News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:45PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 296
Total: 300

Mere

Started by Nomad, 17-06-21, 10:42AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Lidl, Tesco and other supermarkets face competition with new budget retailer dubbed 'Russian Aldi'

Quote'Mere' could be up to 30 per cent cheaper than Tesco - or even Lidl

Stores have already begun popping up in Preston, Lancashire; Castleford, West Yorkshire; Mold, North Wales, and Caldicot, in South Wales.

Mere, new one on me. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Looks like all we need now is the backdoor man to take deliveries straight from source and throw out a few pallets in a store. Express staffing numbers will be suitable in extra format.   No massive warehouse, no more spinning cans for a living and hunting about for hours driving the prices up sky high for the customer.  In fact never mind the backdoor man just let the delivery drivers let themselves in to drop there own pallets.  >:D

dirty-donkey

Robots to unload pallets and take to shop floor, customer wants stuff? open it yourself, simples.!

lol its me

its just a shop filled with only vodka

penguin

Will Tesco and others learn from the past if this chain starts to take off, I can remember as late as 2004 when Lidl built a new store about 5 mins away from the Tesco I worked in at the time, the sm and other managers thought it was a laugh and said it will be gone in a few years, only people who are skint would even be seen inside, not many of them were left laughing once it opened as customers went to it and many did not come back to us.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Seems Mere is going for an even more efficient model than Aldi or Lidl, though This won't change market shares overnight, the introduction of a new operations model and lower costs will take market share away from the big 4 over time.

lordadmiral

Quote from: dirty-donkey on 17-06-21, 01:04PM
Robots to unload pallets and take to shop floor, customer wants stuff? open it yourself, simples.!

When we travel around europe it's normal for customers for opening cases to grab single items.
Multipacks can be sold as singles so lots of companies save a fortune by just stacking pallets.
And no costs like here when we most if the time throw away split cases.

Welshie

We still don't have an Aldi for 100miles , I'll not be holding my breath 🤣

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk