Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:22PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 311
Total: 315

BWS, Health beauty, Frozen. Moved to days

Started by Vinny1985, 26-04-21, 03:52AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny1985

Anyone else who works nights who work on  BWS, H&B and frozen been moved onto days as a trail? Any information would be great

oldfashionedplayer

Wondered if other stores were trialing it or had done it too...... apparently used to be how it was before nights became a thing for it  ???

Johnzo88

Yeah my store started the trial last Monday. Lasting 8 weeks. I work BWS on nights so I have been moved to the back door/warehouse. Although I told them after 2 nights that that wasn't for me, so been put back into grocery. According to my store manager, no jobs are at risk on nights no matter what happens after the 8 weeks, although I take this with a pinch of salt.

biggguy

yep happening in our store and funny thing is not one night shift worker has volunteered to go on days lol

forrestgimp

People on nights generally are on it because they want to be on so thats not a surprise also you tend to know the ones who want to go onto days they make no secret of it.

Nights takes a special kind of person to do it for a long period of time and I take my hat off to those doing it.

kaled78

non food changed to daytime fill,a few years ago,looks like someone has had the bright idea to try it with other departments as well now

Himynameus

My store is taking part to. My store in the one that opened the ufc on last year. And that did have a night team  filling  the ufc but they have changed it now In January this year to  a twilight fill. I think night have a feeling this is now the whole store will end up more so being a large extra that now shuts over night plus course the ufc delivery's and store delivery's all come in on 1 delivery so it all there already to be filled much earlier now.

oldfashionedplayer

Yeah ours started it for 8 weeks, said we'd get protected pay voluntary basis for signing up for it some have gone over, said after 8 weeks they'll see whether to keep it or not... Think it's mainly heading down the road of do it this way, ask people, then when it comes to going to twilight or days and removing nights it'll be "well you said you could do it" or "you've done it before so it's not unreasonable" as an excuse for refusing to pay out etc.

Voulezvous

So if they went from nights to twilight/days then surely night staff would get offered redundancy? I certainly don't want to go onto days.

T.C.1

When hardlines went to days they were offered redundancy but that was back then now nights are all named ' grocery' so no jobs will go thus it's not a department on its own. No way will they pay redundancy

forrestgimp

If you look on the government website about it redundancy will occur when any job changes can not be called reasonable and going from nights to days or the other way round is one that's cited as an example. So yes if they decide to do away with nights there may well be jobs available on days but you will get offered redundancy as well.

T.C.1

Yep that might be so but look what trouble managers are having trying to go down the redundancy route when there job had gone

Nomad

Nights to days or vice versa, is a redundancy situation unless the operative wishes to accept the offered alternative.

Why can't some people accept that fact.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

NightAndDay

Quote from: T.C.1 on 28-04-21, 06:03PM
Yep that might be so but look what trouble managers are having trying to go down the redundancy route when there job had gone

It'll all be based on how strong Tescos legal case is, if someone raised the issue of not being offered redundancy going from nights to day, legally it's a cut and dry case, the people partner would be advised by General Counsel that they should be offered redundancy as not doing so could lead to unfair dismissal/constructive dismissal quite easily.

Davethebave

Nights to days is definitely grounds for redundancy.

Protected pay for a while would also be a likely option or a lump sum.

The redundancy package would probably be very poor

chris9997

Quote from: NightAndDay on 29-04-21, 10:53AM
Quote from: T.C.1 on 28-04-21, 06:03PM

It'll all be based on how strong Tescos legal case is, if someone raised the issue of not being offered redundancy going from nights to day, legally it's a cut and dry case, the people partner would be advised by General Counsel that they should be offered redundancy as not doing so could lead to unfair dismissal/constructive dismissal quite easily.
The mm restructure is totally different as the job is being redefined different responsibilities for less money, where as nights to days may have serious implications for the staff ,
Eg health and mental issues ( working a long time on nights and then switching)
Child care issues ,

forrestgimp

Quote from: Davethebave on 29-04-21, 01:44PM

The redundancy package would probably be very poor

Why would the package change now, its been the same for the last 30 years, People come out with the same doom and gloom everytime redundancy is on the horizon "the package will be very poor" without one iota of evidence to back it up. Do you just enjoy making stressed people even more stressed with rumour and innuendo? You need to get another hobby.

dizzy_1

It was only a few years ago that they were rolling out a removal of nights and offered them 16-20 hours on days from full time nights. Needless to say 98% of our nights walked out the door taking a large chunk of money with them, the few people that stayed, went on days/twilights because they only had a year or three on nights and wouldn't have gotten much redundancy money. 
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

lordadmiral

Our BWS fresh been moved to days  few years ago. Total disaster. No one from night accepted the move so we had new employees who failed heavly each day. We end up with record high backstock levels whitch wasn't worked for months at some point on bws. But fresh had to be reworked on nights and then in the morning. So ot simply required 2/3 people to do what one person normally did over the night.
We back to night fill.

forrestgimp

Same as us, however now its back to normal next to no backstock and no nightshift so it will improve given time.

Rad

It makes sense.  Almost every store is now overmanned so the work can be picked up by day colleagues at no cost.  Night overtime will almost disappear. Holidays will be fine as there's several extra bodies with less aisles to fill. 

chris9997

There used to be the saying amongst staff on days I will not fill this is a night job , this concept is being phased out and  in the stores with a night shift have been told that replenishment is a 24 hour cycle.

kaled78

It seems to be the other way round in my store, nights no longer fill crisps, toilet rolls, front of store, promotion ends or mu's as they say it's days job.

cosmosmallpiece

Any news on how this is working in Stores please ?

Jamesowhiteo

In our extra store, there's around 30 delivery cages sitting in the H&B warehouse. Not many people taking the day overtime. As soon as people clear a few cages, more delivery comes in. Absolute mess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk