News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 02:16PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Diversity and Inclusion Training

Started by taliahad, 14-10-20, 03:27PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alf

Ol' tesco not having a good week on social media.

Though it's a reach to say tesco liked it, more that some poor sod from the social media team wasn't paying attention. 

But alas anything to cause a bit of ragebait

*edit* The comments are worth a read for a laugh, bunch of simpletons, no shock it's from the express.

VladPutin

Did mine a few weeks ago. I can honestly say I've never laughed more during my time at Tesco. :D ;D

penguin

While I know this topic is from last year I thought it apt to make a comment today as I left Tesco last Autumn but did complete this training prior to leaving, anyway the company I now work for sent us all a link to complete diversity training the other day, basically it was very similar to the Tesco version, the only big change was it said that however one identifies in times of sexuality and gender, we should keep in mind people change over time and should consider ourselves to be "fluid". It then rounded things off by saying anyone who struggled with the idea could be retrained if they so wish.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

gomezz

Well that is simply not true.  Many (most?) people are very certain of what they are and do not change so are definitely not "fluid".  Not that it should matter as long as everyone including those who are "fluid" are not treated any differently in the workplace or indeed anywhere other than in close personal relationships.

"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

forrestgimp

Quote from: taliahad on 31-10-20, 04:27PM
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1354316/tesco-twitter-social-media-outrage-rupert-lowe-brexit-party

I found this to be an interesting article.  Tesco apparently liked a tweet that said "I do not understand how people can actually claim to be 'proud' to be from Britain. What is their to be proud of?"

I would be wary of accepting on face value what Tesco 'Apparently' did or did not do. Its very easy to misrepresent people on the internet.

penguin

Quote from: gomezz on 24-05-21, 12:27AM
Well that is simply not true.  Many (most?) people are very certain of what they are and do not change so are definitely not "fluid".  Not that it should matter as long as everyone including those who are "fluid" are not treated any differently in the workplace or indeed anywhere other than in close personal relationships.

Completly agree, I just found it very strange that it popped up at the end of the training, cant help but wonder if it was some badly worded attempt to say to people who feel unable to come out right now, or maybe have not come out in the workplace yet that there is nothing stopping you doing so in the future.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

miriam

I would like to know when are people going to put their training in place as it's not practised in the store I resigned from.  I've resigned because of victimisation.

dirty-donkey

Getting the training, and having it implemented in-store are two completely unassociated things.
The training is done so as to protect the company, not to help the aggrieved. It is done, and said to have been done, end of.
The implementation actually needs some thought, empathy and intelligence, so breaths must not be held.
Sorry for your troubles miriam, hope you have gone on to bigger and better things.

miriam

I've got work Thanku
After more than 21yrs of service for Tesco to leave with a good luck
Shows I stayed far to long
All of you take care

lackofinterest

well done miriam. all the best in your new job and just make sure you never step inside a tesco ever again. i wouldn't anyway

miriam

Lackofinterest, I will never give Tesco any of my hard earned money again, other companies will be getting my hard earned money.  I've been badly effected I can't face going in.

[gmod]Welcome to the ever growing club of Tesco boycotters.[/gmod] 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk