News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:10PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 303
Total: 307

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beentheredoneit

Quote from: chris9997 on 21-08-19, 03:18AM
You are  not to just take goods reduced to clear 1 hour before close the right way I was told was items reduced 1 hour before closing the staff can have free of charge however all items must go through the till and the amount will be removed towards end of tran sactio
n
thats the process -  zeroed out with colleague clubcard. Still seems to be a few teething problems, but seems a lot more straightforward than shop. Main problem we are having is what to do Sundays when we find stock after closing - seems a grey area - and of course stacks of ISB
beentheredoneit

lordadmiral

Quote from: chris9997 on 21-08-19, 03:18AM
You are  not to just take goods reduced to clear 1 hour before close the right way I was told was items reduced 1 hour before closing the staff can have free of charge however all items must go through the till and the amount will be removed towards end of tran sactio
n
I know we meant to scan it at the tills but during week days nothing is reduced for staff. Every eveing all cabinets are empty, except sunday (one f**** day) when tills are closed. Our mgr told us to just take it.
Every other day, day staff is simply throwing food away without reducing it. Maybe they just do some reductions for themselves. Nights are not allowed to reduce the stock so we are getting nothing and we trully back to old way, BIN IT.

taliahad

I think Tesco will be in danger of having no staff at all if they come down too hard on people.  Reading through this thread reminded me that I made a honest mistake earlier today, we were so very busy and stressful , I forgot to do something that I should have done.  A good manager  would remind me of this mistake but understand the situation at the time and let the matter go because it really isn't very serious but unfortunately we have a bad manager, who prefers the culture of bullying and blame.  It's a shame really because at the end of the day, I get paid the same as everyone else, I get the same bonus as everyone else, which is nothing and my chances of promotion are not affected.  It will however affect my answer when he's desperate for overtime and he wants me to do some.  Here's hoping that we don't have the hub yet and he doesn't find out about it. 

forrestgimp

Quote from: Night Owl on 20-08-19, 11:35PM
Quality on our newly installed system is 4k. Fish  eye lens cameras high up in the rafters, every square inch of shop floor and warehouse is covered. They also have pinch & pull zoom on the display monitor, like on smart phones. Our store is a 26,000 sq foot super store and we have around 100 cameras. A local extra store has around 600 cameras. It has facial recognition to follow known shop lifters continuously during their visit. The systems capability is quite something. Ours took around 3 weeks to install and be operating correctly.

Have you personally seen this 4k ultra high def output or is it another he said she said scenario? Also where did you get the figures for 600 cameras in one store from because that to me smells of embellishment. I dont doubt you believe what you are being told but I would put money on it not being the case we were told the same thing before ours was put in and the system that supposedly cost in excess of 100k to install 18 months ago bears no resemblance that that at all, Now if you are also telling me that after 18 months Tesco will spend another 1/2 a million quid on the system you describe I would have to call BS on that one.

If you have access to the system take in a flash drive and download some innocuous content with any identifying marks stripped off..I dont know zooming into a shelf or something the other end of an aisle on the system you describe we should be able to see the particles of dust on the items on the shelf.

As for pinch and zoom, Why would Tesco pay for touch screen monitors if you lot are not going to be doing the monitoring because the hub is centralised our brand new monitors that came with the 100k system are worth about 50 quid each and not even wide screen.

Look I'm not totally disbelieving you but what you say you have is not we have and we are going to be on the hub in a couple of weeks.

Night Owl

Forest, I have personally been given a demonstration of the capability of our stores system by the SM. I don't have personal access to the system, the cabinet it is housed in is locked, only SM knows how to fully operate the system in our store.
As regards a local Extra store having nearly 600 cameras, it is  a 100,000 sq ft city center store  with one of the worst shrink records in our group,, due to the kind of area it is located in. The 600 cameras figure came from the team of installers who fitted the system in our store.

whatajoke2019

In terms of the Colleague Shop and finding stock I found this on the Help Centre:

In the event that a few items are found on today's date after 5pm, you will need to scan these in using the old Colleague Shop process and sticker these. As fridges are being removed these will need to be put into a tray in the chiller and a note placed in the duty book to remind the team to clear this down.

This should happen by exception and the numbers of items scanned using this method will be centrally monitored. Duty managers need to feed this back to department managers if excessive product is found, and colleagues will need mentoring and training to improve compliance to the potential reductions routine. It is important these items are not just over stickered with a manual reduction label when found post 5pm and put back into reduction cabinets as they will not scan through the till as Colleague Shop.

merchandiser4u

Technology has been around for ages know a few companies who used this since 2015 and its not too expensive just installation part costs the most and data servers for large camera system.

To give you an idea on zoom this is usually the camera make many business's use

https://youtu.be/vIYq-KSfqHg

https://youtu.be/ThOWcR5R6RU

:D

forrestgimp

2 Random youtube videos of a camera test and you want us to believe that its the same technology Tesco are using? My cameras are nothing like those.

beentheredoneit

Quote from: forrestgimp on 23-08-19, 06:05AM
2 Random youtube videos of a camera test and you want us to believe that its the same technology Tesco are using? My cameras are nothing like those.
The hub is being rolled out, so you either have or don't have the new system ....
beentheredoneit

lucgeo

Good job I took redundancy then, otherwise I'd never be out of investigation meetings, for talking ( whilst working, but apparently this is not allowed anymore ) for going in and out of the store, ( my job meant frequent trips to PFS and I took my breaks in my car) for stashing reduced stuff in the back ( on the same shelf as the managers ) for taking more coffee breaks, ( to thaw out from working in freezing conditions in the warehouse) etc...etc...obviously they would overlook the fact that my work was always done, to higher standards than some, my work ethics and going the extra mile for a customer would not be on their tick list, and the only end result they would want, was they got rid of another long serving, old contract employee, who was a constant pain in the arse for sticking up for their colleagues and knowing more than some new managers  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 23-08-19, 07:36AM
Quote from: forrestgimp on 23-08-19, 06:05AM
The hub is being rolled out, so you either have or don't have the new system ....

We get it soon so we shall see wont we.

Whistleblower

the rules for CCTV coverage ,  CCTV signs have to be displayed prominently with an email address of the company watching the footage for any queries and to let the general public know they are being filmed, all staff should be told where all the cameras are, and also told the reasons why cctv is being used , if you been spotted doing something wrong on camera but its not one of the reasons why they are using them that can cause a grey area, google ico {information commissioners office} that will give more info on the  use of cctv coverage in the workplace,

Sandy

Our store getting more cameras put in they were installing some today on the bws. Are the cameras to watch for shoplifting now the store detectives have gone or to spy on staff ?

Whistleblower

next time you go into work find out who is the data controller and ask them what the cameras are used for, you should know who it is because they should have told all staff in your store where all the cameras are and the purpose  of surveillance already, maybe they missed you out,big brother is watching 

lordadmiral

Quote from: merchandiser4u on 22-08-19, 09:58PM
Technology has been around for ages know a few companies who used this since 2015 and its not too expensive just installation part costs the most and data servers for large camera system.

Ok, i seen prices of those Tesco cameras.£ 300 per piece as workers left papers on tills so i had a look at them. Those cams on YouTube cost more way more.  I seen boxes and i can say its not the best equipment on the market.
If someone is having them fitted now just look what brand it was and check online, and post it here as i do not remember.

merchandiser4u

Quote from: lordadmiral on 24-08-19, 10:29AM

Ok, i seen prices of those Tesco cameras.£ 300 per piece as workers left papers on tills so i had a look at them. Those cams on YouTube cost more way more.  I seen boxes and i can say its not the best equipment on the market.
If someone is having them fitted now just look what brand it was and check online, and post it here as i do not remember.

Surely they say the make and model on the receipt also £300 per camera wow that is a serious amount of money per camera especially if bought in bulk. They will definitely be 4k with optical zoom.

To give you an example I went to hikvision in 2015 (one of the leading brands for commercial use and often rebranded) 1080p native camera for house security. The image is pin sharp even with pinch to zoom and I use Milestone Xprotect on the software side. The cameras were £70 each and have been in use for 4 years solid and not had one crash amazing quality if you are after peace of mind for home security.

Anyway here's a small tip which works with the dome cameras (despite they are dark in colour) if you stand directly below them you can just about see which direction the camera is pointing and what area its covering 😀

lfcni1986

Quote from: lucgeo on 23-08-19, 08:30AM
Good job I took redundancy then, otherwise I'd never be out of investigation meetings, for talking ( whilst working, but apparently this is not allowed anymore ) for going in and out of the store, ( my job meant frequent trips to PFS and I took my breaks in my car) for stashing reduced stuff in the back ( on the same shelf as the managers ) for taking more coffee breaks, ( to thaw out from working in freezing conditions in the warehouse) etc...etc...obviously they would overlook the fact that my work was always done, to higher standards than some, my work ethics and going the extra mile for a customer would not be on their tick list, and the only end result they would want, was they got rid of another long serving, old contract employee, who was a constant pain in the arse for sticking up for their colleagues and knowing more than some new managers  :-X
;D ;D If I took redundency from this company there would be no chance of me coming back to frequent a board linked to it, trying to come across as some all knowing Oracle. There's more to life than Tesco, start enjoying life.

NightAndDay

You have no idea how entertaining it is watching USDAW and Tesco gradually worsen your working conditions, diminish your dignity and human rights and watch you all put up with it and not fight the power but submit willingly.

slugz123

Quote from: forrestgimp on 21-08-19, 06:44PM
Quote from: Night Owl on 20-08-19, 11:35PM
Quality on our newly installed system is 4k. Fish  eye lens cameras high up in the rafters, every square inch of shop floor and warehouse is covered. They also have pinch & pull zoom on the display monitor, like on smart phones. Our store is a 26,000 sq foot super store and we have around 100 cameras. A local extra store has around 600 cameras. It has facial recognition to follow known shop lifters continuously during their visit. The systems capability is quite something. Ours took around 3 weeks to install and be operating correctly.

Have you personally seen this 4k ultra high def output or is it another he said she said scenario? Also where did you get the figures for 600 cameras in one store from because that to me smells of embellishment. I dont doubt you believe what you are being told but I would put money on it not being the case we were told the same thing before ours was put in and the system that supposedly cost in excess of 100k to install 18 months ago bears no resemblance that that at all, Now if you are also telling me that after 18 months Tesco will spend another 1/2 a million quid on the system you describe I would have to call BS on that one.

If you have access to the system take in a flash drive and download some innocuous content with any identifying marks stripped off..I dont know zooming into a shelf or something the other end of an aisle on the system you describe we should be able to see the particles of dust on the items on the shelf.

As for pinch and zoom, Why would Tesco pay for touch screen monitors if you lot are not going to be doing the monitoring because the hub is centralised our brand new monitors that came with the 100k system are worth about 50 quid each and not even wide screen.

Look I'm not totally disbelieving you but what you say you have is not we have and we are going to be on the hub in a couple of weeks.

Forest I can absolutely assure you these cameras are 4k and images can be digitally manipulated to read content on your phone they are that good.They are always on and always recording.All footage can go back at least 8 weeks with own personal experience.

Whistleblower

Quote from: NightAndDay on 24-08-19, 11:24PM
You have no idea how entertaining it is watching USDAW and Tesco gradually worsen your working conditions, diminish your dignity and human rights and watch you all put up with it and not fight the power but submit willingly.

I tell you 1 thing ,I ain t submitted willingly , having worked for tesco s a certain amount of years  and shown loyalty which sadly for most of us not been reciprocated , my forum name is whistleblower for a reason

Night Owl

Our system is HIK Vision.
This is a link to there capability. Very much like our newly installed system.
https://youtu.be/jGgqiarHKWo

lucgeo

Quote from: lfcni1986 on 24-08-19, 09:27PM
Quote from: lucgeo on 23-08-19, 08:30AM
;D ;D If I took redundency from this company there would be no chance of me coming back to frequent a board linked to it, trying to come across as some all knowing Oracle. There's more to life than Tesco, start enjoying life.

I do apologise...I see you are a new member, I hope you're not a new Tesco employee also, but if you are, I sincerely hope you know everything you need to know to cover every situation you may encounter in the future...as you seem to be of the belief that anyone with an ounce of knowledge or years of experience in most Tesco can, and do, throw at their employees, should be classed as a redundant "know nothing" pertaining to be a "know all".

I have been a member of this site for a number of years, and still have ex colleagues who contact "THIS ORACLE" for advice or information regarding new Tesco initiatives and policies, and I refer to this site for help and guidance from other posters, many of whom are more experienced and knowledgeable than I, ( you'd probably refer to them as "thinking they're God")

So best of luck mate...just remember there's no I in team, as as far as any of your work colleagues feeling the need to help you out in the future.....there's no F in point, as you know it all already.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

Quote from: merchandiser4u on 24-08-19, 07:00PM
Quote from: lordadmiral on 24-08-19, 10:29AM

Surely they say the make and model on the receipt also £300 per camera wow that is a serious amount of money per camera especially if bought in bulk. They will definitely be 4k with optical zoom.

To give you an example I went to hikvision in 2015 (one of the leading brands for commercial use and often rebranded) 1080p native camera for house security. The image is pin sharp even with pinch to zoom and I use Milestone Xprotect on the software side. The cameras were £70 each and have been in use for 4 years solid and not had one crash amazing quality if you are after peace of mind for home security.

Anyway here's a small tip which works with the dome cameras (despite they are dark in colour) if you stand directly below them you can just about see which direction the camera is pointing and what area its covering 😀

Well i simply forgot name of it as it was hile a go and i didnt pay much attention. Neverless the £300 price show that those cameras are only at best mid range products, maybe 8x zoom at most.
I have reolink cctv NVR with 2 wireless(1080p, 4x zoom) cams and it cost me little bit over £300 few year ago. So tesco doesnt have anything high end in da house especially if you lok at prices of 4k-32x zoom cams, £1k even £2k .....

checkoutmonkey

Remember though that Tesco is buying shed loads of these cameras, they will not be paying anywhere close to the RRP per unit, so just because they paid £300 each, doesn't mean that any of us could go and get the same camera for the same money

johnnybravo

Hi all.
I post this for my mate. He's been working at one of the shops for a few years now and he was always happy there and being in good relationship with the managers which seem to appreciate his hard work.
However, now he had a letter saying that he needs to be investigated for something that he's not sure what it is? The letter says : hub investigation- failure to verify a signature? He asked his line manager what is this but he didn't want to give any details until the hearing next week. Now my mate is stressing he can lose his job. Do you know what is this allegation as he doesn't remember doing anything wrong? Can he lose his job?
This is sad as he always took pride in his job and tried to do it as best as he could while other colleagues are out on fags or coffees all the time and no one from the management seemed to bother telling them. Now he's stressed and feels watched all the time at work.
Please advise us if u can.
Thanks,

Jonny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk