News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:40PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 320
Total: 323

Uniform

Started by Woody00, 15-11-19, 03:39PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody00

Hi

I have a had a job offer for Tesco and I've been given the forms to fill out before induction
I've got to the uniform bit and I'm confused with how much I'm allowed to have?
I'm working 15 hours if that helps.

Thanks

Woody

extrastore

3 shirts, two trousers, two fleece, two name badges for in store. Other depts I am not sure

lucgeo

8-) TWO fleece  ??? Or is that fleeces  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

optout

I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lucgeo

Got it....thinking TWO fleece jackets is the correct grammar, though the amount issued for my old store was ONE fleece...so does that make it a flec  :D

Redshoes

Quote from: Woody00 on 15-11-19, 03:39PM
Hi

I have a had a job offer for Tesco and I've been given the forms to fill out before induction
I've got to the uniform bit and I'm confused with how much I'm allowed to have?
I'm working 15 hours if that helps.

Thanks

Woody

It all depends on how many days you work.

Allocation Part Time 8 hours or below  Part Time 8 – 24.5 hours   Full Time 25 + hours
Tops                       2                                       3                                    5
Warmth Items         1                                       2                                    2
Bottoms                  1                                       2                                   3

Nattienat

If you are a temp in our store they are not having uniform. 

Woody00

Quote from: Nattienat on 16-11-19, 02:47PM

I was a temp last year I was given one. I don't understand why that would be the case.

Me walking in and stacking shelves without one would look strange 😂

lucgeo

I can understand not giving temps full uniform, for the costs, and I always disagreed in them being given used uniform from store..in the colder months, many temps were told to dress in black with white shirts, which wasn't always ideal when they were working in the colder areas, and many didn't either know they could wear a plain black jumper, or have one. I suggested many times, that seasonal and temp colleagues should be supplied with padded waistcoats, when on duty, similar to the bag packing waistcoats they used to provide in the old days...they spend enough money on stupid hats, scruffy t shirts etc. to wear at Christmas, surely more cost effective for rinse and replenish festive/temp waistcoats.

Nattienat

Lucgeo .. yes you right there , ours are not having uniform but the still must wear black and be smart. 
When the xmas tshirt are issued they are asked to wear them ..

Woody00

Are they still getting badges?

Redshoes

We keep back festive tops and any tshirts we get to give to temps. There are some community or charity ones that can be ordered. We also keep back some fleece jackets but ask for them back. We never have enough but it's something.

Long gone

If the company isn't willing to provide you with uniform even if you only work in store 1 week, I'd refuse.

[admin]Switch from third person to first person in such a short pointless post ![/admin]

Redshoes

Good for you Long Gone but assume you are Long gone by your name.
I agree that festive temps should not be given full uniform due to cost. Other temps may just be temps until store told allowed to keep. They can be with us longer so need uniform but they do tend to get, in my store.
I do however think we should have an alternative option. How about "new to the company" tshirts. This tells customers that they are training and these tshirts are cheaper to produce.

lucgeo

T shirts are OK for warmer months, but far from ideal for those working chilled or in and out of the warehouse during the cold months :thumbdown:

penguin

Quote from: lucgeo on 17-11-19, 08:51AM
I can understand not giving temps full uniform, for the costs, and I always disagreed in them being given used uniform from store.

Can I ask what the problem is with people being given used uniform, assuming it has been given run through a washing machine I see no problem with it, in some stores years ago new starters were often given second hand uniform to start with.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

penguin,
Quote"assuming it has been given run through a washing machine"

New starter asks for confirmation in writing that used uniform has been laundered.

Which managers responsibility is it to confirm laundry has indeed taken place, and put their name to such confirmation  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Quote from: penguin on 18-11-19, 02:42PM
I can understand not giving temps full uniform, for the costs, and I always disagreed in them being given used uniform from store.

Can I ask what the problem is with people being given used uniform, assuming it has been given run through a washing machine I see no problem with it, in some stores years ago new starters were often given second hand uniform to start with.

All uniform is supposed to be returned to Dimensions for recycling. Each individual piece of uniform has a bar-code which is scanned when it is returned and resets a colleagues allowance.

CLEARERskies

Quote from: Nattienat on 16-11-19, 02:47PM
I order jackets for the temps, it's too cold in my store not too!

lucgeo

Quote from: penguin on 18-11-19, 02:42PM

This being the same company who are supposed to launder the freezer coats on a regular basis :-X

forrestgimp

Ask for loads of everything they will only give you what you are allowed anyway.

CLEARERskies

Following this, if you're only allowed 3 shirts and 2 fleeces for example it's all you can put in to the website. If you're over your allocation it's just up to whoever does the authorisation for uniform to accept or reject. I personally just accept everything as the uniform is pants and the ladies trousers rip at the sides  8-)

lordadmiral

Holly c**p where is the link to website to order the s*** on tesco website.

Ravvers

I've got loads of Tesco uniform & recently discovered several packs unopened with Tesco trousers in - which are great for golf  - so muddy at the moment I literally wear then get home & chuck in the laundry bin  , I left in the September cull but nobody has asked me for any uniform back , perhaps I should sell it all on ebay  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk