News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 02:23AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 292
Total: 292

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adspackman

I believe that once you have reported your card as lost it will be deactivated to prevent anyone who now has it from using it. Unfortunately this will also include online services as well as in store.

As far as getting a replacement is concerned you should speak to your PM and/or wages clerk about it. If they don't deal with it directly in your store then they will be able to tell you who you need to see and what you need to do.

delysia

OK my first post and where is my discount card? It ran out last month and I aint got my new one :'(

Also my hols I had them booked but for some reason I didn't turn up on the days I shoul have my hols were in a pickle  I a had two different managers looking at them and well apparantly I went a.w.ol No I never got my permission slip either non was offered and as my hols usually run like clockwork I though oh its OK but it wasn't >:( help and advice appreciated.
Now earlier this year we had a team leader who was a theif and was nicking money out of our tills we kept getting grevience procedures against us. Then one of us a CA cottened on to this team leader and her extremely reduced potentials and her bulging bag of goodies and reported her but the team leader who worked with the theif did not notice a thing. So when my holdays got confused she had a go at me and I went ballisitc and pointed out that she was wined and dined by our one woman crimewave and didn't bloody notice so I I pointed out that my crime was insignificent to her mishap.

I just lost it what with keep being sent to the office for till losses and going through every transaction in my head I was feeling awful at the time all this was happening and here I go again talk about an easy target any advice By the way I feel awful I really like my team leader but I just feel its easy to have a go at me.

Goods in goods out

It's t.... Policy that if you don't receive a holiday form permission slip back within 7days then you are entitled to the holiday?

ProduceBoyz

I cant log on to benefits site either tried all combinations of lettering but still having no luck  :'(

renown

Try this:

User name tesco
password my benefits

[admin]mybenefits (no space). Nomad[/admin]

curvey

Snowman

Hi, first post on here, so apologies if it's in the wrong place!

Has anyone else noticed that, since Monday, we no longer get Clubcard points on the Staff Discount element of our shopping? It may not seem much on a single shop, but could add up to the loss of over 700 points over the year!

The Mrs

Well spotted! I just checked my receipt and you're right. There has been no notification of this change, as per the Privelege Card T&C's and rules. This needs to be challenged  >:(

JCZY

How could it be challenged?

glscotslad

Hi Folks, new staff offer launched on Breakdown Cover - 10% off -when you buy online or over the phone, log on to the Benefits site for information!

Eddie Clarke

Quote from: JCZY on 30-10-11, 09:08AM
How could it be challenged?

philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com should do the trick ;D

The Mrs

It's gone to Forums. HO didn't know. Clubcard are being written to for an explanation. Awaiting the answer.

Eddie Clarke

I'll have a wild stab Mrs at what the answer will be.

'We weren't aware that points were given on the gross total before staff discount. This was an administrative error during the set up. Points will only be earned on the total after discount in future'.

;D

the-vortex

Ooooh aren't we cynical  ;)
Loyalty is a one-way street!

fatty

Has anyone else noticed that you no longer get the clubcard points before staff discount comes off ? So now you get 10% less clubcard points than before ?
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

adspackman

I don't tend to pay that much attention to the number of points given for any transaction so I can't say I had. I assume this has been happening since they stopped the double points so that we would be less likely to notice and put any decrease down to that.

bellyfull

Wow you spend £100 and get a £10 of as discount and 90 club card points (90p equivalent)  and you miss out on 10 club card points or 10p....ain't life a bit hash....Oh well the free shares should compensate for that then...I wait and see...Flaming well glad I've got a job and not on minimum wages either...

fatty

Bellyfull i can only agree ! Would you believe i recieved THREE phonecalls about this today ? I can think of better things to complain about.
I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)

Anne

Is it possible that people are not complaining about the actual financial loss but the fact that this has apparently been done in an underhand way?

Trident79

Exactly its not the end of the world however it would be useful to be told rather than people discover on there reciepts and then you can provide no answer when questioned!!!!!

RttK

Its not just staff discount, I think I witnessed the same when a coupon was used the other day... I can't say for sure but will look out for this!

tumshie

maybe it's also been changed for non-staff who use coupons?

whether it's just staff or all customers, it would be a huge saving for the company while being hardly noticed by the individuals (or so they'd hope)   ;)

Noobfirstclass

Just checked my receipt from earlier, as if! I spent £49 and received 44 points after discount was applied.. I used a £12 voucher which took it down to £32 so I got the points for that.. Hmph! :p:

The Mrs

The Mrs

As I have already posted, this has already been challenged through the forums.

And yes, it is the underhand way that this has been done that has annoyed people, apparently by Clubcard, without the knowledge of HO.

You may say it's a few pence on each shop. True, but that all adds up. My guesstimate would be that Tesco are saving somewhere between a quarter and half a million pounds per year.

The forum should ask for the money being saved to be added to next years pay pot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk