News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:31AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 216
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 206
Total: 210

Hypothetical Question

Started by Nomad, 20-05-05, 12:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jester

No, no, I mean anything like notes on the notice board, things said in a meeting, a statement in the paper, something like that was what I meant.

hotlips

Wouldn't think Tesco would dare to comment on this site anywhere shopfloor jester. It would be seen, probably in their eyes, as an advertisement for it. Pity really would save us having to spread the news ourselves.   :P  

one of the famous four
North/South divide is being sorted

jester

It would be rather amusing if they did. I wonder what they would say? WE ARE WATCHING YOU ALL, YOU CANNOT HIDE FOREVER. lol.

they are watching, I have spoken to senior head office managers who openly admit they monitor the site as it provides "feedback". as for trying to id people I don't think they would bother unless someone was inciting crime/ unlawful actions.

jester

Feedback? Thats an interesting way of putting it. As for attempting to id people, they would never be able to do it, there is no solid proof to put to any name. But it does make you wonder, if they are watching, what about the man at the top?

Geniie

Wouldn't surprise me if old uncle Terry is watching, FEEDBACK is only useful if acted upon.

"9 out of 10 cats don't get a choice anyway"

Anne

Well said Geniie

Anne (moderator)
Muppetry in motion !

There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

jester

In that case, a message to all management who read this: ACT ON IT.

maggotbrain

feedback is a gift ( ;D ).Management at a variety of levels read this - curiosity as much as anything.Big brother is nearly always watching.[:I]      :o      

If knowledge hangs around your neck like pearls instead of chains you are a lucky man

Nomad

Perhaps higher MM should make a donation then  ??? :) ;D  8)

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms, than down on your knees.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

jester

I would be amused if they did, but hey, it does not hurt to ask, right?

Dack_to_Rath

Well that person got a final written and cannot transfer to a closer store to where they live because of it.

DACK TO RATH

Death to Tescos Pit tach

jester

quote:
Originally posted by Dack_to_Rath

Well that person got a final written and cannot transfer to a closer store to where they live because of it.

DACK TO RATH

Death to Tescos Pit tach

Because of what ???

I am not a number! I am a free man!

IHATETESCO

There is no case in law for posting the details on a website such as this. As long as you are not slanderous or lying then that is fine. even if you s**g off the company then by law you are doing nothing wrong as it is your opinion  and luckily for us in this country we are allowed to do so !!!

Theflying_guillotine

if it's found it could be adding fuel to the fire & give reason for further action.  My guess would have to be proceed with caution

That is freakin' sweet

Dack_to_Rath

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dack_to_Rath

DACK TO RATH

Death to Tescos Pit tach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of what

I am not a number! I am a free man!

The matter was seen and printed of then sent to the store manager of the store. It was said what they had said was negitive and could put tesco in a bad light. So he was suspended and then put on a final wrtiien warning. I think he still works there.

DACK TO RATH

Death to Tescos Pit tach

Orange

As long as you are honest then I do not believe there is anything the company can do about it, as much as they might like to!

As for the question of bringing the company in to disrepute, there are many senior managers who do that every day by the way they treat their staff.

So much for values eh Terry?

8)

Seanmclude

I dint normally have "Lol" moments but this evening i cracked up during team 5.

It was the 10 to 4 rumble meeting and 2 deliveries in the bay. The warehouseman was taking delivery in on his own again... and was told to be quieter taking in the cages by the store manager!

I laughed and do did half the other managers cause any normal person knows that cages make alot of noise coming off the back of a lorry. The warehouseman then said to him "Move out of the warehouse then if you didn't want noise, cant you see i have two Lorry's in the bay or do you not want me to unload them"

I cracked up. No promotion for me this year i guess for laughing :D

Fair play to the warehouseman he asked us to move out of the way rather than sheepishly pretending we didn't exist.

bushido

arent team fives supposed to all take place on the shop floor so we can annoy customers instead?
bushido  
Those who scream loudest are the quietest when action is needed
"Gentlemen, you cant fight in here, this is the war room!"

Seanmclude

the 10 to 4 rumble meeting takes place in the warehouse.

The 5 o clock meeting takes place on my favourite aisle :D The spirits and beers :)
Gives me ample time to work out what I'm going to buy later :)

The Oracle

Quote from: nomad on 20-05-05, 12:36AM
Hypothetical  ??? : if a person posts on here or on the public side a post that criticises the management and their way of doing things, and/or the way they have been treated by management.   Should they be subject to disciplinary action.
Nomad ( Webmaster )

In answer to the original question, the following is stated on page 43 of the staff handbook; "Any information posted by an employee on a public internet site such as You Tube, My Space or a personal Blog, which refers to Tesco or can be identified with Tesco is prohibited without authorisation from the Stores Director."

The 'such as' part of that statement suggests that the examples given are not all inclusive or exhaustive, so under Tesco Law most people posting on here could and would be subject to disciplinary action  :-X  I'm an ex-employee, so all the other posts saying that as long as what I say is factual and can be proved would cover my teeny tiny backside  ;D

As to whether they should be subject to disciplinary action, of course not, that's one of the wonderful things about this country, we have freedom of speech!  Still, I'd be very, very careful to make sure I couldn't be identified if I was still working for them and wanted to keep my job.

irishtescoworker

Just on a side note... I remember putting out a leaflet about a paydeal encouraging a no vote....

My manager hauled me up to the office threatening disciplinary action and said I was libelling the company...

I felt it prudent to tell her that all of the facts and figures I put into the leaflet, the majority I got from the company website.

However  to be warned.... that was a leaflet directed towards staff within the company. Right or Wrong, companies do take a bad view of employees bad mouthing the company in a public way.

instorebakery

Yes but bad mouthing,are we talking truth bad mouthing or lies?

Tesco's should have nothing to hide...If they are being bad mouthed and its lies then yes they can,just like any normal person prosecute. As for bad mouthing reguarding truth.Would Tesco's WANT to take action? Surely the can of worms is best left closed and ingnored?

Lets just say Tesco's looked at the ''Express Breaks'' thread..Well most of the replies on there are pretty much putting the company down...But would the company act in a prosecuting way,when you can see so many dis-satisfied employees/management?

I think its in the best interests of Tesco's as a company to just ignore staff bad mouthing the company to be honest...As I think in every walk of life you get people moaning about work at some stage or another.To take action over a few dis-grunted staff could just open the can of worms.

just leaving

That makes sense ISB, and that thread is a prime example of people asking questions and giving everyday examples of issues they face. Also paints the company or at least the format, in a very poor light. As most of them can be proved it would take some very confident lawyers / PR people to take that one any further.

If however it was libelous and patently untrue then I believe the company may well release the dogs...

getmeoffthedamncheckout

I don't know if this was mentioned in other/all stores, but we had a Team 5 go out earlier this year warning people about talking about work online (on websites such as facebook and twitter) and urging people not to say negative things about the workplace or colleagues in a public place. I admit i forget what the consequences were, but consequences were outlined.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk