News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 12:44AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 311
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 291
Total: 292

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladPutin

Quote from: BarryZola on 16-05-21, 03:39PM
All in all a pretty pointless exercise again no doubt dreamed up by someone being paid a lot of money. A structure change which is not even a structure change. Brilliant work.

Almost as good as other recent classic structure changes such as...

Stock control: Let's pay hundreds of thousands or maybe even into 7 figures to make some of the most experienced and clued up employees in the company redundant. Do it on the pretence that lots of routines will be cut so the company won't need the staff any more. What happens? A couple of years later the amount of routines has increased and I see more stock control staff around. However, they're inexperienced, part-time and many don't really care if things get counted properly or not.

Bakery: Again, let's p**s hundred's of thousands of pounds up the wall to get rid of experienced bakers on the pretence of reducing the range and getting more stuff in pre-made etc. What happens? Yes, you've guessed it. A year on and I see no reduction in range and they've recruited more bakers to replace the ones who they got rid of.

I bet the absolute geniuses who dream these schemes up are still in a job and laughing all the way to the bank. This is Tesco.

Well, yes. Quite. The people who make 6 figures and above salaries wouldn't keep raking in the huge wages and bonuses if they turned round and said,

"Look, everything is working about as well as we can hope for. At the moment, it ain't broke so there's no point trying to fix it".

To justify their cushy billets, they have to keep, "improving" things. So they will come up with ideas that, at best, won't make the business any more efficient and at worst actually damages productivity. And the best part(from their perspective)is they will then be paid to fix the problems they caused in the first place! >:(

Anyone who believes crime doesn't pay hasn't worked at Tesco Head Office. [admin]Edited[/admin]

Rad

Yet thousands of them were made redundant when cheshunt closed.

VladPutin

Obviously not enough of them were made redundant. Because head office is still coming up with brilliant ideas like the new paper bags for Produce, which tear as soon as you put more than a couple of carrots in them. 8-)

Angel1234

Any other stores been told to lose hours on stock control? We all had a meeting and was basically told half of us need to move depts.

whatajoke2019

Haven't heard anything (as yet) in our store, but that doesn't surprise me.

Fined massively for Out of Code stock so let's take the axe to the very teams who date scan etc.

Someone's got to pay for the latest appointment and it sure won't be those at the top  ???.

NorthernJ

Quote from: Angel1234 on 17-05-21, 10:00PM
Any other stores been told to lose hours on stock control? We all had a meeting and was basically told half of us need to move depts.

We keep getting told there is no OT for stock control but no-ones mentioned about losing hours. I'm curious how many hours you've got allocated to Stock Control and how many people that is spread over to be required for people to move department.

For people 8/14 day date scanning and next day potential reductions we've got 90 hours spread over 5 people, and a further 83 hours spread over 3 other people for counts/gap scans/transfers and other routines not related to date scanning and reductions.

Angel1234

Grocery s/c theres 74 hrs between 3 of us. Were over by 26 hrs.  Non food theres 50 hours between 2 people and over by 22 hours.

kaled78

All our managers are in an ideal schedules re launch meeting,not sure if it effects just them or ga's as well,it was an absolute shambles when it was rolled out a few years ago

Safeway

Sorry if this is the wrong feed! But does anyone know what's happening to the store managers that are in metros, now that they're getting turned into expresses? Will they restructure to express format? And get rid of the one team manager they have? And make the work level 3 store manager a site manager??

Rad

A couple of years ago it was decided that roles in lower turnover metros would be moved to WL2 anyway so those jobs should be replaced by WL2 when the existing managers move on.

The busier metros, I presume would remain WL3 as the turnover requires it. In these stores I expect just to rebrand to express or move to large but keep the WL3 manager in either case.

Ibanker2

I am surprised that this topic in part looks at the detail of the potential changes and not the big picture. Metro stores were the test bed for reducing the number of Team Managers and introduction of shift leaders. They also were first to lose in store PM's and I think the move to filling stores on early and late with loss of nightshift.
Now we have Superstores that fill fresh from 5am and fill grocery till midnight they now have shift leaders and less Team Managers and less Lead Managers. So the question is have Superstores become Metros - I think the answer is yes. So some Metros moving to Superstores is no change. Metros going to Express format is completely different (ran much more like a discounter) if it is successful then small Superstores (you could call them Metros) could go same way.

NightAndDay

For Metros to be Metros and not superstores in the first place, the sales of the store had to be taken into account, the demotion/promotion of Metro stores to Express or Superstore without any other changes will result in the highest taking convenience stores in the group or the lowest taking superstores. Though as before they had a somewhat light version of superstore structure, it can't be replicated in Superstore because of increased sales and typically larger shop floor space.

There are other factors as well such as Metros typically being in city centres, but it is rightly viewed as to not take as much money as superstore and being less busy.

Fringegirl

I've been told today that there will be communication sent to the store managers regarding team support in superstores on Monday

Albert

Has anyone heard that Team Managers can step down to shift leader role on protected pay for 2 years or 18 month buyout?

trivi

Quote from: Fringegirl on 17-06-21, 05:10PM
I've been told today that there will be communication sent to the store managers regarding team support in superstores on Monday

Wasn't it only a few months ago superstore team support were restructured?

Morris999

Quote from: Albert on 20-06-21, 02:28PM
Has anyone heard that Team Managers can step down to shift leader role on protected pay for 2 years or 18 month buyout?

You could have done as part of the restructure, however it was a one off lump sum of around £5k.
I very much doubt that offer is still in the table now the restructure consultation period have ended.

Quote from: trivi on 20-06-21, 03:34PM
Quote from: Fringegirl on 17-06-21, 05:10PM

Wasn't it only a few months ago superstore team support were restructured?

Yes it was, so I'd be very surprised if there's anything tomorrow about them.

whatajoke2019

In terms of Service Team Support part of me wonders if any communication that comes down is likely to be tied in with the pay increase from September?

Looking at the grade table there's no mention of Team Support whatsoever on there.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the future, in our store. We have the right number of Managers in our store, so no Shift Leaders, but over the next few months they are building an Aldi/Lidl less than a mile away.

Can't help but feel, once that is in business, they'll make some changes.

YourMum69

Any news of anything happening today?

Fringegirl

I have a meeting tomorrow at 10am so I'll update then

trivi

Are you from a large superstore that's kept team support or a small superstore that removed them?

YourMum69

So I suppose nothing happened in regards to the team support last week if everyone stopped replying?

Fringegirl

Finally had my meeting today! I've been told I have to accept the change as it's in my contract. I now have 4 weeks to decide if I want to take the pay out or the pay protection. Also I have the choice if I want to do off till or be a cashier on my contracted shifts and I don't have to change my availability.

YourMum69

Thank you. I had no choice but to be off till activity 😡😡 and the job is identical!!

Fringegirl

If you haven't signed you should contest that, as all three of us in my store refused the change and now we have the choice. I've been told they can't force you to sign off till and you have to be given the choice.

YourMum69

No choice was given. Over hours as a store. Take it or leave it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk