Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

08-05-24, 06:56PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,483
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Booking holidays online, has anyone manage it yet?

Started by redeo, 07-06-23, 11:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duff McKagan

Are you trying to book for 2025/26 though as thats where the problem lies

User 1234

Quote from: Duff McKagan on 01-04-24, 08:38AMAre you trying to book for 2025/26 though as thats where the problem lies
Correct 2025/2026 not allowing any booking. Current year works.

Anyone know when it will actually work? Any announcement? Can't stay in all day on hope and others in store working!

grim up north

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 01-04-24, 08:30AMapp seems to work for me, though usual i just go in and hand the form in whether im in or not so got all the dates i wanted lol.
Do you collect trollies and so on as you walk through the car park too? Perhaps jump on a checkout while your manager finishes their break?

jamietit

Been trying myself since midnight to book 2025-26 holidays it won't let you do it does anyone know when it will work you can always book them from 1st April

grim up north

Just been on colleague help, says due to issues they will open the holiday book on May 1st                        april fool

gomezz

Quote from: grim up north on 01-04-24, 09:46AMDo you collect trollies and so on as you walk through the car park too?
I always tidy up the trollies waiting to be collected when I add mine to the stack.  Doesn't everyone?  "See it, Sort it!".
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

grim up north

When you're on your day off? That was the point of my comment

JJH

Quote from: User 1234 on 01-04-24, 07:28AMBeyond disgusting, up midnight and all night, App broke, then bad gateway, then no 2025 allowance, it's not good for anyone's mental health not to get sleep, then it's a lottery when it may come up, if you get what you need with your family, small stores are very strict on numbers off. This needs to be taken up by the unions
How incredibly dramatic

BritishRacingGreen

:D  :thumbup:
Stamps foot and goes off to tell Nanny that Tesco are being mean ...

gomezz

Quote from: grim up north on 01-04-24, 09:58AMWhen you're on your day off? That was the point of my comment
Indeed.  Same as doing any other community-minded small deed such as picking up a bit of litter if there is a waste bin near by or helping an old lady across the road .., whether she wants to go or not!  ;D
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

User 1234

Quote from: JJH on 01-04-24, 11:03AM
Quote from: User 1234 on 01-04-24, 07:28AMBeyond disgusting, up midnight and all night, App broke, then bad gateway, then no 2025 allowance, it's not good for anyone's mental health not to get sleep, then it's a lottery when it may come up, if you get what you need with your family, small stores are very strict on numbers off. This needs to be taken up by the unions
How incredibly dramatic
How?

JJH

Quote from: User 1234 on 01-04-24, 11:45AM
Quote from: JJH on 01-04-24, 11:03AM
How incredibly dramatic
How?
"Beyond disgusting", what on earth are you doing being up all night to book holiday ffs  :D Affecting mental health? Go to bed then, it isnt't Tesco's fault you've chosen to stay up all night having a tantrum.

What on earth do you expect a union to do about what appears to be a technical issue?

Get a grip

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: grim up north on 01-04-24, 09:46AM
Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 01-04-24, 08:30AMapp seems to work for me, though usual i just go in and hand the form in whether im in or not so got all the dates i wanted lol.
Do you collect trollies and so on as you walk through the car park too? Perhaps jump on a checkout while your manager finishes their break?
:D no the holiday form hand in is the only time I do anything when I'm not working actually, everything else is work time, if you want to make sure you get ALL your holidays and midnight into April 1st doesn't fall on your working day, then its just easy enough to just turn up and hand them in - soon as it turns to a second past midnight = win, all first, all no reason to be refused...

Saves all the drama later in the year of "I need that one" "no too many off"

All the people staying up to then fill in holidays on the app 1 by 1 vs just taking a form in knowing how tesco technology is..... Every paydaytime its always down for checking, they've never planned for the amount of traffic, so expect the next year to be the same cause I'm used to how it works so I expect the worse from the company in terms of "how easy things are"

ExSMfloor

For stores on work and pay (which is now over 95%), a paper holiday form is no longer an acceptable method of requesting holiday, and as per the holiday policy will not be accepted. If your manager is still doing this, they shouldn't be, and it could be over turned at a later date.

Regarding this issue, there is an existing global colleague help ticket and it's under investigation, entitlement page is now re loaded but entitlement remains at 0 for everyone hence the issue - expected fix is tomorrow

oldfashionedplayer

nope incorrect Exsmfloor, if you ask on colleague help they will tell you that paper is still accepted however they advise that colleagues move to the app - the My-Tesco-Enhancements-2-Rollout-FAQs said they are no longer accepted but its actually incorrect information, as i've mentioned before that they'd have to give you a company phone or let you book them in company time on the MPC's etc and be paid doing it - they don't want you doing that, instead they want you to do it of your own accord, and they want managers to "use their time if they want outside of work to accept or decline"

if they had worded it as managers had to sort it out outside of work, that'd most likely be classed as on call and be subject to needing to be paid, key to things is wording, Should and Must

You Should use the app to book holidays

You Must call in when your sick.

Got plenty of affirmations that they are still accepted, so If they want something to lose - then so be it, documentation of everything is and always has been a way make sure myself is protected should any problems arise.

BritishRacingGreen

My phone - and any apps on it - is there for my convenience - for work matters or otherwise.
I don't expect my bank to supply a phone because I use their app.
Amazon certainly haven't given me a phone because I use theirs.

inthemix

Are you in a trade union?

Topgun

So apparently been told can't book till October now 25/26 holidays wtf!

StinkyPoo

Quote from: Topgun on 02-04-24, 11:49AMSo apparently been told can't book till October now 25/26 holidays wtf!
who told you that?

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Topgun on 02-04-24, 11:49AMSo apparently been told can't book till October now 25/26 holidays wtf!
quite the nonsense there, once the window opens on April 1st at 00:00:01 (1 second past midnight) you can book any and all up to the 31st March to the following year... book them all in a row if you want or space them out, first come first serve, if you are first for that date there is zero reason to be refused it or have to wait to put in for a few months time.

Sherwoodforest

Off colleague help:You can book time away for the current holiday year, and the next holiday year. So we are in current holiday year,if the technology is down then paper requests should be accepted as policy says you can book
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

oldfashionedplayer

You can book with paper regardless, that's why paper is still available in store too... Same for the downloadable if you want to print off of colleague help....

Right at bottom listed as Holiday Request Form (Work & Pay Stores).pdf

madness

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 02-04-24, 05:08PM
quite the nonsense there, once the window opens on April 1st at 00:00:01 (1 second past midnight) you can book any and all up to the 31st March to the following year... book them all in a row if you want or space them out, first come first serve, if you are first for that date there is zero reason to be refused it or have to wait to put in for a few months time.
Problem with the system my store has said.

oldfashionedplayer

yeah... whether there is a problem or not it won't stop handing in a paper form though and it being accepted?

Duff McKagan

Handed mine in on paper and it was accepted with no issues at all, all booked in and authorised now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk