News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:39PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 282
Total: 286

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trivi

Is it all stores affected or just large format? I'm on a placement in superstore from express but haven't heard anything yet!?

whatajoke2019

Triviup,

Small and Large Superstores as well as Extras are impacted by this 'soft change'-are you on a placement to become a manager in a larger format? If so you need to start asking your SM questions...

spike_pkh

Anyone know what is happening with nights? Will they get shift leaders and a reduction of managers?

JPW

Quote from: bluemoonfan on 04-03-21, 07:53PM
I'm a Driver team support and had my 1 to 1 yesterday , our store is going from 2 Picker and 2 Driver team supports to 2 Shift leaders. After reading the role pack, and our store already struggling to fill both Picker and Driver gaps, why would i want the extra stress of doing both roles and half the managers role whilst taking a Pay Cut. The pay difference between a Driver and a Shift leader in my opinion is negligible and would only need 1 or two day overtime shifts as a driver to be on more than the Shift Leader.

I'm so glad you said this, I was feeling like I was making a big deal about it in my head. But you putting it like this, really helps! I hope everything works out okay for you.

Rumblerumble

Well im in 10am
Lets see what happens

SwampDonkey

Has any other team support got protection pay on there payslip this morning..... I've signed nothing? Can anyone explain!

trivi

Has your hourly rate changed ?

trolleyboy96

Are you a first aider? All ours have it due to being holiday or sick...it's come up as payment protection.

SwampDonkey

Thanks trollyboy it's the first aid thing. I was ready to go off the handle  :-X haha

AJR2171

Hi,

I know this isn't the right place but how do I start my own post or search for an existing post/subject please?

Thank you

Colleague 3000000

Je suis Tesco!!!

It's time we all rose up and showed the public we are not cowards!

It is time to ballot for strike action!!

Say it with me: Je suis Tesco!!

Strike, Strike, Strike!

Pincheeto

Anyone heard how these changes are likely to affect those of us hoping to go onto options. I was due to get signed on this month but meeting has now been cancelled. Not sure where that leaves me.

whyamihere

Quote from: bluemoonfan on 04-03-21, 07:53PM
I'm a Driver team support and had my 1 to 1 yesterday , our store is going from 2 Picker and 2 Driver team supports to 2 Shift leaders. After reading the role pack, and our store already struggling to fill both Picker and Driver gaps, why would i want the extra stress of doing both roles and half the managers role whilst taking a Pay Cut. The pay difference between a Driver and a Shift leader in my opinion is negligible and would only need 1 or two day overtime shifts as a driver to be on more than the Shift Leader.

Haven't had our 1 to 1s yet as our store don't know how many shift leader positions will be available (Currently 2/2) but with the pay protection that's on offer I might as well move over to driving on the same pay.

Buster99

Well I lost my job today as a driver team support, happened within a week, was infront of store manager Tuesday and by today Iv been told I haven't got the job anymore and I can go to been a driver, so going from £12.91 to £9.98 and take a limp sum for 18 months or have pay protected, not sure if they followed any process as I can't appeal or complain about to anyone, just said would catch up another time to go through the money side, basically paying me out of a job, we had 4 team leaders snd now they want 2, gonna be a hell of a lot of work for the 2 team leaders to run both sides of dotcom click and collect and manager jobs, wasn't sure if I wanted to do all that extra work for £2 less anyway so maybe a blessing and can have no stress now when they have sick calls and Iv got to sort it and cover the vans

Stubbo

If your job role has gone you are entitled to redundancy!!!

Suppord

Quote from: Justwaiting on 05-03-21, 06:28PM
They'd lose their hours then too? Or would it be classed as redundancy and then protected hours?

Nomansland

Quote from: Buster99 on 05-03-21, 06:23PM
Well I lost my job today as a driver team support, happened within a week, was infront of store manager Tuesday and by today Iv been told I haven't got the job anymore and I can go to been a driver, so going from £12.91 to £9.98 and take a limp sum for 18 months or have pay protected, not sure if they followed any process as I can't appeal or complain about to anyone, just said would catch up another time to go through the money side, basically paying me out of a job, we had 4 team leaders snd now they want 2, gonna be a hell of a lot of work for the 2 team leaders to run both sides of dotcom click and collect and manager jobs, wasn't sure if I wanted to do all that extra work for £2 less anyway so maybe a blessing and can have no stress now when they have sick calls and Iv got to sort it and cover the vans

Were you given the option of transferring to another store that had a team support (new shift leader) vacancy?

Stubbo

Quote from: Suppord on 05-03-21, 06:30PM
Quote from: Justwaiting on 05-03-21, 06:28PM
They'd lose their hours then too? Or would it be classed as redundancy and then protected hours?
Redundancy would end your employment.

Dooby27

This is shocking, as the get out clause is soft structure instead of redundancy. The cost saving should come from the lead team and not other roles and at the detriment of service.

TBanker

Has there been any word in regards to senior management and the roles they will
Now play?

Buster99

Were you given the option of transferring to another store that had a team support (new shift leader) vacancy?
[/quote]

No store manager said there wasn't anything available, he said there might be job on front end but even that wasn't an option in the end, I wouldn't have taken that anyway, Iv just asked him to look after me and give me some decent driving hours,

Rad

Quote from: TBanker on 05-03-21, 07:43PM
Has there been any word in regards to senior management and the roles they will
Now play?
Role will be same as before.  However some stores won't now qualify for a lead team.  Stores with 2 will swap roles annually like the team managers. Shift leaders and team managers will report to lead team.

Tossgo

Quote from: Buster99 on 05-03-21, 09:52PM

No store manager said there wasn't anything available, he said there might be job on front end but even that wasn't an option in the end, I wouldn't have taken that anyway, Iv just asked him to look after me and give me some decent driving hours,
[/quote]

I hope you asked for your scorecard.
When there are less "fulfilment" roles than your current picker/driver team support they HAVE TO had scored you using the scorecard they were sent down with there briefing pack. If they done it properly then that's fine, however we all know tossgo is face fits so whoever's in charge in your store probably just chose the 2 people they wanted for the jobs.

I would be asking too see what your score was on the sheet for starters

Goldielocks

Does anyone think the structure changes are only minor 

Redshoes

It's minor if it does not affect you. I'm sure the team support think it feels like the biggest structure change yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk