Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 09:35PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 921
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

What happens if someone fails a test purchase??

Started by ProdavnicaTajni, 13-04-24, 11:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProdavnicaTajni

A group of us were on self-service yesterday and one of the team leaders came over to inform us that one of us had just failed a test purchase. They were trying to figure out who it was because the test purchaser didn't remember the exact time he had purchased the items (I think they were still trawling through all the CCTV footage trying to find it when I left).
I don't think it was me because I always check for IDs but I'm a little worried/paranoid about it lol
Any stories? Anyone here failed one?

JJH

Generally once colleague is identified then an investigation will take place.

If the colleague is found to be at fault with no mitigating circumstances then they're looking at a final written warning.

Denbis

In our store colleagues that have failed have had "lets talks".

gomezz

How can the test purchaser not remember the time (and checkout).  Presumably a pretty basic requirement for their job?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

oldfashionedplayer

If you go to the ourtesco/help and add in test purchase in the search, you can see the process they'll follow and questions likely to be asked etc, that may help prepare you or anyone else, if you are a witness perhaps too

JJH

Quote from: gomezz on 13-04-24, 05:53PMHow can the test purchaser not remember the time (and checkout).  Presumably a pretty basic requirement for their job?
I did wonder this, every test purchase generates a report with this kind of detail

FarmerFred

Surely they would have obtained a receipt as part of the evidence. That said, I have noticed that quite a few stores have failed test purchases recently.

HalloweenJack

Week 7  front end news has said an increase in stores failing check 25 on vapes. So assume stores will get alot more check 25`s. In addition Allwyn will be checking the process for both check 25 and healthy play on lottery. As an external check likely dismissal might follow for failing those.

Attilla

Whose they?  In "they were trawling through". Not just any Tom dick and Harry can look at the video tape only the designated person

penguin

Test purchasers are meant to obtain a receipt, the details on the receipt form part of either the report serve legal issue back to the company for an internal test purchase, or are used as evidence should it be a police or trading standards test purchase. In terms of what will happen it will most likely be a final warning, anything less and whoever failed should count themselves lucky.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Jacks

Go into Tesco Help, all the info is there for colleagues to see. It states on a flowchart that Store manager is to investigate failed Think 25 and the investigation should be completed in 14 days. The guidance for managers was updated Feb'23 even though the front cover states 2022.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk