News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-05-24, 06:01PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 5,907
  • Latest: Old man
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,566
  • Total Topics: 647
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

Physical attacks/threats on staff.

Started by fatty, 04-11-07, 03:17AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki

Quote from: Jakabok on 10-11-14, 12:27PM
I'm insulted every time I refuse an age restricted sale, or questioned on my ability as a duty manager. Doesn't help that I'm young so I rarely get taken seriously.

I wouldn't take it personally, most managers are not taken seriously.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Nomad

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Armed-robbers-cash-wallet-employee-s-car-Tesco/story-24588994-detail/story.html

QuoteSupermarket staff are safe but "shaken" following an armed robbery at a Tesco Express in Old Basford.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Happy Hitman

I just hope all of these are reported on incident reporting, no matter how insignificant you may feel. The company need to know what is going on in our stores and that is the best tool the security dept need to beg for more money. It is a sad reflection on society that we need to have security officers in stores, but hey there you go.

JimmySaville

Express stores are way more vulnerable than superstores yet get zero security. Report, even possible theifs you see in store. Spam the hell out of incident reporting each night, at least we have backup when they say "nothing is wrong with your town"

VladPutin

Armed Police were called to a Tesco store in Bathgate on Thursday night. The store was evacuated a man was arrested, taken to hospital and charged with Possession of an Offensive Weapon.

gomezz

"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

VladPutin

Anyone caught with one of those should be shot on sight! >:(

fatty

After many years of being away it saddens me that nothing has changed.I honestly think that only high profile deaths will change the thinking of employers and the public.
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

JimmySaville

an Express store near to me had its team leader assaulted yet again not so long ago. Tesco response, no security needed.

The town this express is in is notorious for gangs and a drug culture thats the "capital of its county" and a seaside town.

penguin

And when you think it can get no worse JS you get clowns like our SM who's response to a member of staff being assaulted by having eggs thrown at them after refusing to serve someone due to no id for wine last year was that the staff victim should have used mmm to make the person happy and then it would not have happened. A complete and utter tw*t of a manager who clearly cares not for his workers.

I'm just glad that when some moron decided to punch me three times and while I was on the floor threatened to come back to store and "blow me off the face of the earth" a few years ago becuase we had run out of the lucazade he wanted we had a decent boss who let me take the next day off with no loss of pay as I was shaken up after the attack.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Yorkshire dave

A WHOLE day off?? U serious? I would be off a lot longer let me tell you. And I wouldn need managers permission

VladPutin

A Controlled Explosion was carried out at a Tesco store in Colchester after a threatening 'phone call. Police state it was a hoax, but they couldn't take the chance.

penguin

Sorry Yorkshire Dave I should have made clear I only asked for the next day off after getting attacked in store, I thought a day at home relaxing with the other half and I'd be fine in hinesight I should have taken a bit more time to get myself totally right again but its easy to be wise after the event.

Nomad

Tesco staff had to 'run for their lives' after homeless man hurled bottles of booze at them

QuoteMrs Harper said he then picked up bottles which he began throwing at full force towards members of staff in what was said to be a random, unprovoked attack.

Glad no serious injuries caused, there could so easily have been a fatality.  Perhaps he should be charged with attempted murder.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

tumshie

He could probably have achieved his aim just by threatening staff, without hurling bottles.
Someone who thinks that sort of action is justifiable for any reason needs to be kept away from the public for a long time.

talesin

Quote from: scammster on 21-12-07, 09:43PM
one of the drivers at our store was kept in a customers house while they complained via telephone about there shopping not being in carrier bags he told whoever it was he phoned that he was'nt going to let the driver go until the matter was delt with.. :o
even after driver complained to manager about the way the customer treated him we are still expected to deliver to him !!! :(

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

I would like to point out that this is kidnap.  The driver in question should have pressed charges against the customer and sod Tesco.  You have to remember that a crime against your person is not less of one because it happened when you are at work.  You have the right to press charges for kidnap, ABH, GBH, any form of assault including fear of assault and verbal assault.  Tesco are irrelevant in this.  We would like our employer to support us but it is not necessary, if they will not press charges then do it yourself, this is totally unacceptable.

VladPutin

It's a serious crime, but I think it would be classified as False Imprisonment rather than Kidnap, since the victim was not taken by force from one location to another. Also it is my understanding that, at least in Scotland, a member of the public reports a crime to the police, who then decide whether or not to charge the person. The final decision on whether charges lead to prosecution rests with the Procurator Fiscal in Scotland or the CPS in England and Wales.

However, that is semantics. The so-called customer should have been reported to the police immediately. As you so accurately said, sod Tesco if they don't like it.

Nomad

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/machete-wielding-robber-steals-cash-tesco-9534178

QuoteA masked robber armed with a machete threatened staff at Tesco Express in Norden before stealing cash.

could have been very nasty.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

penguin

This weekend a staff memeber in an express store I used to work in had a can of energy drink poured all over him by an irate drunk who was unhappy the energy drink was not chilled (fridge breakdown apparently) he has not been barred from the shop in question as according to the manager said drunk is loaded and usually spends lots of money in there. Yet another store manager with no backbone, one suspects he will go far. This has to at the least be considered abuse of staff and should not under any circumstances be tolerated in any shop at all.

Nomad

I do believe it constitutes an assault and can be reported to the police as such.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

optout

this is assault and should be reported to the police.

i am surprised the individual is not off work recovering from the stress and indignity of this managerially condoned assualt. >:(
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nomad

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/tesco-staff-were-threatened-guns-9683685

Tesco staff were threatened with guns during a late-night robbery last night.

Thankfully no one seriously physically hurt, but other symptoms may take time to 'come out'.

QuotePolice spent the weekend speaking with the store and staff

Wonder what the store had to say, or was it a one way conversation  :-X
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Ironman78

The one thing I extremely hate is reduction time when all the customers decide to bundle on the staff trying to get the reductions onto the shelf. Poor members of staff get whacked in the face pushed and shoved to one side etc as soon as they try to escape a customer lodges a complaint they've been "Assaulted" and the staff get investigated!  >:( its all about making the customers shopping trip better, staff aren't viewed as important or human beings. Its pointless putting in an incident report for staff, the company doesn't care :'(

Twinkeltoes1

Take all reduced items off shelf and do reductions out the back, piece and quiet and then put them on reduction cabinet, that's what we used to do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk