Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:16AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,424
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 557
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 540
Total: 543

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Bobmay on 02-02-23, 09:27AMI don't advise anyone to be shift leader you will be doing far to much for 1 pound extra an hour which is nothing.It is better to find better job elsewhere or to go into education when get easy job which pays well.

I wouldn't want to be a shift leader in a metro  but in the big stores why not take the pound more  an hour just to fill shelves,work tills or take notes in meetings all day.

Kr33zy

Has anyone seen any briefs around redundancies? I would be interested in moving on but not sure if that's an option.

BenPvfc

Is your role affected in the recent changes ?

Kr33zy

Quote from: BenPvfc on 02-02-23, 10:26AMIs your role affected in the recent changes ?
My role is gone and will go under a fresh or ambient manager in the new structure. But from I'm hearing that still doesn't mean I would see a redundancy package.

inthemix

Quote from: Bobmay on 02-02-23, 09:27AMI don't advise anyone to be shift leader you will be doing far to much for 1 pound extra an hour which is nothing.It is better to find better job elsewhere or to go into education when get easy job which pays well.

Have you been told what the hourly rate will be for a shift leader? I didn't know the roles had been advertised yet.

inthemix

Quote from: Preacherpauly on 02-02-23, 10:01AM

I wouldn't want to be a shift leader in a metro  but in the big stores why not take the pound more  an hour just to fill shelves,work tills or take notes in meetings all day.

How do you know what the hourly rate will be for a shift leader? I didn't know the roles had been advertised yet.

Hammer10

I was told it is 12.76 an hour that is including the extra you get for the title.The pack is frightening the only analogy is call your self a drone hovering over the whole store make sure service comes first then tell people what needs doing as things crop up,note taking ,taking sick calls dealing with customer complaints when on duty.Just a basic outline of what the role is .

trivi

£12.16 p/h unless they're increasing it

whatajoke2019

Chatting to someone I know from another store a rumour they've heard is the SLs are going from hourly paid to salaried and that the current role pack online is going to change.

Said I personally couldn't see it myself when the big T are getting rid of salaried TMs/LMs.

They also told me an Express near them is also closing down soon. Second one I'm aware of beyond the one I posted about in the News section of the site - don't recall the big T mentioning that in their press releases?

Tesc0Wow

What's being described about longest serving staff member scoring higher, is called first in first out. It's the most common redundancy strategy across all industries, it's also likely the least subjective as a member of staff who has been in that role for the longer period of time will have the most experience. It's not discriminatory and arguably one of the fairer practises.

Bobmay

Quote from: Kr33zy on 02-02-23, 10:18AMHas anyone seen any briefs around redundancies? I would be interested in moving on but not sure if that's an option.

If they want to change your hours or roles reject it take the money so many people have taken the money and have had better jobs and inexperience than Tesco.My advise is to take the money and move on.

Bobmay

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 02-02-23, 11:24AMChatting to someone I know from another store a rumour they've heard is the SLs are going from hourly paid to salaried and that the current role pack online is going to change.

Said I personally couldn't see it myself when the big T are getting rid of salaried TMs/LMs.

They also told me an Express near them is also closing down soon. Second one I'm aware of beyond the one I posted about in the News section of the site - don't recall the big T mentioning that in their press releases?

False they will stay as hourly.Tesco is saving money they wont be putting all the shift leaders on high salary. Especially since they will be do overtime which will be needed of them.

Kr33zy

Quote from: Bobmay on 02-02-23, 12:43PM
Quote from: Kr33zy on 02-02-23, 10:18AMHas anyone seen any briefs around redundancies? I would be interested in moving on but not sure if that's an option.

If they want to change your hours or roles reject it take the money so many people have taken the money and have had better jobs and inexperience than Tesco.My advise is to take the money and move on.

I want to. Don't want to do more for the same money with extra pressure and stress than involved. Selling your soul at Christmas, no seeing kids, family. No real progression.It's not worth it anyone. And my role is gone. It will now split between packaged/fresh managers.
I've not heard anything official around eligibility for redundancies and my SM is telling me that I won't get to go, despite my clear wish to do so. One of my other colleagues is despite stay but he might be forced to go, as far as SM told his "trusted friend". Where's the logic in that??

trolleyboy96

There might be some truth in it as they come off frog from week 1 shift leaders being salaried, would be interesting as that puts more payroll on store managers to do.

Morrissey1912

Be interesting what redundancy would be offered if there doing away with your job

Hammer10

If they make it salaried they can stuff it where the sun don't shine.

RaceToTheBottom

Quote from: Tesc0Wow on 02-02-23, 11:28AMWhat's being described about longest serving staff member scoring higher, is called first in first out. It's the most common redundancy strategy across all industries, it's also likely the least subjective as a member of staff who has been in that role for the longer period of time will have the most experience. It's not discriminatory and arguably one of the fairer practises.

Lot of nonsense ! Stop scaremongering

NightAndDay

Express stores couldn't function if Shift Leaders didn't do overtime, there's massive retainment and recruitment issues with Shift Leaders in Express still I believe, depending on how they approach the salaried aspect, It could very easily backfire, if you go off the basis that SL's doing a small amount of overtime would be on around £24k a year and entry TM salaries are £26k a year, there could be operational implications if say, they salaried SLs to £24k a year and expect them to do lot of overtime, add to that there's also the very real risk that SL's could be paid less than the national living wage if their salary is fixed, we all have to remember, as it stands they're only paid £1.86 an hour more than a CA I believe.

Davethebave

The fact, that even with all of the technological advances we have put in for the future, we still, as a company, can't manage to keep damaged 2siders out of circulation is very worrying

NightAndDay

Technology in that instance isn't the problem, it's spending money to replace them that is, even at head office level, you'd be surprised at how tight the purse strings are for things like that.

lucgeo

Having witnessed the redundancy scenario in Tesco many times, I would advise everyone to believe NO ONE!! Ignore rumours, don't take any knee jerk reactions! Many people will have their devious reasons for spreading untruths and rumours!
If you're to be affected with redundancy, wait until your meeting and go armed with all the questions you want answered...if you're a union member take your rep, if not ask for a non affected colleague to accompany you.
Get the right facts from the one conducting the redundancy meetings, if they don't have the answer there and then ask for a quick response and give an agreed timeline.

Some of the questions could be...

1) If I find another position with another company, will I be able to leave before the end of the consultation to take up the position?...on the last team leader's redundancy cull, after many stores were giving conflicting answers, it was made clear that all affected colleagues who could prove the new job offer was made during the consultation period, then they could leave early and would be paid redundancy.

2) How many paid hours am I allocated to attend interviews with another company?..it used to be 4 separate half days to attend.

3) Is the four week trial period for a different position still an option?.. As in, if you accept a role and find it's not suitable for you, you'd give notice by the third week that you intend to accept redundancy.

Ask as many questions as you want, don't be rushed, and ensure all notes are complete and you receive a written copy. Keep your meetings private and don't tell anyone what was said or what you've decided :-X  :-X

Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

FarmerFred

Quote from: Davethebave on 02-02-23, 03:24PMThe fact, that even with all of the technological advances we have put in for the future, we still, as a company, can't manage to keep damaged 2siders out of circulation is very worrying
The problem is that people don't follow the process for dealing with damaged cages because it's easier to just chuck them back to the depot in untagged and not segregated from good cages.
Quote from: NightAndDay on 02-02-23, 04:22PMTechnology in that instance isn't the problem, it's spending money to replace them that is, even at head office level, you'd be surprised at how tight the purse strings are for things like that.
Tesco spent a lot amount of money the last few months cycling in tens of thousands of new 2 & 4 sides cages to replace old & damaged cages. Likewise, dozens of stores have "benefitted" from a significant investment in refits and renewals, distribution have received a significant number of tractor units & trailers - there is plenty of money available if its' use can be justified.

CaramelBunny

One of our fresh managers was recently investigated for fiddling the waste.

I wonder if that means they are for it.

5fdp

If they were disciplined for it, then yes they will score lower than other mgrs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk