News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:09PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 291
Total: 294

Managers Unpaid Hours Worked

Started by Ibanker2, 22-05-21, 08:21AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batmanjo

Let's not forget they still get a yearly BONUS unlike all GA's who were scammed out of their BONUS with this 10% increase over 2 years what a joke that was the bonus actually paying for a wage increase and as long as they stay above NMW there is nothing they can do except moan suck it up MANAGEMENT !!  :D :D :D :D Boo Hoo !!

NightAndDay

Don't even have to stay above minimum wage going off my own experience and the recent HMRC name and shame.

spike_pkh

Quote from: Batmanjo on 15-06-21, 12:54PM
Let's not forget they still get a yearly BONUS unlike all GA's who were scammed out of their BONUS with this 10% increase over 2 years what a joke that was the bonus actually paying for a wage increase and as long as they stay above NMW there is nothing they can do except moan suck it up MANAGEMENT !!  :D :D :D :D Boo Hoo !!

Or on the flipside to your comment.

Let's not forget they got a minimal pay rise whilst the GA's got a massive increase but were told they would keep their bonus in lieu of this. Then Tesco continued to pay GA's a bonus anyway just to twist the knife

NightAndDay

Massive increase... don't think you've got the right Tesco fella.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: spike_pkh on 16-06-21, 06:06PM
Quote from: Batmanjo on 15-06-21, 12:54PM

Or on the flipside to your comment.

Let's not forget they got a minimal pay rise whilst the GA's got a massive increase but were told they would keep their bonus in lieu of this. Then Tesco continued to pay GA's a bonus anyway just to twist the knife

Which alternative dimension does tesco give a "massive bonus" to GA staff?... Always known it to be the bare minimum and pay cuts, hell, mines almost back to the pay u was in when I started  like 10 ish years ago... Managers have far better pay I er the years..,

spike_pkh

We got 10% over 2 years which is massive in comparison to other years.

And I never said massive bonus. We got 2% bonus on top of the 10% payrise, managers got 2.5% with a small payrise (something like 2% i think)

NightAndDay

10% would indeed be massive if we weren't talking minimum wage levels as the base pay, and the fact that the loss of the performance bonus covered the increase.

The Covid bonus is a one off and shouldn't be treated as a bonus, rather danger money for these trying times.

lol its me

10% would ALSO indeed be massive if i didnt loose my time and a half on sundays and my bonus, im earning the exact same money now as i did in 2016, s*** company

forrestgimp

That 'Massive' payrise spike is shouting about caused my colleague to lose money when he lost all the addons they took away. Fantastic payrise it was for him.

NightAndDay

Add to this, that 10% was essentially mandatory has the minimum wage increased by a similar amount.

spike_pkh

Quote from: NightAndDay on 17-06-21, 10:24AM
10% would indeed be massive if we weren't talking minimum wage levels as the base pay, and the fact that the loss of the performance bonus covered the increase.

The Covid bonus is a one off and shouldn't be treated as a bonus, rather danger money for these trying times.

But yet the managers didn't receive it as well, when they worked throughout the whole pandemic as well

The pay rise was due to minimum wage increase, I understand that completely and think it was long overdue. They should have just scrapped all bonuses and given everyone the same increase.

Davethebave

To be clear managers did receive the covid bonus. The 2.5% was the covid bonus.
The business said that we didn't meet the requirements to pay the yearly bonus that managers receive.

I think many managers would rather have the 10% pay rise over two years rather than the bonus.

forrestgimp

Of course they would but then they wouldn't be in the position of their pay packet being less with the removal of the other sundry addons.

grim up north

Quote from: NightAndDay on 17-06-21, 10:24AM

Dont forget the small matter of people who shielded for just over a year(apart from 1 day at work), got the bonus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk