News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

01-05-24, 03:58AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,435
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 282
Total: 282

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takethemoneyandrun

Does anyone have any knowledge about rhrp.. I'm sure if you are contracted staff you dont have to fill in a rhrp form..is it in writing anywhere?..I was under the impression it was only for flexi staff..TIA in advance...

wizard

Everyone is expected to fill out availability form wether contracted or not . Tesco only have to give so many weeks notice to change anyone's hours , nothing is set in stone

Redshoes

Availability sheets are for everyone, flexi or fixed. If hours are removed from a dept and they go into consultation the availability sheets match you to a role, or not. If you work 8-5 but are available 7-9 you may be offered a shift starting at 7am. The difference is that you won't get a flexi overtime sheet. Once consultation is over you will work the same hours each week, you still may be asked to help out in times of need but you can refuse. You can pick up overtime but it won't automatically come your way.
There may well be some changes to hours coming but it's soft structure so you don't have to. If it suits you and the company/dept you can move and its win win situation. If you can't or won't you don't have to but they can still ask.
Stores don't know any detail yet. How far away it all is I don't know. I just know it's coming and its all going on individual store shopping trends.

mike360

People managers are not going back in store as team managers.

Long gone

Why are staff members asked to fill out availability forms or do RHRP constantly ? It seems to be happening almost monthly. The results from RHRP aren't going to change in such a short period of time and they will have availability results from the last time they did it so what's the point? The incompetence of this company beggars belief

wizard

Rhrp will happen a couple times a year every year from now on , there will always be changes .

Blackcat3

We have not filled one out for years but think this might change now especially if the pi rumours are true

filling-machine

Huge piece of work coming re RHRP, colleagues will be placed into jobs that match their availability - including moving store if required. Movement of idq to 10% will lead to a sizeable reduction in checkout hours.

Long gone

RHRP would work if the management working on RHRP actually knew what they were doing in the first place. It wouldn't even be needed if the company was run correctly by the upper echelons.

londoner83

The problem with RHRP is traditionally Managers ignore what's right for the business in order to keep certain GAs happy - which as instore hours drop is now becoming a issue as our customers increasingly shop early evening and at weekends.

With retail a 24/7 business and other chains closing, we cant continue to carry a load of Mon-Fri earlies only staff.

Long gone

Use my old store as an example. We had 70% of the department finishing at 2 o clock in the afternoon because they came in early. Only me in late at night on my own to manage a full department by myself. RHRP was done and they were told to do a 10-7  shift at least once and one late night each until 10-11pm. It lasted about 2 weeks before they complained about it and the manager just put them back on their old hours and people like myself had to face the brunt of it. I complained about it big time but nothing got done, then management had the cheek to try and tell me I had to do more late nights when I already did 3 and the others went back to doing none

keef1894

Movement of idq to 10% will lead to a sizeable reduction in checkout hours. Can someone explain how this works per quarter of an hour

Katarn2000

10% means that the schedule is designed so that 10% of customers have to queue any given 15 minutes where before that target was 7.5%. This needs fewer hours because you need fewer tills on if you are going to accept more people queuing.

For example, if before you had 100 customers going through the main bank in 15 minutes then your idq target for that slot would be 7(you can't have half a person).  That's the number that appears in the daily checkout performance screen that you get either a fail or a pass on. With the new target it means that you can now make 10 people queue in that same 15 minute period.
So if you needed 6 tills on to pass idq at 7.5% then you might only need 5 on to pass at 10%. The scheduler system is adjusted to account for this and demand fewer tills as appropriate using computer voodoo.

Redshoes

Self service targets also went up not so long back. Now 50% of customers should be going through self service. It's all to do with idle time and IDQ. We need to pass IDQ but not by too much. If we pass big time we have colleagues not doing anything. The system can't be cheated and some of the idle time is being removed. However, it's soft structure. No jobs at risk.

Katarn2000

Reading between the lines this is not a random decision. The point is to clearly incentivise customers to be using scan as you shop and self service more. I predict in the coming years this is a prelude to reducing conventional checkouts to nothing over time.

londoner83

Simplest way to encourage self serve or scan as you shop is to give a bonus to customers who use it ie discount or extra clubcard points. Manning tills costs the business more, so shouldnt some of the savings the business makes thru using self service go to the people who use it?

Katarn2000

That would be simple but it would p**s off a lot of long standing customers.

londoner83

If you want service by a cashier you pay for it, if you want it at cheapest price you do it yourself. Personally think money talks and a lot of groans would stop.

whatajoke2019

Out of interest does this mean those of who are till trained but are contracted to other areas e.g. Grocery will spend more time answering service calls rather than less?

Can't say too much in case it identifies myself but one common complaint is customers being unable to find someone on the shop floor when they are looking for stock etc.

Katarn2000

In theory it shouldn't make any difference tree service calls. If anything there would be less. In theory...

Morris999

Our store is looking at losing around 30-40 hours off tills, the brief we have been given is that there will be no change on how the team support manage IDQ.
That coupled with potentially less team support hours too, less hours on CSD, which Checkouts will end up covering when busy, always having to double man the PFS ( including break cover) again checkouts covering.
I foresee more call outs, the move to 10% is just a cost saving exercise and customers will still expect/demand that a checkout is opened up if they are queuing.
They don't care about the new 10% target and won't expect to be that 10% either!

Couple with the issue of the company increasing the self-service target without putting more self-service into stores it's just going to make the issue worse!
Queuing at main bank, queuing at self-service and queuing at CSD!
Looks like customers will be getting great service from the frontend when it gets busy!

King1999

You've got to realise,the people number crunching and coming up with these decisions are so far removed from store day to day running operations........they may aswell as be working in a totally different sector.The only outcome is less of everything,including customers.Like I've said before nothing feels right,you've got a toxic work environment  where you never know what's around the corner.Change yes,but this much I bet Aldi and Lidl are laughing.👍🏻

Katarn2000

In my honest opinion the people who crunch numbers for things like checkout schedules actually do a s*** hot job.
The problems come when stores and managers don't follow the processes properly and f*** the system up. Then they complain that it doesn't work.

NightAndDay

Most of the damage in terms of in store performance is mostly down to managerial underperformance and not following the correct process.

Starworker

So it looks like Tesco is finally going to get rid of all stock control staff and pi, with the new equipment they are trialling
in some stores at the minute.

Check out what they have been using.

https://connect.zebra.com/smartsight?tactic_type=SLO&tactic_detail=RT_SmartSight+Global+Launch+Organic+Campaign_LinkedIn_NA_None

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk