News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:08PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 280
Total: 283

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stubbo

No, they say there's no redundancy on offer but if your job is gone legally they have to offer it but then you would be unemployed.

Suppord

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]
Current climate is rather keep a job than not

Stubbo

I wonder why these changes are happening now!!! >:D

Suppord

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Because they remembered we are just numbers not people

rogerthedodger

Quote from: Stubbo on 05-03-21, 05:49PM
They are still there....I've just looked.

Can you link says page not available when I search

Stubbo

Our tesco,  working at tesco, careers,  role packs, large store. Sorry unable to link.

Redshoes

Runners are still needed, will be at colleague level. No skill payment as some tasks have been removed. Not sure what tasks yer as full list of tasks is not down until week 3.
Depending on the area you live and work will be key to how quickly or slowly the shift leads come in. An area with a high turn over will slip into having shift leads much quicker.
There has been a pause on change to manager role. The evenly dividing up of teams has gone and managers become Team Managers but roughly stay as they are. The impact to front end is bigger because the front end manager has gone back to a higher head count but no team support. No idea if this is a temporary hold or total change back.
If I was a soon to be ex Team Support I would keep my options open. I understand and sympathise with change but if you want to go for shift lead you need to keep yourself in the running. It might be weeks, months or years before shift leads come in but let's get through the weeks and months first. If it does go to years you can then decide to step back but if you do that now and they bring the role in you may have excluded yourself from applying.
As an ex TS it all goes on points as to who gets the shift leader jobs. Having a live warning will put you down the list but some other things will score you points for example. Manager will be offered shift lead jobs first. There is a very strict pecking order. Some may decide to step down but I suspect not many.

Stubbo

What about the service team support role?

forrestgimp

This all sounds like smoke and mirrors to me, Tesco saying 'this is what we want but we are not making people redundant' so nothing changes until people leave, which with managers will pretty much be never. Lead managers nope dont need them but we will wait till you leave in 30 years time.

The only people getting shafted are checkout and driver team support. Less money different job take it or leave it.

QuoteBefore your employer makes you redundant they might offer you another job in the organisation. This is called 'suitable alternative employment'.

Tell your employer in writing if you decide to accept the alternative job. Ask for a new contract, new job description and any changes to your terms and conditions, for example your pay.

You might not want the alternative job - for example if it pays less or it's a different type of work. You might be able to get redundancy pay instead if you have a good reason to refuse the job. To get redundancy pay you'll need to have worked for your employer for at least 2 years by the time your original job ends.

If it was me I would be asking myself if it is reasonable to remove my job pay me less money amd tell me to suck it up buttercup, I would be pushing for redundancy.

Redshoes

Quote from: Stubbo on 05-03-21, 09:50PM
What about the service team support role?

Not all stores are getting the service shift lead role. It's only the stores that take more than 600,000 a wk. Exact figure might be wrong but it is something like that. I think there might be a possibility of things being modified as the change to managers has been modified.

Suppord

[admin]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/admin]

You are correct on 600,000 a week.  Ours and another store in our group are losing them.

Ashbeck

Quote from: Redshoes on 05-03-21, 09:36PM
There has been a pause on change to manager role. The evenly dividing up of teams has gone and managers become Team Managers but roughly stay as they are. The impact to front end is bigger because the front end manager has gone back to a higher head count but no team support. No idea if this is a temporary hold or total change back.

Where have you heard this? Apart from the brief being read out, I've heard nothing from either my lead or SM all week and no answers provided to questions asked. We're a bit in limbo in our store waiting to hear how we're impacted. Dotcom TS have had their 1:1 but everyone else has been left wondering.

Davethebave

As far as I know, the change to managers roles is only until after Easter then it changes?

Redshoes

It changes for team leaders and managers after 10th or 11th April.
There have been revised changes for managers but I think a lot of that is up to the store manager.

Brief 1 - head count even distributed between managers. Everybody just becomes Team Managers. Reality is that checkout manager no longer has self service or off till activities as having checkouts alone puts the head count about the advised maximum 38.

Brief 2 - Due to the splitting up of areas it does not make sense for self service and scan as you shop colleagues to be split from checkouts. A grocery manager for example is not best placed to take on these colleagues. Role still becomes Team Managers but front end retain all areas they had before brief 1 so head count is way above the advised maximum 38. Some managers will have 5 colleagues and others 60.

Dot.com has own stand alone brief.

FuriousAnger

So supposedly with the 2 year pay protection, it may not be 2 years protection as there is talk of it being incrementally reduced every 6 months until the 2 years are up.
Any clarification on this as its been said by a union rep in my store.
This would also mean its not pay protection in the slightest!!!!!

forrestgimp

Quote from: Redshoes on 07-03-21, 09:36AM

Brief 2 - Due to the splitting up of areas it does not make sense for self service and scan as you shop colleagues to be split from checkouts. A grocery manager for example is not best placed to take on these colleagues. Role still becomes Team Managers but front end retain all areas they had before brief 1 so head count is way above the advised maximum 38. Some managers will have 5 colleagues and others 60.

So nothing changes nothing what so ever.

Redshoes

So it would seem. Original change has been changed. So it's just a new job title for managers now and a bigger role for the old checkout manger.
We don't have the full brief on what tasks come under off till activities yet though.

Colleague 3000000

We must seriously start balloting for strike action.

Instead of writing essays on here.

Do not cross the picket lines.

[admin]What picket lines, very unlikely there will ever be any (a pity) due to USDAW/Tesco relationship, a great many pocket money workers, part time and temp. Please play a different tune, or make use of this topic New union. [/admin]

wizard

Colleague 3000000 , with Usdaw you can't strike it was written out the agreement years ago , no one would walk out on strike , people are to worried for there jobs

NightAndDay

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 08-03-21, 11:02AM
We must seriously start balloting for strike action.

Instead of writing essays on here.

Do not cross the picket lines.

First step would be to get rid of USDAW as the recognised union and get the ball rolling for another union to be recognised by Tesco, this would cancel the partnership agreement and then would be able to hamstring Tesco with Strike action.

Paulie

Time for people to suck it up and have their medicine, talk of strike action is too late. What about the poor folks who lost their jobs in previous years. Managers have known this has been coming for years, they can't touch the bottom level of staff anymore so they have stepped up the next tier. The executioners are now being executed.

chris9997

Firstly i am sure that tesco have checked and made sure it is not a redundency situation ,a manager for instance managing one area can manage another and grocery manager to team manager is just change of title.
However i dont really see the point of keeping the staff and moving them around in preference to redundancy in a lot of cases the redundency payment will barely equal the wages for that person over a year against paying the new rate + the retained pay and still having the same head count.

stockstaffreduction

We need to ballot for strike action!

Sorry, its not been said for about 3 hours.

Im worried that we might be missing a chance to debate something that is not going to happen.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Paulie on 08-03-21, 02:32PM
Time for people to suck it up and have their medicine, talk of strike action is too late. What about the poor folks who lost their jobs in previous years. Managers have known this has been coming for years, they can't touch the bottom level of staff anymore so they have stepped up the next tier. The executioners are now being executed.

In what way are managers being as you put it executed?

Lets look at the facts.

Fact 1....... No manager is going to lose their job

Fact 2...... Managers are going from being a fresh or grocery or any other type of manager to just a Manager with the same pay same perks same everything.

Fact 3..... Checkout team support is no more, you either if one is available take the new shift leader job with massively more rquirements a bigger role with more responsibility and perhaps slightly more pay.

Fact 4.... If no Shift leader role is available you go back on the checkouts take a paycut (with protection) and still have to do off till jobs for no extra money and take the responsibility on with that in mind.

So I have no clue why managers are crying or whatever because other than a name change nothing is happening to them.

beentheredoneit

re Fact 3 - unlikely that shift leader roles will be available for some time - until manager count is as the company require.
It certainly wont be automatic for team support to be offered these roles. many are doing a job easily done by other CAs i.e. not managing people
you missed off Fact 5 - manager numbers are being drastically reduced; the frustration is that new structure wont be in place until manager levels correct' although you are correct; no managers are being made to lose their jobs, but is still alot of uncertainty around
beentheredoneit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk