News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

26-04-24, 03:19AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,902
  • Latest: Adrian
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,414
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 746
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 348
Total: 350

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuit tin

First management. Then the rest of the staff. No one will have their own department soon.
Its the Aldi way.

VladPutin

I get paid the same whatever happens. That's all I care about.

lordadmiral

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 28-03-21, 04:18PM
First management. Then the rest of the staff. No one will have their own department soon.
Its the Aldi way.
So maybe now managers will send the most useless employees to do the most demanding jobs so they will taste the real work.

Oh wait it's just a dream. No department system will be used as an excuse to abuse few strongest employees by dumping all work on their shoulders.

keef1894

Quote from: Davethebave on 27-03-21, 09:04PM
Still no date for management change?

Team support are at least getting some money for the change. Don't agree with them having to still do some of the activities listed as "off till activity". If the change was just to move customer, get items and putbacks it wouldn't be as bad

As far as I'm aware team support dont get any extra money, we will be taking on duty manager amongst other things for the same pay

whatajoke2019

Its the Aldi way.

There's an Express store in London on Yammer showing off the new uniform (unsure if it's just a trial or what we're moving onto)-my first thought? Aldi  :D.

penguin

What is the new uniform, any improvement on the current rubbish.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Checkoutboy0926

Quote from: whatajoke2019 on 28-03-21, 08:53PM
Its the Aldi way.

There's an Express store in London on Yammer showing off the new uniform (unsure if it's just a trial or what we're moving onto)-my first thought? Aldi  :D.

How does one actually log into yammer? Can anyone direct me to an appropriate article for this?

VladPutin

Quote from: lordadmiral on 28-03-21, 07:18PM
Its the Aldi way.
So maybe now managers will send the most useless employees to do the most demanding jobs so they will taste the real work.

Oh wait it's just a dream. No department system will be used as an excuse to abuse few strongest employees by dumping all work on their shoulders.

So just do the bare minimum required by contract. GA's aren't paid enough to care.

Cinderella

Quote from: Belleofbelfast on 27-03-21, 03:06PM
I am a team support in a large store .. I don't want to move across to the new service team leader role... am I entitled to the buyout if I step down ?

Yes, you are. This is precisely what the buyout is for!  It's the option I've taken.

I'm surprised people are still in talks... this goes live very soon, and my store deadline for responses has passed.

Twine

I haven't signed yet as my SM has told me no buyout, why the conflicting reports ?

Stubbo

There is no buy out for checkout team support if service team support is going to be in your large store. The only team support getting a buyout or protected pay are small stores who are going to off till activity and dot com who's new role is fulfillment shift leader.

Twine

Why is there no buyout for t/s moving to service t/s, minor changes taking on extra responsibilities and extra departments, surely I should have an option if I don't want these extra departments and responsibilities, can I change the terms of my contract willy nilly like the company do?

I've been told my last meeting is today what happens if I don't sign ? I'm feeling pressured to sign something I don't want to.

londoner83

If you don't want the new role, they will try and persuade you to step down.

Do not agree to voluntarily giving up your current role- instead put the ball in their court.

Sallycin35

I am a team support in an extra, they have told me i have no option but to take the new job. I phoned legal plus and found out more from them in a 5 minute phone call than i have in 3 meetings,this is a voluntary move don't let them push you into a job you don't want. Tesco are taking all the feedback from staff and are now in talks with the union,  there is no deadline. Hope this helps.

beentheredoneit

beentheredoneit

trivi

My girlfriend works checkout team suppprt in a store that's changing to services team support,she's only had the one meeting where she was told about the change in job title. Is this right?

Cinderella

I turned down the role, was given my buy out figure, my payment date and weekly meetings to discuss it - and today I get a phone call saying it's all been a big mistake and I don't get the money and HAVE TO start the role I turned down on the 12th????

Stubbo

It is right that there is no money but you do not have to accept the new role.

letmego

Apologies if this has already been asked but what is the outcome for a manager not agreeing to the changes?

whatajoke2019

Quote from: penguin on 28-03-21, 09:26PM
What is the new uniform, any improvement on the current rubbish.

I know the current uniform isn't highly rated but the new one is far worse.

@Checkoutboy0926 if you visit Yammer online you'll need your .com log in (like you'd use for training etc) and it's relatively straight forward. If it says a message about needing a licence it's a call to Stores Helpd3sk I'm afraid.

Anyway, won't say too much more as I'm veering off topic here  :(

NightAndDay

Quote from: triviup on 29-03-21, 04:06PM
My girlfriend works checkout team suppprt in a store that's changing to services team support,she's only had the one meeting where she was told about the change in job title. Is this right?

If the TS role has additional responsibilities as a result of the structure change on top of what is already defined then it is in essence a new job and your old role redundant then they can't force you to sign the new contract, if they dismiss you for refusing to sign, you would likely have a claim for unfair dismissal.

All that Tesco is doing is saving on cost, they're avoiding redundancy payouts as much as possible (natural wastage as opposed to redundancy and forcing TS to sign the contract.) If you are a member of the union, I suggest you get legal advice from them, specifically around redundancy and these "soft structure changes" they may or may not be aware of, if possible use a union solicitor, chances are the Managers are trying to stitch everyone up.

Davethebave

I've been told today that the management restructure has been put on hold for the meantime. No roles to move to generic team manager or colleagues to be split up. Anyone else had this info?

streaker

Have you been officially told this, or is it just rumours???

blooblah12

Quote from: Cinderella on 29-03-21, 06:05PM
I turned down the role, was given my buy out figure, my payment date and weekly meetings to discuss it - and today I get a phone call saying it's all been a big mistake and I don't get the money and HAVE TO start the role I turned down on the 12th????

Yes, you do. Whoever you were speaking to has made a big mistake because only DotCom Team Supports are entitled to a payout. They clearly didn't get the briefing about this difference and were only corrected recently. Checkout ones aren't and there technically isn't a way for them to just "step down" without them finding the job themseves and applying normally. But to answer your question no, no pay out if you're a Checkout TS.

Davethebave

Officially told that it's on hold. Store manager has said they have been told to do nothing with the managers changes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk