News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 04:38PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 292
Total: 297

Tills

Started by Nomad, 06-12-20, 10:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batmanjo

Quote from: Redshoes on 16-06-21, 08:05AM
From my own experience it's not common, we have had two in the last year. I would say that does not come under either common or rare. It's low when matched to volume of transactions. My point with contactless was that it's capped at 45.00.

It's related to both contactless and chip and pin so the £45.00 is irrelevant and from my experience it is a lot more than 2 a year probably at it's peak in Jan about 20 a day and like I said it could have ghosted up to 4 times in one transaction from what I've deal with FACT this 4 times was for approx £95.00 the Lady was some what distraught and this is in a superstore. Not sure how you would be keeping count 2 a year ? unless you have surveyed all that shop at your store  8-) 8-) 8-)  as there are still customers that have not been contacted or realised this has happened.

Nomad

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/jul/29/double-trouble-for-tesco-and-monzo-as-customers-pay-twice

QuoteI received a Monzo bank alert that I had just spent £11.30 in Tesco. I hadn't. However, this was an identical amount to what I had actually spent in Tesco two days before. Monzo told me there was an issue with Tesco double-charging its card users and I should get my money back in eight days. I will now only use Monzo for small purchases.
LMB

It's a problem that's been going on for at least two years.

2 YEARS(at least), scandalous  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Morris999

Let's be real here, the most likely situation with the customer is that they will only have been charged once, with the other amount pending authorisation.
The main issue is with the Banks themselves and the banking systems that are unfit for the 21st century, with the Banks refusing to update them because it will cost a few tens of billion of there annual hundreds of billion profit each year!
The Banks know full well they can pass the buck straight back to the Retailers knowing that the customers will believe every word they say.
The Banks care even less about us than the retailers do.
Know don't get me wrong Tesco and the other retailers have to shoulder some of the blame(whether that be poor systems, colleagues etc) but the overwhelming majority of blame lies with the Banks themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk