News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 05:20PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,356
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 400
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Christmas 10% bonus?

Started by person7, 11-12-20, 02:59PM

Previous topic - Next topic

person7

Just saw on the news/media all tesco staff are getting 1% pay rise over Christmas until 9th January?

Is this true? Cause I've not been told or heard anything about it and it will effect how many hours I can work!

Not sure if I can post link to the sources here so you have to Google it to find it

dairyfresh

10% bonus over hours worked 13th dec to 9th jan paid in 1 lot in febs pay

Redone1

Plus what happen to the Christmas voucher booklet we normally get every year. Maybe I miss the brief. Are we not getting them this year due to the bonus?

Beanny

Correct. No voucher book this year >:D

You can opt out of the bonus
recognitionbonus2020@tesco.com

whatajoke2019

Yes, no voucher booklet this year, 10% bonus for any hours worked between 13th December and 9th January, plus 20% discount next week which doesn't come out of your annual £1,000 allowance.

helpme

And they're only paying this bonus to try and entice staff to work over Christmas!

Siwel123

Much prefer the bonus and discount then the book. The book had lots of restrictions, didn't have offers that suited everyone etc.

Whereas the bonus can be spent anywhere, it doesn't restrict staff to where they can spend their money etc. And the discount allows people to spend said money here if they want, on any goods they want etc

penguin

Quote from: helpme on 11-12-20, 10:59PM
And they're only paying this bonus to try and entice staff to work over Christmas!

Really fail to see the issue with that, most places including my current employer offer incentives to work over the Christmas period, or to work additional days or hours during said period.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Siwel123

Precisely, if you don't want to work during Xmas that's fine, but for people who want too, the bonus is a nice extra payment for the sacrifice

happyharry

I've been told that the Christmas bonus is for all the hard work done during the pandemic. One of my colleagues has had an accident and won't be able to work over the Xmas period, yet they've done so much overtime to help out during the last 8-9 months - so they won't get a penny. As we all have to take Xmas Day & New Years day off as holiday, there's another couple of days Tesco won't be paying bonus on - it all adds up. I notice that managers get the bonus on salary, not hours worked for that period, brilliant.
Also, why have the new holiday hours (instead of days) started now? Surely it makes sense to implement this in April, at the beginning of the holiday year - I and many others now have an odd number of hours left, meaning we won't get a full shifts pay for our very last day of holiday.

dotnochance

If it was a bonus for all the hard work it would have just been % of dec pay, because of my working days I’ll see no bonus or the vouchers so I got screwed, and yes I’ll be off Xmas and new year but it’s not my fault the days I work.

person7

Quote from: Redone1 on 11-12-20, 06:06PM
Plus what happen to the Christmas voucher booklet we normally get every year. Maybe I miss the brief. Are we not getting them this year due to the bonus?

We haven't had that since the pay increase 2019. When it was announced to £9 hour it was "sacrificed" (the booklets)

person7

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 11-12-20, 10:46PM
Yes, no voucher booklet this year, 10% bonus for any hours worked between 13th December and 9th January, plus 20% discount next week which doesn't come out of your annual £1,000 allowance.

Wait really?

Why does nobody ever tell me this stuff? So it's 20% instead of 15%?

notsofunny

Well its been plastered all over and even I got a letter to say so and I am retired ,, It starts from Tuesday till next Monday.

Welshie

We have signs up in store about it , it was put on team 5 and got an email . Also most colleagues are talking about it as 20% discount overlaps for one day with the 25% off wine and also the Baileys offer , maybe we're just all drunks in my store 😂

notsofunny

I am a Teetotaler  :P  ;) But  it would be nice to know which day the offers over lap ?

jack24

Does anyone know if it works with the clubcard plus ?
So theoretically you could get 30% off .
There is a free trial so I might just try it for that

whatajoke2019

Just a heads up re: the Baileys 'stunt' offer-Clubcard Prices actually seem to end the day before the date shown on an SEL.

Can't remember what I purchased the other week on the Tuesday Grocery promotion change was taking place but despite being shown on the SEL as finishing that night, it had expired.

grim up north

What happens then if half your shop is 'on offer' according to the label but you find it isn't at the till?

dotnochance

You have to give it to them

Mr Brightside 24

The clubcard prices end the day before the label says on all products. So basically they end on the midnight going into the end of offer date, while the normal offers still end on the actual date it says 🤷🏻‍â™,️

whatajoke2019

It came down on Comms today in regards to CC Prices and the wrong date showing on the SEL.

Preacherpauly

When is the 20% week start please

notsofunny

think its from 15th till the 21st ,,,

but just went to add something to my order and cant even see normal 10%  being taken off  ???

Anyone else having issues ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk