Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:07AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 279
Total: 283

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barafear

Surprised with the "delayed reaction" to this news - excepting newish starters of course.
We all knew this was coming (i.e. most of us wouldn't get any sort of payout) when the record breaking 10.5% pay increase was announced in a big fanfare!!

Rather than quoting 97% of workers will be "better off" - might be more enlightening to know what percentage will be 10.5% better off, or even 8% or 6% or 4%.

Anyone that works Sundays/BHs and where that % of hours is anywhere between about 25-40% of their total hours will fall into the "better off by less than 4%" - even the ones that are worse off will be getting a "much reduced" payout due to Tesco's method of calculation.

notsofunny

Quote from: K2S0 on 29-05-18, 12:29PM
I'm definitely on time and 1/2 and not 1/4  ??? Very strange
Quote from: Noan on 29-05-18, 12:47PM
You will be on time and 1/2 at the moment as time and 1/4 does not come into effect until July

I stand corrected :-[ you are both correct My 2 friends had been told that they will be getting time and a !/4 but they have had a look at the pay slip and it seems they are getting time and 1/2 so it would seem they will also be in the same situation as you which they did not expect to be in  :(,

yelsel

Emailed union . Trying to get a straight answer off them is like banging your head against a brick wall >:D . The way it is worked out I will be getting less than half the amount extra in my 4 weekly wage than someone who doesn't work a Sun on same hrs as me. Can't see how they can justify not giving a transition payment . At least it would take some of the sting out of this. I am a small amount better of than in 16/17 but nowhere near as much as someone who doesn't work a Sun.  Time to leave the union .

Hammer10

Nearly time to lower my working pace on Sunday's to time and a quarter you put in what you get out of it not a lot in tescos.Used to love getting double time would not mind going a bit further for the company but they have had that now ,especially as not getting any payout how can it be that calculation are done differently this year than last year . >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

cosmosmallpiece

Hammer 10 I feel the same over 20 years under my belt and I would go that extra mile befor but not now. How do you know your not getting any payout? I did not think the letters had gone out yet .

Hammer10

Just by what people are saying on here .

JL

Rising costs and a pay decrease for the lowest paid workers. Less money less pace.

barafear

How was the calculation made when moving from double to 1.5?

Clearly, there wasn't a "10.5% pay award" to offset any loss - so that might have been the only difference?

Or did ALL double time staff receive a cushion payment?

forrestgimp

Quote from: strebor on 29-05-18, 06:27PM
Charlie Harper
If that is how pay out is calculated I won't get a pay out disgusted with them after the pay rise which they keep bragging about I will be about £3 a week better off . It is so unfair the lucky ones who work days Mon- Sat have had a nice pay rise I bet they are more than £3 a week better off .when the got rid of np1 it was worked  out from the year I worked days went on days for about 6 months then back to nights I'd been back on nights for over a year but the wrong year apparently didn't get a penny in pay out so sick of constantly losing money every time we get a so called pay rise  :'(

I sympathise with you, This is the second pay rise someone has lost money to accommodate me getting a rise, I will be making my feelings known when we have the pay review meeting just as I did when my colleague was losing money for nothing other than working the twighlight shift.

It stinks, we know and it they know it but there is nothing other than voicing our displeasure that we as GAs can do. As you say the Union seems weak to the point of being ineffectual it would be nice to know what they were doing while rubber stamping this at the national forum pay review, Which only members of the union can be a part of by the way.

But yea if the only way for us to get a pay rise is to stiff our colleagues then I dont want one.

lordadmiral

It looks like sometime from 2020 we might loose remaining premiums so tesco could pay 9 pound per hour .

forrestgimp

We have all said the same from the time it was announced and they started to take away the night shifts extra money.

JL

They are not saving money in all stores where the night shift went. It was short sighted in a few. Some are spending more money as assistants are distracted helping customers and have to take more care. 

Equalizer87

It was a very short sighted descision, but don't worry it will come round to hit them the face. Problem is, the rank and file will suffer even more for another bad descision.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Shafted

Has anyone had a letter yet informing them they are an affected colleague?

Spongbob

Disgusting every little helps my arse time to slow down and loosening momentum

bugsbunny

Totally agree with you Hammer 10. Do they really expect us to work as hard for time and a quarter  as we did for double time? over 20 years I have worked for this company and my pay rise is £1.20 a week pathetic. I will definetly be on a permanent go slow now

JL

The TMs are not in support of the loss of premiums constantly pressuring people to do more for less money. Meanwhile Dave Lewis is creaming 5 million a year a nice pay rise from last year. Other than the few FT staff left the t&cs are no better than a Victorian workhouse. The SM announces more staff are coming but how many will stay.  You'd be better off working on the side and claiming all the government subs.

notsofunny

We are going to have to get used to cuts in Premiums as it stands , No Unions, go slow or threats to boycot Sunday work , night work is going to stop it, and calls to shop in another other store or telling family and friends not to shop in tesco  8-) ,  Its about Survival , we just have to look at the last few weeks to see how many Companys in retail are clossing store or are on the brink of bankruptcy   , think it was pounland in the news yesterday , mothercare , marks ,toys r us , matlins  , House of fraser today :(

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/11/tough-year-high-street-internet-shopping-weak-pound ,

bugsbunny

Does anyone know when we would hear if we are getting a pay out?

flowerpower

This month but don't know what date

Hammer10

If we get a payout, and it's a big if, it's  the 27th July pay day.

flowerpower

Very big IF.

I know a few people who are expecting a big pay out.

JL

Do not expect anything from this mob you will only disappoint yourself

NoIDontWorkHere

Working out the difference from a month on time and a half now to time and a quarter the bonus for me would've been around £700, but because I'm 20 pence yes TWENTY PENCE better off a week now because of this 'amazing pay rise' I'm getting absolutely nothing.

Expect nothing, Tesco will only shatter any expectations you had and give you nothing. Laughable really.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk