News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:18PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 278
Total: 285

Uniform

Started by Woody00, 15-11-19, 03:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmer

Is it a matter of store policy as to what you are actually able to order? On the Dimensions site I have thermals in my allocation but whenever I try to order them they are cancelled

notsofunny

Not all items are for every one , Somethings like the thermals would be for those that work in the cold chain , Back door or the car park , They need to be approved by the store first , so as such are company policy not store  and it does show up as needs to be approved when you place the order , , That said Nothing stopping you from asking your store head if you can have them

Welshie

Pfs also eligible for thermals

lucgeo

If it's deemed necessary for your job description, decided by head office...it should be available to order on your clothing allowance...the store should not be overriding your request, neither should dimensions be stating approval required!  The store is blocking it to keep uniform costs down! Question why it's being blocked, if deemed a uniform requirement.
While your at it, question when the freezer coats were last laundered? Supposed to be on a regular basis, I'm seriously hoping each staff member now has their own PPE for personal use issued during these highly contagious times ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

notsofunny

Stores from my understanding do not have the ability to alter what you can or can not have , so if the item says approval required for some items its due to head office setting that up , that is so the store can decide if someone on tills needs a winter coat freezer gloves and so on since they could also be working in other departments , as to PPE in Express  :-X even the so called masks some have been talking about with Tesco logo 6 stores I have been in have said never heard of them , 8-)

Jimmer

I'm a CDD and my dimensions page is set up as such. My thermal allocation is 8, 3 vests, 2 long johns and 3 socks, but all 3 items require authorisation. I have spoken to colleagues and when they have tried to order them and they have been cancelled to, someone also mentioned that they were only available to colleagues in Scotland. So with it being in my allocation is it deemed necessary by head office? I guess I'll have to have a word with my manager to see why my requests are being cancelled.

lucgeo

Get that reply in writing  8-)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

alaska25021

this is an old topic but i can’t work out how to post a new thread! i need to order new uniform (i was a christmas temp but being kept on) but when i try to log in it either says my details are incorrect or error 491 - this is the login on colleague help, the dimensions one, has anyone else ever had this issue? how can i fix ?? thank you !!

alaska25021

(2/2) ah my mistake i meant error 401! i use my @tesco.com login and i know the password is correct

Are you definitely set up on the Dimensions? If you're not whoever is your stores uniform orderer (usually wages clerk or admin colleague) has to set you up first.

alaska25021

ooh that makes sense thank you! i will have to try and find out who that is, i’m still very new (well, 3 months) so will have to try and work out who that is!
[mod]Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/mod]

whatajoke2019

I've seen on Yammer that some colleagues have had issues with ordering uniform-was something to do with their date of birth (I think, from memory) being on the system rather than their name.

whatajoke2019

New starters (for stores on HRAM) don't get an employee number for at least 10 days so they are set up with their date of birth as a stopgap which should then be amended once an employee number is available.

LiveMyLife

anyone know how long it takes from when you order?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk