News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 09:33AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 442
Total: 447

Pay review 2021

Started by Witch69, 21-07-20, 09:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morris999

5th September goes to £9.55 per hour
Night premiums going up too on same date
Think they go to £2.30 from £2.21
All on our Tesco

danielj

Just seen the team 5 communication, Informative as always  :D No mention of when it starts or how long it's over. Also no mention of changes to skill based pay.

Red75

2.15 or 2.7% for the year would be fine with me if it's paid earlier in the year, we used to get pay rises in July which seemed reasonable, and it does not involve any cuts in premiums or terms. If its paid halfway into the year or something is taken away, even if the something taken away doesn't affect you personally, it is gone on a hardcore basis and it isn't an acceptable rise to me especially in the context of the pay rises of recent years. Was there one payrise in the Dave Lewis era that didn't involve something being taken away? Lower rate night premiums in 2016, Sunday premium reduced in 2017, bonus gone in 2019.

danielj

All info is on colleague help now. No change in skill payments as far as I can see. Just a 25p increase in base rate ( plus night premium). Starts from September, no change to any other existing Sunday or BH pay.

fatboy

Well done Usdaw, negotiated a great deal for us there.....NOT  >:(

barafear

Underwhelming is an understatement.
2.68%!!

Inflation is expected to hit 3% or more in the next few months!!

No ambition to be a £10/hour supermarket payer?

This reminds me of listening to the Tesco Radio adverts all day - where customers can do a BIG shop - seems like our wonderful partnership between Usdaw and Tesco have come up with a big pay review!!!

barafear

reading the small print, I love the way they point out that "new starter rate" moves to 90% of established rate - even 90% of the new £9.55 is less than the NMW for any employee over 25 years old.

barafear

First "comment" on Ourtesco is all very positive, someone particularly happy that the night premium (having been frozen for a number of years) has been increased quite a bit.
That extra 9p will go a long way.

BarryZola

Ah well, looking forward to leaving in the next 12 months. Decided a while back that if this pay review was poor it would be the final kick up the a**e I needed to say goodbye to the company and put my efforts into something more worthwhile and rewarding for myself. Usdaw have been a disgrace as usual. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a more pathetic union in my life.

You can't do much with £9.55 an hour these days. Headline inflation may only be mentioned as being 2-3% but have you looked at prices for pretty much anything lately and how much they've increased? Cars, houses, commodities etc are all having increases of around 10% and more. Bye bye Tesco :)

penguin

Quote from: barafear on 07-06-21, 03:00PM
First "comment" on Ourtesco is all very positive, someone particularly happy that the night premium (having been frozen for a number of years) has been increased quite a bit.

First comment on anything on our tesco is always mega positive, would not surprise me if someone has the job of posting a really upbeat comment to try and influence other staff.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

a2z

Not sure if relevant in this thread, I am part time working 12.25 hours a week and receive 18 days holiday a year including bank holidays.
New vacancies in our store (17 of them) offer 20 days rising to 22 after 12 months plus bank holidays, this is for all the advertised job, some more hours than mine, some less.
Have I read adverts wrong?
Doesn't seem right not to offer same holiday entitlement to everyone.

[admin]Try this thread: https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16918.msg226360#msg226360 [/admin]

fatboy

Definitely not relevant in pay review 2021 thread

lordadmiral

Quote from: barafear on 07-06-21, 03:00PM

Well let be more specific. Whole night shift gives an extra £0.54. £10.8 for 20 days of work is good wage...... on Cuba. Last year their monthly minimum wage was something like $9 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

danielj

Quote from: Modena on 28-07-20, 12:24PM
So will they be looking after the drivers after they took away our market supplement and we are busier than ever?

No, just the 25p increase.

NightAndDay

Quote from: barafear on 07-06-21, 02:43PM
Underwhelming is an understatement.
2.68%!!

Inflation is expected to hit 3% or more in the next few months!!

No ambition to be a £10/hour supermarket payer?

This reminds me of listening to the Tesco Radio adverts all day - where customers can do a BIG shop - seems like our wonderful partnership between Usdaw and Tesco have come up with a big pay review!!!

The increase in the NLW was 19p, it seems Tesco's increase in pay somewhat mirrors the increase in the NLW. They will always only every pay a very small proportion of the NLW above the NLW.

millmore

Are we getting a bonus this month? If so when would it be due? I've asked people and left with blank stares.

Ursula21

It seems we are on this month's payday, the 25th. I'm in the same situation, nobody in my store has a clue!

Bawden2

Is everyone getting a pay rise or just those on £9.30? I work in pharmacy

anais

All the information is on our Tesco

BarryZola

"It makes our total reward package more competitive than ever before, while remaining simple, fair and sustainable for our business". (From the official statement on OurTesco)

Hmmm, pretty sure they used to pay more than some competitors who are now paying more than Tesco? The truth is that they see shop floor workers as replaceable fodder to be treated however they like and the easiest place to make savings and make their profits look better at the end of the financial year so that they can justify their own bonuses.

It will be interesting to see if management get more than 2.7% + their bonus that still exists, or more than 25p an hour. The company is a lost cause full of empty rhetoric of caring about its staff. They pay us so badly and work us so hard that they have to have numerous initiatives about sorting out our mental health and posters up all around the place about helping people with their money troubles. I'll laugh myself all the way to the bank if they ever lose this equal pay thing (and I'll have left way before that happens so the company won't be able to strip my real world pay and benefits any more. Screw them.

5fdp

How many times do you need to be told. Your bonus gets paid this month. I wish you would get it into your thick skulls. If you can't get that right there's a reason why your not worth £10 per hour.

[admin]No need to 'flame' other members.[/admin]

barafear

Unfortunately, if you're going to be rude to others on here, at least make sure you use the correct spelling/grammar:

If you can't get that right there's a reason why your not worth £10 per hour.

Obviously you meant "you're not worth £10 per hour".

Davethebave

FYI
Met managers get a blanket 2-2.75% raise based on what part of the pay scale for their role they currently sit at

Prince of Darkness

Yet another pay rise that shafts Team Support. We only get the rise on the GA hourly rate, not on the skills supplement. Slowly the differential is being eroded away.

NightAndDay

An SL equivalent at Sainsbury's gets paid £1,000 a year more 3 years ago than what SLs get now after this pay review including Sunday premiums. Nowadays I think Sainsbury's SL equivalent takes about £1.5-2k more a year than what Tesco pays their SLs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk