Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:51PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,125
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Am I supposed to be off for 12 weeks? conflicting info :(

Started by Freebird123, 29-03-20, 03:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinderella

I’ve had staff calling me whilst I’m away to complain about the handling (mishandling?) of their shielding. Some were told they had to come back before the 29th. One who did so now has coronavirus symptoms and gone off sick, and has been told it will be unpaid as Tesco no longer have to follow the government advice. Doesn’t ring true.. surely the person should at least get regular sick pay

notsofunny

No one that has a Shielding letter has been asked to go back , only those that said they had a letter but could not produce it , and if they have a Shielding letter then they do not  go back till the 1st  August at the earliest , ( and rumor going around is that they could be about to extend that by 2 weeks so those returning can slowly ease back in to work )

As to Sick pay I am not to sure Tesco has to pay full sick pay only SSP ,

miriam

In my store that might be part of their issue.  I was told I had to go back I produced the letter I refused to return,
I was told I had no more sick left.  I've been in Tesco for 20 yrs.

So you telling me I'm being bullied again.

lucgeo

I wouldn't wait until you return to put in a grievance for bullying...do it straight away, then let them sweat. There's  no guarantee they won't keep hassling everybody, and the meeker may succumb and go back risking their health.

As for any snide comments on returning...just apologise to them for not being considered healthy enough to risk your life,  so that they could have help filling a shelf...or serving on checkouts...oh, and the tan was free, caught from your open window, or if you're a lucky one, the confines of your outside space.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

adamski26

As for any snide comments on returning...just apologise to them for not being considered healthy enough to risk your life,  so that they could have help filling a shelf...or serving on checkouts...oh, and the tan was free, caught from your open window, or if you're a lucky one, the confines of your outside space.

‘WELL BLOODY SAID’ 👍

notsofunny

Quote from: miriam on 27-06-20, 08:01AM
In my store that might be part of their issue.  I was told I had to go back I produced the letter I refused to return,
I was told I had no more sick left.  I've been in Tesco for 20 yrs.

So you telling me I'm being bullied again.

I and at least 4 others have explained things to you before on the Blog ,yet you still keep ignoring it ,

Go back to  the answers you got before ,

You keep talking about a letter , so you was asked what the letter said ,  Remember it was explained to you what type of letter you should have ,

Remember again if they have told you that you have no more sick left it could mean that you have used it all up over the last year before this virus came along ,

Last thing Have you Got a New letter from the NHS in the last 10 day to say you are to Shield till the  31st July ?

miriam

I am here looking for support
I do read answers
Like I've said the managers and my HR are ignoring my letters
Yes I've a  new one
Before I was told I wouldn't need to be contacted as I've produced a letter with dates on
Still I'm told I will be contacted to go through OH
So plz I live alone no family near me
So hope notsofunny can take this into account
I am moaning at the lack of right information from managers HR in my store
Ok
I also hope if anyone else is experiencing thisvtypecof management it helps them

notsofunny

Every one has tried to support you , even told you what to do , yet you still come back to the same thing , Dates was explained to you as well about the 12 week thing ,

If you had read the answers you would have seen everyone has told you what to do , as well as asking you what type of letter you have  yet you still will not say if it says to Shield , I have even just asked you if you have had a letter that says you are to SHIELD till the 31 July , yet you just say that you have a letter ,

I do Understand your situation as do many others that live alone , and you can only help your self by reading the advice and reply to what everyone has asked you ,

All the best ,

Welshie

@Miriam , ask your manager to send you a link to the online occupational health  questionnaire,  fill it in . You will get a reply telling you either  a)to return to work , b) you'll be contacted to return to work once precautions put in place  or c) you are to continue  to shield . The same info will be sent to store manager , if it is to continue to shield the company will make up your sick pay .

Stitch

Am asking on behalf of a colleague.....

She's just been told that because she's pregnant that she may now have to go off and isolate by our manager....yet she's been working non stop through all of this.....is this correct? As it came completely out of the blue being told this. Any links would be muchly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Morris999

All pregnant colleagues are not to work until further notice, that includes colleagues who were pregnant at the start of the COVID lockdown and any colleagues who have become pregnant since.
It came down in the June COVID vulnerable colleagues update, I believe it’s on our Tesco/help centre.
All these colleagues will be paid in full, but will take 2 days holiday per pay period from June.
It will be reviewed every 4 weeks, and the current thinking in stores is that they will be back from 1st August with the extremely vulnerable(shielding) colleagues.

If your manager has known for weeks/months that she’s pregnant, then shame on your manager as it’s been made quite clear since March that pregnant colleagues are not allowed to work at all even if they want too.
If your friend has only just told your manager that’s she pregnant then the manager has done the right thing.

miriam

Hiya

Who has put in place the ones with shielding have to go through OH
Is it main office, HR or store manager???
If u have a shielding letter simple
who ever has put in place need to be accountable for wrong government guidelines being practiced

The new measures have come down from Head Office. Only Vulnerable colleagues are supposed to go down this route, Extremely Vulnerable colleagues don't.
All the information can be found on 'colleague help'.

Morris999

Miriam,
Currently only vulnerable colleagues(12 week self-isolation)have the choice to go through OH, And by choice I mean their choice, however if the colleague refuses to go down the OH route then they are expected to return to work immediately or take some form of unpaid leave.
This was all agreed by HO with the Union.
It’s all on college help centre.

Now extremely vulnerable colleagues(shielding and have actually had a shielding letter stating they have been identified as someone who is clinically extremely vulnerable and should follow the government shielding guidance)do not have to go through OH at this time, they should have also received a second letter dated 22nd June from the Department of Health & Social Care signed by. Att Hancock stating the current updated government advice for them.
Now with current government guidance stating the shielding advice will be paused on 1st August, the thinking in stores are they will probably be referred through OH nearer the time, but are not to do so currently.

Stores are currently waiting on the first 4 weekly review/update for extremely vulnerable/pregnant colleagues which we are expecting by end of the week.

miriam

Morris 999
Thanku

I've my shielding letter dated 22nd June
My phone appointment is this afternoon at 3.30

StephenL

Hi all,  Has anyone seen any up to date info on what happens for those still shielding, ie  the extremely clinical vulnerable?  I know that from the 29th June we moved onto company sick pay (or SSP topped up) and that it was to be reviewed every four weeks.  The only further info I can find is government advice that shielding may be paused from 31st July but those shielding should still continue to exercise caution with regard to social distancing etc.  How does that tally with going back to work, especially so given that Tesco seems to be lifting some of the measures necessary to keep staff and customers safe!   Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to going back to work (and out from under my wife’s feet 😂) but I am concerned that I might be throwing myself into an unsafe environment.  Have Tesco given any further advice to their extremely clinical vulnerable staff that I have missed?  Or when are they likely to do so?

Welshie

My husband has heard nothing either , on the advice of his oncologist he will not be returning to work in August regardless of what Tesco plan for the extremely vulnerable is.  I'm sure under the circumstances it will not be difficult to take unpaid leave although obviously not an option for everyone. 
It still seems strange to me that government guidelines are only mix with one household who must also adhere to strict social distancing and then 1st August,  off you go into the world and mix with everyone but try to keep 1+ metres apart ! I expected a more gradual easing for shielding group .
I also openly admit that my husband and I have possibly quite become paranoid after 16wks of not going out .

miriam

From what I understand
Tesco jumped the gun and put own twist on things
If the shielding ends and u Still need to b off then a sick note u will need ssp will be put in place
Your Dr will support this
The government leave shielderrs till last min to assess. People think the date given is the end for shielders it's not
I've had covid19 and have been left with health issues. The health issues are being investigated

notsofunny

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-

It says to go back to work from the 31st , Most if not all support ends ,
Work from home if you can ,, (which is the same advice for everyone else since lockdown ended ,)
It says that so long as your work place is covid compliant , (And if I am correct in thinking this is the same thing it told all those that went back during June )

That is along with all the advice that goes with what every one else has been given ,

From my understanding of what I have been TOLD OR HEARD , Those going back from the 1st Aug will be able to stager coming back ,Take Unpaid leave ,a life style break , and so on just like what was offered to others ,
Taking sick is a option Company sick if you have any left , other wise on SSP ,

Every thing they are doing is according to Government advice and agreement with the Unions,

I think I have said before that I have HEARD that Tesco could be about to say that they will add another 2 weeks off sick including SSP and top up after the 31st ,( But like I said its something I heard  a few weeks ago)

Welshie

Thanks notsofunny , good to know lifestyle break is an option with little hassle  . He wouldn't go sick as atm he feels alright and had been looking forward to going back to work before covid arrived .

Started2008

Any news on the extremely vulnerable returning to work? At the moment I’m running on the assumption I’m back 1st August but not heard from work, I’d want an occupational health review but not sure if it’s me that needs to instigate it.

miriam

I might be wrong, I understand those shielding have updates closer to date on their letter.
If you have a letter the OH shouldn't be involved.  Not all stores are applying these government guidelines.

notsofunny

Quote from: Started2008 on 14-07-20, 12:17PM
Any news on the extremely vulnerable returning to work? At the moment I’m running on the assumption I’m back 1st August but not heard from work, I’d want an occupational health review but not sure if it’s me that needs to instigate it.

You will have got a call today or you will have one in the next 2/3 days , return date is the 1st , with the options I listed Yesterday , OH if you want one done or return as normal just like those that returned on the 15th ,

miriam

Morris999

Stores have been briefed today.

Every colleague who is still off, whether they are pregnant, classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, taking unpaid etc will receive a call from there manager over the next few days and be sent a letter.

If you are classed as clinically extremely vulnerable(shielding) or told to shield by OH because you were clinically vulnerable then you will return to work from 2nd August however you will have the option to go through OH for any potential adjustments in the workplace for you from 14th July.

You will be put into 3 categories
A. Same as everyone else( social distancing etc).
B. Minor adjustments.
C. More major adjustments.
However OH will not say you are to continue to Shield!
If you feel it’s not right to come back yet for any reason then you can take unpaid or lifestyle break.

If your area is part of a local lockdown then you are to shield while it’s in effect(eg parts of Leicester).

If you are pregnant then you have 2 choices
1. Return to work from the 2nd August without any potential adjustments or go through OH from the 3rd August and either return form the 17th August with or without adjustments or they might say you are not to return to work.

If you are taking unpaid or lifestyle break then they will discuss with you about either returning or carrying on with that.

For colleagues in Wales following the above from the 17th August in line with the welsh governments advice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk