News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 02:26PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,368
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 402
Total: 408

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar

Tried Google photos, and post a link?

Nomad

Sorry, looking into it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

dairyfresh

Quote from: Baker4life on 10-03-20, 04:00PM
I know I will be in consultation but first meeting isn't till 6th April so I thought that was the beginning of the consultation

collective consultation started when this was announced,

https://cdn.ourtesco.com/2019/08/05133905/colleagues-qa-july-19.pdf

Baker1

Baker4life

Even when was first announced it still won't be 45 days

Baker1

No it says the start was Monday and Tuesday of week 1 is the start of Collective consultation of 45 days

Baker4life

But told end of consultation is 1st May, so what does that mean as not 45 days

dairyfresh

may 1st is nearly 60 days from 2nd march

Baker1

It says closure of collective consultation wednesday of Week 7, week of April 13th, then week 9 April 27th, final individual consultation meetings and issue official notice of redundancy, then leave date on the saturday.

Baker4life

What a joke. Thought consultation begins when we have our 121 meetings. So from first meetings we have 3 weeks to decide to take alternative roles or redundancy if offered. Makes me laugh so since we were first told what actual information has been given to us!  Anyone been given redundancy figures? Availability sheets due in tomorrow.

polar

Damm straight it's a joke. Luckily I've not hung around  ;) but still....

Baker1

Quote from: Baker4life on 10-03-20, 06:02PM
What a joke. Thought consultation begins when we have our 121 meetings. So from first meetings we have 3 weeks to decide to take alternative roles or redundancy if offered. Makes me laugh so since we were first told what actual information has been given to us!  Anyone been given redundancy figures? Availability sheets due in tomorrow.

Yes it is a complete joke, no info at all, just keep getting told to wait until the heat map drops and then the next meeting we will find out if at risk of redundancy. Its a shambles as usual.

yosemite2020

Just been reading the Stores Collective Consultation minutes. Does anyone understand the section on Pooling Principles? From the way it’s written, anyone with 50% or more of their hours worked in the bakery will be included in the pool regardless of their contracted dept. Only those with 50% or less will be considered for redundancy if their hours are reduced by 20% or less.

Makes no sense that full time bakery staff are shipped off to other depts not knowing where they’ll go. This is a bake off store, not scratch.

Thanks.

Jethro

Where do you find a copy of that ?

Jethro

polar

Usdaw reps emailed today. Can everyone shed any light as to email?

londoner83

Any news on whether this restructure will be delayed by the Coronavirus. At a time when shops are crazily busy is it right managers and reps are off the floor in  meetings?

Baker1

Quote from: polar on 12-03-20, 03:14PM
Usdaw reps emailed today. Can everyone shed any light as to email?

Just asked a rep, said no email received today so far and haven’t been told of one incoming.

lucgeo

Reps are usually the last to know anything!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

polar

Our rep told us. We'll good as always

sadoldman

i was told by the manger   we wont hear anything till the 5 of April but you can apply for jobs and go for job interviews  but dont accept any job  as you could be job matched  what a crazy company we work for it is unbelievable

Baker1

Bakery manager told me they have a pack with how many hours they are losing, start times and 3 different scenarios for stores based on takings. Had it confirmed by another bakery manager as well.

lucgeo

Quote from: sadoldman on 12-03-20, 06:39PM
i was told by the manger   we wont hear anything till the 5 of April but you can apply for jobs and go for job interviews  but dont accept any job  as you could be job matched  what a crazy company we work for it is unbelievable

That's good of him...anyone can apply for jobs whenever they like! As for attending interviews, are they going to allow paid time off to attend...no...because you are not under consultation for redundancy so they are not obliged to grant you paid time off.
On one hand, maybe the manager is advising you have a back up plan. On the other hand, maybe hoping you'll find another job and leave, forgoing your redundancy and leaving more hours for others to be job matched  ??? It's the cynic in me  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Tattooyou

We are already in consultation and have been given our redundancy figures we are going full bake off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk