News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 278
Total: 282

Payslip view

Started by Hello it’s me, 03-05-18, 12:37AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My store hasn't switched over but talking to wages clerks who have it is taking approximately 3 - 4 minutes to answer an exception. This would mean it would take me just over 16.00 hours to clear Friday, Saturday and Sunday's exceptions in my store then I'd have another 4 days worth of exceptions to do. That would take my full contracted hours without doing any of the other work I do.
The system is built based on the Oracle system but even before it was launched Head Office knew there were problems, same as with Scheduler.
And if managers in all stores actually look at their exceptions every day it will be  a major miracle - especially in my store which is an Extra with over 300 members of staff. It's not funny when you get to Friday and certain mangers haven't answered their exceptions all week. Yes, I do report it to senior team but apparently its not a big deal.

notsofunny

When the holiday booking goes on line it will cut that part of it out , then those that cause the most problems being not clocking in or out will start falling into line when they don't get paid or they get pulled into have what ever talk you have these days , then the next problem should be those that do not clock in or out for breaks ,, same goes for them ,, You got to remember all systems are only as good as those that work on them as it is from what I have seen in some Express its made life easer ,
Its all new and a lot of people are just blowing things out of context , I am sure some will remember the old Green screen that needed input every friday and that was a lot harder than what this is , and that was a few hours job on a Friday ,,

Having worked for the company for over 30 years I do remember the green screen, it was still in use for managers pay until the switch to Work and Pay.
Colleagues don't have to clock in and out for breaks on W&P because it causes problems with the systems.
The new system will only work if everyone does what they are supposed to do. This includes managers handing in registers, updating scheduler, letting wages clerk know when someone is sick. Actually telling wages clerks that someone is pregnant or about to become a Dad. Permanent amendment forms need to handed in on time, not 3 months down the line. The list is endless.
While the system will probably work in the end its a very long way off.

Blackcat3

Are bank Holidays included in hours on new work and pay and personal day can't see where its broken down

freaky1984

Anybody know how to cancel the personal insurance that's deduced from wages.

[mod]Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/mod]

freaky 1984
You need to put it in writing which is then kept in your personnel file. Your wages clerk then needs to send a Comms form, Cancel Voluntary Deductions. It doesn't happen instantaneously though, it could take 4 - 6 weeks.

whatajoke2019

Blackcat3: holidays and bank holidays are both included in the 'time off in hours' now-your personal day isn't reflected in those hours and continues to be treated separately.

Bear in mind, as I've posted previously, the time off in hours shown doesn't seem to include any holiday taken before the migration to Work & Pay. For whatever reason that data hasn't been merged  :D.

notsofunny

Quote from: Blackcat3 on 14-11-20, 12:15AM
Are bank Holidays included in hours on new work and pay and personal day can't see where its broken down

Thanks for that ,

In Express they are still clocking in and out for breaks ,

At the moment they are told not to clock in when they do overtime on a Holiday shift since they say that cancels out the holidays booked that they input , Will that work better once staff go into booking holidays on line by them self's ? , since at the moment if the manager forgets to tell anyone that you have done overtime on a holiday shift you end up not getting paid  ,

whatajoke2019

Would imagine it's the same in Express but in our store they've put a few posters up reminding colleagues not to clock in and out for breaks.

Work & Pay automatically calculates any break entitlement so I would imagine, from what I've seen, it must have a negative impact on shifts e.g. if you're working nine hours (and receive one and a half hour in breaks) it'll probably think you're working shorter shifts and confuses the system?

I know from seeing FROG any time off is displayed and it's not possible to put any hours down for working when you're meant to be off-I believe Wage Admin and Clerks can make amendments so if you're off, it's forgotten (for whatever reason) and you clock in you're able to remove any clocking in/out so you're still treated as being on holiday.

NightAndDay

Surely with the known issues of Shift Leaders in Express not taking their contracted break Work and Pay should have a system in place to measure this?

whatajoke2019

From what I've seen on Yammer for Dotcom Drivers they've added fifteen extra minutes for their breaks when working a four hour shift to ensure they are paid four hours in full so I would imagine it's likely possible to do the same in Express.

notsofunny

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 14-11-20, 09:13PM
Would imagine it's the same in Express but in our store they've put a few posters up reminding colleagues not to clock in and out for breaks.

Work & Pay automatically calculates any break entitlement so I would imagine, from what I've seen, it must have a negative impact on shifts e.g. if you're working nine hours (and receive one and a half hour in breaks) it'll probably think you're working shorter shifts and confuses the system?

I know from seeing FROG any time off is displayed and it's not possible to put any hours down for working when you're meant to be off-I believe Wage Admin and Clerks can make amendments so if you're off, it's forgotten (for whatever reason) and you clock in you're able to remove any clocking in/out so you're still treated as being on holiday.

Ok I have just seen 2 wage slips for friends that work in Express and they have not got paid the Overtime pay on the days that they worked on holidays booked , (Which they had got told not to clock in for)

Also even the normal hours seem less which amounts to about the same as the time they get for breaks , ( for which they had been clocking in and out for )

One more thing ,, was the pay cut off date the Friday the week before pay day ?  what I mean is has the cut off day been changed and a extra week added this time ?

thanks in advance  to you and 80377494 , seems I am  getting  more information from you than my Friends that still work for Tesco get from Managers direct  8-)

Work and Pay cut-off for overtime was Saturday 07 November.

NON Work and Pay stores cut-off was Thursday 05 November.

No change to basic pay for stores switching to Work And Pay.

Might be an idea if Admin upload a new Pay Date table for Work And Pay to run alongside the one already available.

whatajoke2019

With regards to your friends who haven't been paid for working on a day they should have been on holiday, this is part of the problem I was talking about with managers not keeping wages clerks up to date. The holiday was obviously pre-booked and therefore would not have shown as an exception. The manager then 'forgot' to tell the wages clerk to pay the colleagues overtime. Vicious circle. 

Although, thinking about it, do Express Stores have a Wages Clerk? If no, then managers input the exceptions themselves so 
double whammy of not doing the job correctly.

Nomad

Quote from: 80377494 on 15-11-20, 07:24AM
Might be an idea if Admin upload a new Pay Date table for Work And Pay to run alongside the one already available.
I have added a line of text Ref: overtime cut off, is the info correct ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

I've double checked on Yammer and Colleague Help, the Saturday before Payday is the cut-off for overtime, holidays,etc for stores which have switched to Work and Pay.
So the cut-off for Friday 13/11/20 was Saturday 07/11/20

I thought about just adding a line to the table after my original suggestion. Brilliant idea.

notsofunny

Quote from: 80377494 on 15-11-20, 07:33AM
whatajoke2019

With regards to your friends who haven't been paid for working on a day they should have been on holiday, this is part of the problem I was talking about with managers not keeping wages clerks up to date. The holiday was obviously pre-booked and therefore would not have shown as an exception. The manager then 'forgot' to tell the wages clerk to pay the colleagues overtime. Vicious circle. 

Although, thinking about it, do Express Stores have a Wages Clerk? If no, then managers input the exceptions themselves so 
double whammy of not doing the job correctly.

Express dont have a wage clerk as such Yet some stores are still using the Admin to do the exceptions , most Shift runners dont have time to do it so if Admin is off it all goes on hold and what with them having to clean the store now ,,,,,,,, :-X
And yes your right its all down to every one talking to each other in advance to keep things running  ,

dotnochance

whats nigh pay between 12-6?

whatajoke2019

Communication is key but as most of us know the left hand would rather ignore the right hand and then wonder why people are peeved when it comes to pay day and colleagues are underpaid  :-X.

@notsofunny it would appear your friends have been well and truly conned, sorry, and been asked to work, when they should be off, hoping your friends wouldn't notice when it came to being paid  ???.

I suggest they go back to their SM and query it-and make sure it's down in writing they are going to see the amounts unpaid on December's pay slip!

whatajoke2019

Found this on a recent communication:

• Pay Adjustments should only be used where it’s not been possible to submit changes in FROG or to book an
absence, e.g.:
• To pay for time walking to and from the Petrol Filling Station
• To pay colleagues for breaks which were unable to be taken in convenience stores

To make sure anyone being paid their break(s) whoever completes the pay adjustment in your store needs to add a note as to why you are receiving a 'positive' payment otherwise computer will say no.

NightAndDay

In Express the admin role is only notional, everyone that isn't a Shift Leader or Store Manager is contracted as a Customer Assistant, even if they are acting Stock Controller or Administrator. The administrator typically also does PI/labels, exceptions and lottery reconcilliations, they have it a lot harder than the siloed admin roles they have in superstore, they also have less time to do it and may not necessarily be in every store (some mateyboy SMs do the admin duties to save on hours, more often than not though they either bungle a process or cook the books as much as a Store Manager can to look whiter than white on the costs measure of the Big 6).

King1999

This acting bs very crafty way to get c/as to do management roles with sweet fa incentives or pay.Certainly isn’t the company I joined.Feels very stagnant instore now.On a staffing level it’s totally lost.Probably was the aim of late not very strong for the future though.

notsofunny

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 15-11-20, 09:35PM
Communication is key but as most of us know the left hand would rather ignore the right hand and then wonder why people are peeved when it comes to pay day and colleagues are underpaid  :-X.

@notsofunny it would appear your friends have been well and truly conned, sorry, and been asked to work, when they should be off, hoping your friends wouldn't notice when it came to being paid  ???.

I suggest they go back to their SM and query it-and make sure it's down in writing they are going to see the amounts unpaid on December's pay slip!

They have , I even got them to message the Manager and got a reply back  ... thanks

Checkout Superstar

Anyone else having issues logging into ourtesco?

lordadmiral

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk