News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:45PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 287
Total: 292

Time off. Paid or not?

Started by Mark calloway, 13-12-19, 01:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notsofunny

You have always been allowed to work your holiday shift as far as I know , But from what I am told with this new pay system you should not clock in for your shift on a booked holiday day or days , they should just be adding that them self's  8-)

NightAndDay

My place of employment has a buy and sell holiday scheme, so it is legal to a point (there is a minimum amount of holiday that you must take by law). However working your holiday is a risky proposition considering Tescos notoriety for not getting pay right and managers trying to pull a fast one. Also there is the point that the shift you work will incur tax and n.i on it, also if you've done lots of overtime in the 12 weeks leading up to your holiday, the amount you'd get per holiday day would be the average weekly pay / the number of hours you'd do on that day normally (i believe) meaning it may not be worth doing.

Tesco really does need a similar scheme in place, as the process lacks anything that gives accountability to the manager, especially if they pull a fast one.

Night and Day.

Holiday pay is averaged out over 52 weeks now. It changed in April 2020.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: notsofunny on 13-12-20, 02:56PM

You have always been allowed to work your holiday shift as far as I know , But from what I am told with this new pay system you should not clock in for your shift on a booked holiday day or days , they should just be adding that them self's  8-)

you used to be able to, but for our place it's not allowed atleast, cause when it happens it removes the holiday... they take forever to fix it... and no matter how many grievances you go through same tosco bull happens of forced to wait... though the work and pay thing apparently only books off in Hours rather than 00:00 to 00:00, so if your a night worker you'd be only booked off from 10pm to 7am, so you'd be able to pick up any time before or after that from what the information stated i guess.

whatajoke2019

From what I've seen of FROG (Flexible Resourcing on the Go, if you're wondering)-if an full absence is put in e.g. you're contracted to a nine hour shift and you take the 7.5 hours (breaks are automatically deducted) then you're not able to add hours before or after.

I believe it's possible to delete any clocking in/out on the new system so would advise against taking time off then relenting and going in.

Ryehorse

It is possible to get the TAM (formally HRAM) system to ignore a clocking, but not to delete it completely, the only clocking that can be deleted is one that’s been entered manually. This was the same on HRAM so nothing has changed in that respect.

As far as being on holiday and working OT, this can be arranged through moving the scheduled hours for the holiday to a different time/day and then placing an additional shift on, but clumsy but still possible.

The W&P system is no worse than any of the previous payroll systems that we’ve used, it all comes down to the person inputting the correct information, by clicking correctly you protect yourselves by having supporting evidence if you think your wage is wrong

Mark calloway

I've been off with 2 planned procedures. Even though I've given them all the paperwork I'm £163 down. Getting fed up of wages messing my wages up. My manager is basically saying I'm not getting paid. Making me Ill

fatboy

Can anyone out there answer me a question? If you are off work sick due to an accident that happened whilst at work, do you still have the 3 waiting days without pay or do you get paid from day 1? Thanks

The 3 day rule should apply. I was once told that if the Company pay you from Day 1 then they are effectively admitting guilt to the accident.

fatboy

Cool thanks, just I've been told by a rep that they thought if it was an accident at work you got paid from day 1.

Nomad

Any sort of accident at work where you believe company is at fault,  keep notes/receipts of all monies lost or costs incurred as a consequence,  i.e. medicines, travel cost, chiropractor etc etc.

If you use sick pay entitlement, get those days reinstated if company deemed responsible, don't let them tell you reinstatement can't be done.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk