News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:19PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 283
Total: 283

Tesco face masks

Started by cosmosmallpiece, 21-08-20, 01:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

Quote1. When store is closed
2. When working behind a protective Screen, eg. Checkouts
3. Back areas when 2m can be maintained

So Tesco Comms are still stating cashiers do not have to wear face masks if behind protective screen?

Does protective screen count as a face covering then? As Boris stated "all retail staff to wear face covering" ?

NightAndDay

As you can't wear a protective screen, I would wear a mask, to add the governments laws supercedes Tescos policies if they conflict.

dairyfresh

its in the goverment guidelines that you don't have to wear a face covering if behind a screen

NightAndDay

You are correct,

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/shops-and-branches

Under 6.1 Face coverings:

"If businesses have taken steps to create a physical barrier or screen between workers and members of the public then staff behind the barrier or screen will not be required to wear a face covering. Enforcement action can be taken if barriers and screens are in place which do not adequately mitigate risks."

taichi

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

Exemption cards
Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.

Access exemption card templates

For exemptions in different parts of the UK please refer to the specific guidance for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

gomezz

Quote from: barafear on 25-09-20, 11:23AM
Quote1. When store is closed
2. When working behind a protective Screen, eg. Checkouts
3. Back areas when 2m can be maintained

So Tesco Comms are still stating cashiers do not have to wear face masks if behind protective screen?

Does protective screen count as a face covering then? As Boris stated "all retail staff to wear face covering" ?

Given how face covering protection works seems quite reasonable.  Face coverings do not prevent virus load reaching the local airspace.  They do slow seepage of the virus load down so you don't take a breath of heavily saturated air.  Protective screens do that too.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Dory68

A few staff in the store I work at (Wales) have been asked to provide evidence from a gp if we are exempt. Having looked at government sites and the Surgery website, these stated  it isn't necessary.  Can anyone confirm on here ?

taichi

I suggest you politely ask for a written justification, of course signed by the person responsible for it(manager or whoever).
If they do not provide a legal basis for this decision, inform them that if they continue, you will make an official complaint to the appropriate authority.

Dory68

Sounds like good advice. Thankyou !

person7

I've not heard anything but Monday I saw over half the staff had plain dark navy masks. I asked on of the managers who had one and I was told we have them but I have to speak to my department manager as its max of 2 per employee so they need signing for.

No logos just plain navy blue... Far better then the paper ones!

I would use my own but the gothic and camo ones and Japanese fangs don't bold well with customers 😂 I scare them off!

SimonF12003

2 if you're part-time, 4 if you're full-time, thats what I was told by my mgr when I got mine

grim up north

I heard full time staff will be getting 4 washable masks

BUY TESLA STOCK

Tesco should provide a company branded mask it shows the customers they care about them and the staff. If people choose not to wear issued ppe without a valid exemption it is no longer a management issue. Customers complain about others not wearing mask and lanyards but do nothing about it other than some loud talking in store.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: grim up north on 08-10-20, 11:45AM
I heard full time staff will be getting 4 washable masks

All staff are receiving 2 washable face masks, they were started to of rolled them out from last friday, and some deliveries were delayed to stores, thats your yearly allowance :)

Katarn2000

On the packaging of the masks I saw it says good for 30 uses/washes or something like that. I wonder if Tesco will reissue a mask every 30 uses for staff lol nope.

lucgeo

Just wear your own, I wouldn't trust any recycled c**p that Tesco dish out as standard uniform/ protection.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

grim up north

I received my 4 navy blue washable masks yesterday

gomezz

I prefer to wear my Sparco helmet liner as a face covering but going for my flu jab soon and wondering if the clinic will be more fussy and insist on a "proper" mask.  I do have one the of disposable ones to hand but these company supplied washable ones sound like thye may suit for this purpose.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

NorthernJ

They come in a pack of 4, since I only do 3 shifts a week, in my contract, a manager took 1 out before handing it to me with their grubby hands over all of them so I think I'll wash them first. Didn't even think or look that I do 2-3 extra shifts of overtime a week either  8-).

btblackbird

We in super store were handed out 2 loose face masks for full timers working 5 nights, have friend in warehouse works 3 shifts got 5 masks, how many should we have received?

Tommo1961

States on our Tesco 4 each.  Ie. 1 pack each. It does not matter how many days or hours you work.  They shouldn’t be opening them and splitting.

btblackbird

Thank you, will ask for the rest..😁

notsofunny

In Express from what I have heard only a few have been given one ,, and I mean only one  :( 8-) , and thinking about it since no one is stopping anyone from coming in that does not have one on it seems Tesco don't care less , all the talk about caring for staff is just that Talk ,,,

NightAndDay

Express has always been vilified by the head office for some reason, despite making more than the superstore group, colleagues are treated worse and the work is harder, any cuts are always directed at convenience first then superstore  (I think professional cleaners are more important than the 5 layers+ of management at Superstore, get rid of store leads and have the team managers report directly to the SM, drinking coffee in the Costa/canteen with other Team leads for circa 45-60k a year is not only a job anyone can do, but the function is less important than what the £9 an hour cleaner does).

thepainter

Quote from: taichi on 21-08-20, 08:53PM
A few more months of using these masks and they will start producing coffins with the tesco logo.

It's OK they are now setting up a green and red light system. I told colleagues
a few months back that it won't be long before they have a system where
if you have not been vaccinated it will flash red and you will be refused entry.
this is a lot more incidious than what people are being lead to believe.
I was already refused entry to a greese chain for not having a mobile phone to
have it QR scanned. It's already in the amended 1984 public health act part 2
That you will be refused the ability to work and all your things can be confiscated
And taken to be disinfected or destroyed that covers your pets to. They have already
Stated in the amended act that people can be snatched and taken to a place of treatment
don't this sound all to familiar. Like say the Jews, blacks on busses, disabled people snatched and
chucked in asylums.

People can think what they want of this post but time will prove me right. I've
already been proved right on the introduction of the traffic lights.

[gmod=gomezz]Such strong claims really need some verification and a link to the source. Please can you add that please[/gmod]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk