News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-05-24, 09:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,908
  • Latest: Old man
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,559
  • Total Topics: 647
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 440
Total: 445

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkyPoo

Quote from: ImBackBaby on 13-05-24, 11:27AM
Quote from: StinkyPoo on 09-05-24, 01:24PMUnrelated to the thread but can't remember how to start a topic...
Are Tesco removing the Extra format?
Honestly, it would not surprise me. Most people cant even tell the difference between a Tesco Superstore and Tesco Extra, they have cut that much of the customer offering, the Extra brand is no longer relevant. Most Extras that have a load of extra floor space and a dotcom are being converted into Urban Fulfilment centres or leased out to 3rd party companies.

All shops were I am, have had all the extra branding that was on the gable walls removed and the whole outside painted in a new grey colour scheme, seems to be the way they are going now. Only sign that remains, is the Extra sign on the roof of the shop. Even the Welcome to Tesco Extra -insert store name here - is just now Welcome to Tesco - insert store name here-
The extra by me has had it's extra sign removed and the staff have been told that it's just called Tesco.

FarmerFred

Quote from: 1982dave on 13-05-24, 05:32PMI bloddy doubt it I work in a extra we not long had fancy new led and neon lights saying Tesco extra massive signs at front and side of store
Given the Tesco mentality that probably means it's about to be downgraded....

grim up north

Quote from: FarmerFred on 14-05-24, 08:06AM
Quote from: 1982dave on 13-05-24, 05:32PMI bloddy doubt it I work in a extra we not long had fancy new led and neon lights saying Tesco extra massive signs at front and side of store
And less money for managers, as they're not managing an extra??

ImBackBaby

Quote from: grim up north on 14-05-24, 11:39AM
Quote from: FarmerFred on 14-05-24, 08:06AM
And less money for managers, as they're not managing an extra??
Stores are put into a category A to whatever... A being the highest and so on. The brand above the door means feck all.

King1999

May aswell brand it as s*** show really.

barafear

Slightly more back on topic of "pay review" - T&sco remind us how fairly they treat us all by only increasing the "base salary" of Ken by 3% next year - compared to our bumper 9.1% increase (which covered about 11 months of the year - but let's not pick bones eh!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51nn8rz057o

fatlad

Beanny

Any night managers know when our night premium increase kicks in?

valleyboy

Beanny, surely you have had your pay discussion?

Beanny

The pay review did not mention the increase in the night premium rate. Mine didnt anyway!! Anyone had a different experience?

barafear

Would this be an increase in premium for managers only or for all night staff?
There was no general increase in night premium for B/C staff - I did read on here that maybe managers were getting an extra £500 or £1000 - but as I'm not a manager and I have no manager friends - I do not know whether that is true or not?

oldfashionedplayer

it was an increase for night managers as a way to "keep them", night staff get Zilch

Beanny

It was for all night managers going from £4000 to £5000 for their night annual premium. It was to put them on the same night premium as distribution night managers.

barafear

Slightly off-topic question - can someone please let me know if there is an official way/route/form to complete in order to request a permanent change to contracted hours (reducing from 32 to 30 in this case) - is it just a case of "writing a memo to manager" -or is there a form to complete? Is there any other process which would hold this process up? Asking for a colleague who has been waiting three weeks for her manager to "come back to her" on it.

fatlad

No form as far as I'm aware but not 100% sure. I asked for a permanent change in contracted hours back in January and am still being fobbed off by my manager with one excuse after another. Thinking of going above my line manager & asking the store manager.

oldfashionedplayer

I would assume that it'd be a flexible working request, and come under that for reduction of hours, whether temporary or permanent it can be looked at there on either a trial basis or a permanent basis, which under that it says manager will arrange a meeting at a mutual time to discuss, however the process has to be completed within 2 months from receiving a request to responding to any subsequent appeal.

on the site there's a guide with it and a flexible working checklist and the bottom of what they'd discuss it seems, so whether that's something to go off of, if you've been fobbed off since january after submitting I would definitely raise it as a complaint that's not following policy process.

londoner83

The issue with reducing your contract by 2 hours is that it could well be hard to backfill those hours.

Under new rules any vacancies have to offer 16hrs a week, and even a single shift needs to be more than 3 hours.

If you have someone willing to pick up the hours you are dropping I don't see the issue but if for example you are the only colleague on your department working 1-10pm on a Saturday and you now wish to finish at 8pm it could cause operational issues.

oldfashionedplayer

It may be that another colleague would be happy to pick up and start at like the 8pm etc? I kmow at ours we've had a few leave and their shifts just went to overtime while there's staff who joined before Christmas that want their hours, so they have to go through the consolidating overtime hours into contracted one process to see if they can get it that way since they typically work the same hours as overtime anyhow but now it's just extra overtime  8-)

I doj get what your saying though about the lacking of cover for those 2 hours but could always just benefit someone in the end if they asked around and tried a trial perhaps?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk