News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:17AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Equal Pay/Leigh Day /Tom Hewitt/

Started by OpShunned, 22-03-17, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfashionedplayer

or working on nights with some management that don't know how to keep their nose out... stop for 2 seconds to do something "why you doing that", check delivery timer - "why you on your phone", not as much as distribution with a strap on you sure but we just get it from them without the need of a band on our arms lol. its verbal :P

T2019sackallmanagers

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

Totally agree! I think prison is a better place to be than Tesco nights. Regularly Magor DC staff would work in our store during heavy snow, let's just say they were surprisingly slow and couldn't believe how hard store night staff work for so little pay in comparison!

[admin]Considering what occurred in Auschwitz I think it unsuitable to use it in the way you did. Post edited. [/admin]

lordadmiral

Quote from: Carparkpothole on 08-06-21, 09:08PM
All distribution centres are struggling to recruit now, I've heard that there are way more leaving  than applications.

Been told that something like 80 from avonmouth moved to lidl to get 2 pound more. Another pay war between warehouses to keep employees in.

Nomad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/tesco-employee-told-thats-just-24289279

Some interesting snippets.

Quote"Managers were expected to work all hours with no overtime. In theory, we could have raised both issues with Usdaw, the workers union, but we all knew it was about as much use back then as a wet paper bag."

She escalated the case with unions but this also fell through.

"In the 1990s, we were able to vote on pay rises. But then the union did a deal with Tesco and all votes on pay rises stopped.

"It was a prime example of the union benefiting the company rather than the workers they represented."

Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk