News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 02:51AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 302
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 284
Total: 284

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyPudding

Thank you Tesco.  I am very happy about the double discount.  Yes, I have done a big shop earlier on in the week, but am going to buy some Christmas Presents and some Christmas booze this weekend.  Sorted!

Luchagore

Scottish stores are open past 4pm on a Sunday...

Duracell

Quote from: The Mrs on 27-09-12, 08:57PM
Online orders paid for before midnight will not qualify. The double discount is applied on the delivery day.

That's just groceries the rest is  :d:

QuoteTo qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at tesco.com/direct, place an order of at least £1, entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.

To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at .clothingattesco.com, place an order of at least £1 entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.

To qualify for 20% off staff discount with your Privilegecard at .tesco.com/entertainment, place an order of at least £1 entering your Privilegecard details, between 6am 28/09/12 and 11.59pm 30/09/12, inclusive.

This was taken from the link you supplied
http://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=12271.msg97520;topicseen#new

TV's, Furniture, White Goods  :d: :d:
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

TescoValue

Can anyone give a little insight into shares, please? Signed into shareview and it says I have 58. This seems a little low to me giving i have worked here for 7 years now... also do not remember the last time i recevied a shares certificate. Am i missing something?

the-vortex

I've been off this site a week and hadn't seen this post...
Quote from: tasha66 on 26-09-12, 12:37PMA company who said u didn't work hard enough.and doesn't give u a share allocation this year..
I got an award of cash in three years time which doesn't (in all reality) seem too different.

Quote from: tasha66 on 26-09-12, 12:37PMA company who have said they want you to work longer for less.ie pension..
Like nearly every other company in the UK.  And let's not mention that most companies in the FTSE have removed their Final Salary pensions from (in many cases) all staff.

Quote from: tasha66 on 26-09-12, 12:37PMMy money is spent with asda or aldi..i wont give my money bk to a company who has no respect for its employees..even with a 50% discount lol
But you give them the only resource you have?  If you won't spend your money there why do you sell them your labour? And for £7.14ph?  If I thought I was working for the devil I'd want a better deal!
Loyalty is a one-way street!

just curious

its just another bit of spin by tesco , the co op , do double discount weekends through out the year ( normally bank holidays but not certain ) , and so do Morrison's ( who also have two discount cards ) , and even the asda have the same double discount weekends occasionally , slightly off topic if you are a Doncaster driver then you have been robbed of another benefit because you work for Stobbarts now and Tesco have robbed you of the double discount promotion .  >:(  >:( .

WhatsHappin

Quote from: The Mrs on 24-08-12, 12:29AM
Quote from: HeadOfficeElf on 23-08-12, 09:35PM
I don't see any problem using the allowance up to help family and friends, especially on big ticket items.

You may not see a problem - until you are dismissed for gross misconduct.  It is against the rules to use your card to help friends.

I suggest you go read the Privilegecard Rules for yourself.

hi if your buying preasnt for someone should you not use your discount ?

if you pay for the item and they pay you back for it later on is that a problem? its gaining sales if the person would of bought it from else were if they didnt get the discount

Duracell

I can't see a problem with gifts, the purchaser is the employee if you gift it after it shouldn't be a problem.
As for purchasing on behalf of someone else to be redeemed, only for Friends or family living at your address.

I would imagine they have a closer eye on it this weekend.
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Loki

If I purchase goods from my own pocket and use my privilege card, what I do away from the Store after that, is my own business. Whether it be as a gift, shopping on behalf of someone else to be redeemed or selling the goods on ebay.

tasha66

Wouldnt get out of bed for 7.14 trust me

Loki

It would be nice to have that option.  8-)

Deckard

Hi,
Just wondered if anybody knows what the hell "Making Moments Matter" programme is about which was mentioned in the letter sent to everyone regarding the 20% discount (?))

Duracell

Duracell.

tasha66

Quote from: picktocube on 27-09-12, 07:15PM
There is a good chance that the free shares will be back in future years ,possibly even next year. It is not as if we didn't get anything,we are getting a cash payment instead,so what have we lost? Some dividend payments,thats all. And if the company is in such a mess(as people are saying on here) then the share price will crash and you will actually be better off having a cash payment rather than shares.
Very very suprised if the shares come bk..reason being..in 2015 there gonna give u a cash value.then ya telling me after that cost of approximatly lets say and im guessing 3 million..your then tellin me there gonna then layout at that same time another 3 million to buy you shares so ya can have them 3yrs later..
I would be very suprised if they do that..hmmmmmm..

And just to add to that a bet was made with the main director of distribution of a grand that they didnt give shares bk...he didnt take the bet pmsl

picktocube

It is not any different to what they they do now,If they had given us shares this year,they would have been available in 2015,the same as the cash.Same payments,but in a different form.

Duracell

Trying to get a director to take a bet, with their own money I presume? They don't gamble well with company money it's no suprise they didn't take the bet.

Duracell.

the-vortex

Quote from: tasha66 on 29-09-12, 09:56AMWouldnt get out of bed for 7.14 trust me

:o Well done you.ve just insulted every GA outside London. :o

Trust you ...  I don't think so!

and if you're not a GA but a team leader, manager or in HO you really must be happy to sup with the devil! >:D
Loyalty is a one-way street!

Loki

Sounds like a sponger.

tasha66

Do you mean that you won't get out of bed to work for your money?

Or;

Do you mean that you have a superiority complex?

Either way, you must have it pretty easy to come up with a stupid comment like that.

Duracell

Wouldn't get out of bed for £7.14 yet being committed for what you are paid just means you have a PRICE and your opinion can be bought.  :-X

Duracell.

tasha66

gomezz

Surely more telling is how much you are willing to get *into* bed for?  ;)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

just curious

Did any staff take advantage of the twenty per cent discount weekend and gain substantially from it ? , i personally did not see very many extra sales in our store ( unless the stores staff travelled to an Extra store , which a fair few do any way for there normal shop to take advantage of the offer ) , the instore reports i have looked at all seem fairly average as usual for our selves . (?))  (?)) .

Duracell

Yes I did.
A store local to our DC had a demo weekend also giving a whopping 30% (extra 10 on the 20) on display stock.

:d:

30 pence in the pound !!!

Duracell.

tumshie

i had been due to do a large shop anyway, so was happy to get extra discount on it. i think quite a few other staff were the same at our store & one person, that i know of, bought a tv that they'd been planning on getting so they were well chuffed.

happygirl

only 1 tv? i heard 2 members of staff bought loads of ex display tvs - me thinks a deal on ebay !!!!!!!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk