News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:20PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithers

No they are right. You can go May 2 or Aug 22 but if you stay to Aug 22 you will be doing a different job in the store wherever they fit you and got to stay till 22nd to get redundancy.

Gymbunny

Quote from: Oldman on 04-04-20, 02:59PM
VLH calculator says monies in excess of 30,000 will be liable for tax is that anything over the 30,000 or the whole amount say 30,500

You are just taxed on the  £500.

Baker4life

Does anyone know how many weeks in notice Tesco will pay if the amount of time between your first meeting and the day you leave is 4 weeks? I read on government site that you can get 12 weeks notice max.

kateluff

Quote from: Baker4life on 04-04-20, 04:51PM
Does anyone know how many weeks in notice Tesco will pay if the amount of time between your first meeting and the day you leave is 4 weeks? I read on government site that you can get 12 weeks notice max.
The statutory redundancy notice periods are:

at least one week’s notice if employed between one month and 2 years
one week’s notice for each year if employed between 2 and 12 years
12 weeks’ notice if employed for 12 years or more
Check your contract. Your employer may give you more than the statutory minimum, but they cannot give you less.

barney.mcgrew

Quote from: Gymbunny on 04-04-20, 03:20PM
Quote from: Oldman on 04-04-20, 02:59PM
VLH calculator says monies in excess of 30,000 will be liable for tax is that anything over the 30,000 or the whole amount say 30,500

You are just taxed on the  £500.

You will be taxed/NI on any payment for your notice period (PILON) and any holidays not taken.  If your Compulsory redundancy and service element are tax-free so long as they are under £30k.  Should they go over £30k they will also be taxed/NI.

cheesy cob

Quote from: Mennsa on 03-04-20, 06:03PM
Basically its losing 2 hours a week and night premiums.
No job match take the money and run

Samuel137

So I got a phone call yesterday saying my hours cannot be matched.
They then offered me an 18 hour a week contract with 2 years protected pay which is half of my full time hours which I refused. Should be having a meeting next week sometime but redundancy may have to be an option.

kateluff

I was offered exactly the same as you, then got a letter saying I'm at risk and now have a meeting next week.  Your letter should follow, or phone consultation if your off.

Samuel137

Thanks, I'll look out for the letter and update what's actually happening if I ever have the meeting.
Not sure how other stores have been but this is literally the first thing my store has given in regards to information since it was announced in the news.
I don't even know if the bakery is going fully part part or half scratch.

kateluff

our bakery is going to white scratch ,and your manager will know what your bakery is ,they have known for weeks

Samuel137

Yeah I have no doubt that they have the info, the reason why they have refused to share I don't know.

Hammer10

Ours don’t know unless he is lying.

kateluff

so they have the heat map , matched people to jobs or put them at risk , consultations start tomorrow and your manager doesn't know what kind of bakery it is ,strange my daughters a manager and she told me every store got told at the end of feb , their lying

BakerBum

Quote from: Hammer10 on 05-04-20, 04:20PM
Ours don’t know unless he is lying.

i thin at this stage if your manager doesn't know.. he never will lol ... everyone has known for 5 weeks+.. that was the first announcement .. what type of bakery your gonna be

Mrbline

There is soft management structure change coming back

Wirey2020

Apparently there is nothing too impactful in it!!

lucgeo

Depends if you're the inpactee :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

boris82

Never used this site but need a bit of advice please previously worked for the company but was made redundant last sept 26/9/19 we were told at the time could start working back in tesco in 6 months time  I re applied towards end of march and re started on the 30/3/20 now for me that's over 6 months 26 weeks I've just been advised my my new manager that I'm being investigated for breaking redundancy protocols  I'm really concerned i have taken p45 back to new store stating when i left company old store and it's over 6 months old store manager and union have said you are free to re start as long as its after 26 weeks which it  is and I even stated on my application I left company 26/9/19  can anyone advise to what could be poss outcome of this as my manager has said try not to worry even tho easier said than done

lucgeo

Basically your new manager doesn't know what he's talking about....probably why he's now telling you not to worry...saving face rather than admit he's got it wrong. The HR dept would never have offered you the job if you weren't outside the 6 month rimeframe...they deal with these things on a daily basis. :thumbup:

lucgeo

Further to the above...if anyone was being investigated it would be the HR dept, if it was against redundancy protocols.
If your manager has told you your being investigated, was this by way of word of mouth or letter? Somewhat unprofessional of him if by word of mouth :-X

boris82

Ty for reply he said hes been asked to investigate it from admin or whoever's which is confusing so can you confirm what I've been told 26weeks from leaving to start date is correct  like I said union has told me that and old store manager my old manager said if there was a issue it should have flagged straight away not 2 months into employment

boris82

The union rep who I spoke to said same thing about investigation and he said bring it on ahh I dont know what to think to be honest my manager said he had a shock when he was told and would argue my case but I dont see that I have a case to answer

Mrbline

Quote from: Wirey2020 on 27-05-20, 10:25AM
Apparently there is nothing too impactful in it!!

That's what I heard last night but awaiting more information

baker86

Currently been one of the bakers that opted for redundacy, looked at my pay slip and have noticed I haven’t been paid any basic pay is this correct

baker86

Basic pay for last month was up to and including 02 May 2020 which was the end date for colleagues taking redundancy in my store, so if that's your end date your pay is correct.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk