News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 08:58AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,435
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 301
Total: 302

Tesco Staff Benefits

Started by carpman1, 19-08-05, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkletoes

Probably wont get them this year as well, profits are going to be down by about 3% according to some sources.

happyreturns

I would be extremely surprised if Tesco profit is down on last year, so where the views of down 3% on last year has come from I don't know.

Loki

I can't see it either. When will we know the results?

happyreturns

April the 17th I believe

Loki

I must say. As pessimistic a person that I am, I must admit, with this new Price guarantee scheme in place, whatever one may think, it could make a big difference if the gamble pays off.

Duracell

It was almost 4 times that in the half year results.
The last official report in October 2012 reported
Group profit down 11.6%.
The profit report in October 2011 saw an increase of 12.1% which  projected to 5.3%@ end of year April 2012.
So even considering the £1Billion investment are we really going to see an increase this end of year.

So a predicted 3% decrease on last year would be quite optimistic. A no decrease prediction would be appear naive based on the information so far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212117/-20-years-12-decline-despite-growing-UK-sales.html

There was some optimism in the reported 0.01% in UK sales (but that isn't profit).
My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

Duracell

I am not sure of this price Guarantee according to the communication its a voucher scheme.
People aren't soft, they may price match at the till but giving you a voucher where you have to come back into what amounts to a dearer store is only a promise to overcharge you again.

My Opinion is exactly that, Mine.  Based on my view of what I know , see and what I would do.
"Being a rep doesn't make a person right anymore than not being a rep makes a person wrong " 

Duracell.

happyreturns

Quote from: Loki on 20-03-13, 04:04PM
I must say. As pessimistic a person that I am, I must admit, with this new Price guarantee scheme in place, whatever one may think, it could make a big difference if the gamble pays off.

If it does affect profit it would show up next time not this year of course.

Duracell I have not read the detail on it, but would still say that I would be extremely surprised if the Tesco profit announced on 17th April is less than last year.

picktocube

Quote from: Duracell on 20-03-13, 04:14PM
I am not sure of this price Guarantee according to the communication its a voucher scheme.
People aren't soft, they may price match at the till but giving you a voucher where you have to come back into what amounts to a dearer store is only a promise to overcharge you again. 

When I did my shop at Tesco last week,the slip that came out with my receipt said that I had saved £6.34 compared with Asda,Sainsbury or Morrisons

Duracell

Ok, but what point are you making.

Duracell.

just curious

Find out what items are on offer in one of the other three supermarkets , then purchase the same items from Tesco ( not on offer ) , if you do not get a voucher for the full difference in price then report Tesco to the trading  standards department  for miss leading claims and false advertising . Show them that this price guarantee scheme is a publicity stunt and that it is not a proper deal for the public benefit .  (  think the point being made is that picktocube  knew she was not £6.34 better off ) .   (?)) ??? 8-) :-X .

happyreturns

An affect on shares in success of course may be the 3% decline in profit that had been suggested  and of course Phillips investment of £1 billion on the business, may have that affect on the profit of course.
We will see on the 17th April I guess

just curious

" Phillips investment of a £1 billion pound on the business " , was it his personnel money and not the shareholders ?.
I always thought an investment was there to make you money and get you some good returns on the investment , not hiring staff on part time flexible contracts pretending to be be creating XXXX amount of jobs on temporary contracts only to do away with them after 13 / 26 weeks . Hardly a good investment - just a publicity stunt . Cant wait for the year end results just to see who is to blame for the poor performance / trading results . Your mate Sir Terry jumped a sinking ship .   8-) ??? :-X .

happyreturns

Well hopefully eventually the investment made by Phillip will bring it's rewards, but of course it will take time.

HeadOfficeElf

We'll all know on the 17th.

hugh janus

Quote from: happyreturns on 20-03-13, 07:12PMthe investment made by Phillip

So, it was his billion pounds then? Phil really is the best, not the kind of guy who would make lots of people redundant or break T & C agreements!  :d:

Loki

Even simba stalked prey.

skyppye

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but I have a question about pay. We are paid every 4 weeks on a Friday. But for what period? Some of my colleagues think its for the 4 weeks ending on the Wednesday just before pay day, others tell me its the Wednesday 1 week before pay day.
(I'm talking about a dotcom shop)
Thanks!

coffee_tea

The cutoff for wages and OT is the Thursday before payday ie you get paid up until 2359 on Wednesday night.

Tesco bird

Thought it was the same time but the week before (-*-)

metterzrocks

Contracted pay is paid up to and including the day after payday. Ie Saturday. Overtime up to and including the previous Thursday. Ie - 8 days before pay day.

Duracell

So coming back to this topic and past posts. Does this years return to profit share in shares rather than cash like last years award actually make last years award look better than some felt it was at the time, we have seen a 50% cut in the award within 1 year.

With regard to the award being given in shares rather than cash being reliant on % profit, have we paid for the eligibility of shares? as the 50% cut in the award surely is a factor in increasing % profit.

So for all those who were disenchanted with a cash award last year in favour of shares are you happy to receive less in order to satisfy your preference.? Or in light if this years award are you now of a different opinion about last years award, what seems to now be the lesser of 2 evils as it were?

Also looking at the figures for the year of 13% group profit, is it really so? As I see the
the Capex was down by 19%. So they spent less.

So profit was £3.54 Billion but they spent £3Billion less. Which means they are only up by £.54 billon on last year.
Also as they spent £3.0 billion less than the year before did the advertised extra investment of £1 billion actually happen at all?

Duracell.

ajnokia

Was wondering if someone can help we with a query on staff benefits. Yesterday me and a friend purchased a TV together paying half each, I used my staff discount card to get discount as it was for personal use although friend will be using it to. (It is for video-djing).

I have not been pulled in to office yet but somehow word is out I am about to be pulled in and investigated for this. What I want to know is am I in breach of rules. I thought terms stated it is ok if for personal use?

notsofunny

Was looking for a sim only offer for my mobile :)

Found a great offer on our benefits :D

Staff Super-SIM

A great big deal - exclusive to colleagues 12 month contract Pay monthly SIM only

750mins
5000tex
1GB..... wowwwwwww

But then my wife found this offer  >:(

1000mins
5000tex
1GB,,,,,,,WOW great,
Offer open to all at Tesco, :o

Our Staff deals are   :-X

notsofunny

The staff super sim deal has been pulled,

But its still being advertised On Our benefits ,