is Junction 18, so it would have gone too far.

The Mrs

iworktoohard

what dc is that from? isnt ipswich served by crick/harlow?

--Have you got my washing machines?--

Bigfoot

Ipswich get Peterborough and Thurrock.

Biffer

Must have been a sub-contractor if it was a blue and white unit. Sounds like CHATS to me, i think they run out of Southway/Welham.

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

Delivery Boy

The trailer was taken back to Peterborough. It's a Dav1 double decker. What I heard was that it was a Tesco driver who didn't have the EBS lead plugged in. Driver is ok now though.

Biffer

Oooops. Driver now jobless then. Sackable offence!

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

Bigfoot

quote:
Originally posted by Biffer

Must have been a sub-contractor if it was a blue and white unit. Sounds like CHATS to me, i think they run out of Southway/Welham.

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

The CHATS units are run by Colton Commercial Haulage based in Barking if I recall correctly. They used to do all of our Southway loads until Thurrock took over.

The Mrs

Not a rollover this time, but a breakdown causing havoc :

http://www.horncastletoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=825&ArticleID=2189497

The Mrs (Administrator)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much. Walter Lippman

Chairswan

From looking at the picture it was a 2-way road it's blocking so traffic would still go by unless of course it's another truck going through ;)

Now it's time to get the cloak & dagger out!

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

iworktoohard

quote:
Originally posted by The Mrs

Not a rollover this time, but a breakdown causing havoc :

http://www.horncastletoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=825&ArticleID=2189497

The Mrs (Administrator)

Is that due to the new tendency of rather close coupling trailers combined with the rather poor quality brake cables that like to split/kink in temperature variations?

Delivery Boy

quote:
"A similar incident occurred in almost exactly the same way a few months ago.

[:I][:I][:I][:I]

At least I had the decency to do it on a Sunday morning when the road was a bit quieter  >:D >:D

The junction is normally ok but a lot depends on any cars parked opposite where you come out.

Chairswan

Can anybody tell me about an incident which happened 2-3 years ago regarding a wagon from Didcot who decided to have a race with another truck between two junctions outside the Didcot area ???

The end result allegedly was the Didcot truck rolled over at a roundabout, no known injuries >:D

Now it's time to get the cloak & dagger out!

Psycho eyes (Moderator)

Kiwi

I'm afraid I don't have any photos or links to articles yet but a lorry overturned yesterday (about 1am Saturday morning i think) just outside the chepstow distribution center, The lorry had been loaded and had just left the DC when it rolled over going round the roundabout at the bottom of the hill to the industrial estate.
Apparently the driver was OK.

doublej

he is a polish driver apparently one of the good ones!according to his tacho he was doing above 30 mph :o

Are Friends Electric?

The Mrs

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/article.php?sec=news&id=8870

Anyone know if this was a Tesco lorry? Looks like a fridge and the driver seems to be in a Tesco uniform.

Whoever he is, I hope he's ok.

The Mrs (Administrator)

Chairswan

Looks like Stresco uniform TM, why they didn't mention the company or maybe it was a late press ???

Psycho eyes (Moderator)
Psychee for short.

Basoo9

Agree pschoee it does look like one of our boys.If it is he will come from Dundee or Livi.Going on the blower to see if it is . :o

La Lutta Continua

TONKA

Definatly a tesco uniform, the grey trousers tell me he has been with the company at least 5 years, thats if they changed colour up there the same time we did.

Tonka (Administrator)

I work for the "upper quartile" not the number one retailer.

Trucker001

The cab steps on that truck look like they are Scania, thought we had only Mercs now.

The Mrs

It was a load of whiskey - £200,000 worth

http://www.injurywatch.co.uk/inbound/lorry-driver-hurt-in-port-glasgow-a3200-000-whisky-spill-2367544

Better photo on this link
http://www.inverclydenow.com/news-detail2.asp?ID=3681

The Mrs (Administrator)

Chairswan

quote:
Originally posted by Trucker001

The cab steps on that truck look like they are Scania, thought we had only Mercs now.

Appologies for going off subject but how come i overtook a 52-reg MAN unit with the Tesco logo on it's door going down the M74 the other weekend ???  >:D

Psycho eyes (Moderator)
Psychee for short.

The Mrs

Unity still have some MAN's.

The Mrs (Administrator)

Basoo9

There are still a couple of 52 plate MANs at Livi .   :P  

La Lutta Continua

Biffer

So its proved then ;)   NOT Tesco ;D   Looks like a container, not a fridge trailer.

Always up...........
Never down
Biffer ( Moderator)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk