News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 12:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 275
Total: 282

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

101reef

If I opted to sell shares form the 2014 3 year scheme how will I know when will the shares be sold? Does anyone know?

Welshie

You should have got an email . Download the pdf it has the dates but they are sold in batches over a week and you get an average price . From last Thurs they have ranged in price from 202p-211p which depending on the number of shares can make a huge difference to what you get .

Yorkshire dave

If you leave tesco and come back withing 6 months do you get anything re-instated?

Snowman

Could anyone confirm whether or not Tesco are doing the half-price 'flu jabs for staff this year?  If so, does this still apply to family as well, as in the previous couple of years? TIA

his scots tie

Snowman

Cheerleader

No idea how to start a new topic on here but I've seen a few people saying their colleague card isn't working today.

[gmod]Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/gmod]

turbo33

hi, I have been working at Tesco for about 5 years now, full contract

Recently I injured my hand at work and have been off sick for the past couple of day..,wait for surgery.impossible back to work ..after surgery minimum2weeks rehabilitation.. i ask managers about sick hours and take the reply..zero 0..not allowed..i have previously sick this year from january to march and back 28 march to work..this is a planned operation..its a possible not more sick hours???where my rights??if anyone have a info please ..help
Thank you

turbo33

If you've only worked for the company for 5 years you would only be entitled to 5 weeks sick pay assuming you hadn't taken any sick days previously. As you were off work from January to March you will have used all your sick entitlement. It doesn't reset until your anniversary start e.g start Date 30 September your sick entitlement will reset on 30 September. You should be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay but this will only be paid after the first 3 days of sickness.

Planned operations are paid but only if you still have sick entitlement, otherwise it's not.

turbo33

Nice.. So.. If I start my adventure with my employer 23.02 then my sick hour restart 24.02 next year? And when my sich hours restart 24.02 this year.. So to 28.03 I used just 4weeks?one week left?..

Your entitlement would reset 23/02. However, if you had any other absences prior to the absence January to March they could have already been used. It's very complicated. 

King1999

Have you put a claim in if it's work related.

turbo33

OK.. If 0 sick hours.. Accident at work.. Injury.. 2 month absence(surgery and rehabilitation) employee should be paid for absence? Accident report..

syph69

Has anyone received there SAYE Maturity letter? i thought it was due anytime? Thanks

takethemoneyandrun

I have rec an email on 14th feb.. :)

T.C.1

So Tesco are going to give back 5 billon yes 5 billion to share holders good for them but tipical the year they scrap the bounus those with out SAYE won't see a penny of the 5 billion.

madness

Nothing stopped you from buying shares before this was announced. I'm not sure if saye gets you divedends anyway as at that point you don't have the shares jsut a pot that is set aside to buy them at a discounted price later.

T.C.1

Very true madness but for the colleagues up and down the country who can't afford to put into SAYE it just seems another slap in the face 5 billion times.

Fair play

about time had some good news after being made redundant last year and the share price dropping, it wouldn’t of made sense to sale.
Time to get a little back 😀

lordadmiral

Quote from: madness on 10-03-20, 10:17PM
Nothing stopped you from buying shares before this was announced. I'm not sure if saye gets you divedends anyway as at that point you don't have the shares jsut a pot that is set aside to buy them at a discounted price later.

That's right no dividend for SAYE. SIP give you dividend.
Another thing to mention currently there is nearly 9.8 bilion shares issued. That would be 51p per share (give a take a penny).

Those who will leave Tesco b4 possible payout must transfer SIP into shares ISA otherwise when they leave tesco shares must be sold so they loose dividend. Correct me if im wrong.

grim up north

Anyone else had news about the bonus for working during this difficult period?

Adywebb

Yes - I’ve put some details in a post on the Unsung Heroes thread

fatboy

Didn't realise until reading some comments on ourtesco that we are getting an annual colleague bonus for the 19/20 year. This is on top of the 10% extra pay.

alf

Are you sure, I read it as the 10% being the bonus essentially.

Though i'd be quite happy to be wrong.

fatboy

Definitely says on ourtesco that there is an annual colleague bonus for 19/20 year which will be paid in 29th May pay packet. Go to ourtesco, our benefits, colleague reward and benefits, and all the details for the bonus can be seen there. This is completely seperate to the extra 10% bonus revealed today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk