News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 02:35AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 302
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 305
Total: 305

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curious392

Hey guys,

I've just noticed today that clubcard points received on shopping is on the value after discount. Now, I may be going crazy (I have been out Christmas shopping today so it's quite likely!) but I'm sure you used to get points on the entire (pre-discount) amount!

Is anyone out there sure as to whether this has always been the case or is a recent(ish) change...I have a receipt from October but this was also had points at the post-discount amount...anyone got anything older?

roguesith

Can't remember when it changed but we were given the information at our store

The Mrs

Merged. Again, please see earlier posts.

the-vortex

This question was raised at our SD Forum (and I believe others) and the response was along the lines of;

"The points should always have been awarded for net spend but the system couldn't handle it.  The regulations of Privilege Cards can be changed at any time by the company without warning"

Pretty unsatisfactory but explains the change.
Loyalty is a one-way street!

Eddie Clarke

Quote from: the-vortex on 22-11-11, 08:33AM
Ooooh aren't we cynical  ;)

And not far off right on this occasion for a change ;D

Nomad

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/mr-justice-consumer-advice/2012/02/26/reservations-over-tesco-card-79310-30405679/

QuoteChristie's next port of call were Tesco who, she said, were equally unhelpful.

She said: "Tesco have a policy, when a promotion ends, of giving about a month's notice and allowing people who already hold vouchers a couple of months to spend them.

"I rang Tesco and was quickly passed on to a supervisor who hadn't heard anything about Bespoke Hotels pulling bookings.

"No apologies on Tesco's behalf, no empathy, and no explanation. The best they can do is allow me to transfer the vouchers to another hotel with a different hotel company in the area but I have to obviously arrange this myself subject to limited availability."

Anybody experienced any thing like this ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Storck

I'm not surprised there are limits on the number of rooms they would allow to be booked with the vouchers. If not they could end up with all their rooms booked with the vouchers and not making any money from them, the idea of taking part in these type of promotions is to fill unused rooms.

It sounds as if the person on the phone was they just trying to bluff their way out of a confrontation with the person on line.

the-vortex

"I had seen that on the Tesco website it had said there might be limited availability so I checked the hotel's website to ensure there were rooms available."

"She said it was possible that there was only one room available to Tesco Clubcard customers at certain times but there would be more rooms at other times depending on how busy the hotel was"

Just like those £29 rooms at Premier, the £5 flights at Easyj*t.  They put out an ad that says limited availability and have just one or two at that price.  Legal and slightly immoral - but surely not Tesco's fault  ??? just another excuse for the press to attack.

by the way check out the small print at the bottom of the current PriceDrop TV ad for a similar action.  :o

Unleashed

Can anyone please give me a link to the  staff benefits site and the passwords I just keep getting the Academy section.
I am looking for info on changing my buy as you earn and also phone tariffs ect.
Thanks in advance

nightfiller

Unleashed

magzy2998

The government have a cycle2work scheme on offer through employers. Currently Tesco have not signed up yet, would be a great benefit to staff plus save staff traveling costs in these tough times!
I have raised this with an SD on Twitter who is a big cycling fan who thinks its a great idea but seems unwilling to promote?
Might be an idea for forum reps to raise at next meetings?
Any thoughts?

the-vortex

Was raised through our SD forum last year.

There was a trial a couple of years earlier that didn't go anywhere.  Reasons given for cancellation were - 1 - general lack of interest from staff and - 2- there were employees who tried to use the scheme to get bikes for their children when the whole idea is to get employees to buy a bike for themselves to commute to work.

No reason why it can't be re-trialled.  Put it forward to your own Forum rep - that's the best way. ;)

tasha66

hi there

our answer in distribution,was the tax breaks for the company werent good enough,,so it doesnt pay for them to do it,,,profits,profits,,,,bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mia88

Is it against the rules if your parent pays for the shopping in your house, but you go with them and use the discount? I'm a student so my dad supports me still, and I live at home....is it against the rules that it's his money paying?

magzy2998

Just change card to your parent name as long as in household :)

adamlad

no u can only do that to your partner  - married or civil

therm

does anyone know when this years "benefits report" booklet is coming out ? looking at the one I got last year it says figure correct as of july 8th so im guessing it should be soon..... always nice to know how the pension and shares are doing !

josephinebutler

Hi everyone, first post so please be gentle!

I'm thinking of selling some of my conditional shares as have a whopping car bill that is a bit unexpected, but as I don't currently earn enough to pay tax and NI, I was wondering whether I would have to pay it on the proceeds from selling any shares?  This is probably really obvious, but I can't find the answer anywhere!! Thanks in advance.

bellyfull

No simple answer to your question however the link below has answers you may wish to explore.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/moneytaxandbenefits/taxes/taxonsavingsandinvestments/dg_4016453

Nothing really helps

Quote from: csdqueen on 19-07-12, 08:38AM
Hi everyone, first post so please be gentle!

I'm thinking of selling some of my conditional shares as have a whopping car bill that is a bit unexpected, but as I don't currently earn enough to pay tax and NI, I was wondering whether I would have to pay it on the proceeds from selling any shares?  This is probably really obvious, but I can't find the answer anywhere!! Thanks in advance.

The answer is yes, you will have to pay  tax on it.

josephinebutler

Oh well...I'm going to have to sell them...car will remain dead otherwise!!  I've sold some before and think the deduction was somewhere in the region of about 25% off the principal amount.  I paid tax then, hence my confusion.

Nothing really helps

Sounds about right, if you sell them this week, the money will be paid into your account next pay day with your wages.. Don't know if this helps but don't forget we get paid twice in August. 3rd and 31st. Me thinks a bit of early Xmas shopping is on the horizon.  :)

josephinebutler

Just been onto the Shareview Equiniti website and they have helpfully added a calculator that you can use to work out what the potential profit minus the selling fee, tax and NI deductions might be.  Might be of interest to some peeps.

Nothing really helps

Quote from: therm on 13-07-12, 04:14PM
does anyone know when this years "benefits report" booklet is coming out ? looking at the one I got last year it says figure correct as of july 8th so im guessing it should be soon..... always nice to know how the pension and shares are doing !

I'm pretty certain they start rolling  out late September/ October. I've always received mine in the later month. You could always goes to Shareview Equiniti, in regards to your shares. You have to wait until the 'benefits report' booklet is sent to know the state of your pension details though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk