News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

16-04-24, 04:43PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,343
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 126
Total: 130

Bad Weather - Attendance

Started by scours81, 26-02-18, 03:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Pope

Most colleagues have not taken advantage of this today most colleagues will not of been told in advance, most colleagues are open, honest, hard working . Not seen anything around this being carried on for the weekend yet

Ascott83

I have just been informed that staff that were off due to weather have been paid. How is this fair to those of us that had to brave the extreme weather and walk our way into work? Some of us had an hour plus walk to work.! I think maybe some sort of extra cash bonus for us that went in is fair. Otherwise next time I certainly wont make the effort. I'm disgusted at this. I know for a fact many that didnt turn up just didn't want the walk.

FatFraz

Public transport was off and some staff couldn't even be bothered walking 10 mins to get to work.

Pathfinder

If there is an amber or red warning then staff will be paid if they can't get to work this also applys if the store has been closed , staff will be paid .

lucgeo

Ascott83

You always get the few, who take advantage of a goodwill gesture and ruin it for everybody else :-X

"You can't do right, for doing wrong" comes to mind.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Preacherpauly

Quote from: Ascott83 on 03-03-18, 07:37AM
I have just been informed that staff that were off due to weather have been paid. How is this fair to those of us that had to brave the extreme weather and walk our way into work? Some of us had an hour plus walk to work.! I think maybe some sort of extra cash bonus for us that went in is fair. Otherwise next time I certainly wont make the effort. I'm disgusted at this. I know for a fact many that didnt turn up just didn't want the walk.

If it is true then I will be asking my manager who let us go home early why hes telling me to make up the hours if every person who couldnt get in will get paid.

Im going to make sure I get paid for both days when i clocked out early.

VladPutin

Quote from: Ascott83 on 03-03-18, 07:37AM

Same in my store. They must have told the managers, as most of the lazy buggers stayed home on full pay. The real workers, many of whom had to walk through blizzards and deep snow to reach the store, didn't even get a thank you. >:(

wishicouldgo

Where can the info be found as i know our store will try and get out of paying,
I did not go in as i could not get car off drive and the 2 mile walk on crutches is not realistic so opted to take unpaid no mention from managers about company issuing instructions to pay our weather warning was amber.

spike_pkh

Still not seen any official comms about being paid so seems unlikely

VladPutin

Confirmed in my store by the SM, who is not very popular with the real workers at the moment >:(

Equalizer87

Tesco would rather see you risk your life getting to work and still discipline you for it when it's not a viable thing to do.

If you can't get to work then you can't.  Tell them to complain to God if they're not happy about it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

penguin

Complain to God, but don't most Tesco store managers think themselves above the Lord anyway.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Totot

Stick and carrot the other way around......again, typical tesco management.  If this really happened, let see next time we have snow, i wouldnt bother to walk to work in a chaotic shop that got not enough staff.....because of the snow.

Welshie

A little off topic ,my area has not been affected by the snow at all but reading the news on-line , it would have you believe in some places shops are sitting empty either due to no deliveries or panic buying . Is it that bad in places ?
And if deliveries can't get through surely it would be understandable that some staff wouldn't be able to get to work .

mrblobby

Quote from: Welshie on 04-03-18, 09:17AM
A little off topic ,my area has not been affected by the snow at all but reading the news on-line , it would have you believe in some places shops are sitting empty either due to no deliveries or panic buying . Is it that bad in places ?
And if deliveries can't get through surely it would be understandable that some staff wouldn't be able to get to work .
Yes - and snow is random as it depends on where the winds blowing. You could have 5 foot snow in one road and a mile away no snow, so without inspecting or living next door to someone's house no one has the right to question if someone is saying they can't get in due to ice or snow. People can take it as a days holiday which is paid , or unpaid , can't get fairer than that.

Walker

It was harsh in my area because a lot of our staff come in from long distances and because our scissor lift broke ( because it froze) meaning our main fresh delivery failed the first day of snow.

I worked the bread two days ago.Literally  wiped out our entire backstock and delivery by 2pm even though delivery was larger than normal. Never seen shelves so empty. Worse than when I worked bread in Christmas week.

(I am in Kent so our shop isn't even in the worst affected areas)

Cuddlypup

Not in an area that badly affected by snow but our store was a complete shambles. 10% of Staff never turned up Friday and Saturday. Shelves were completely empty by 3 yesterday. Worst mess was .com, cancelled all orders yesterday, totally understandable as some of the routes will have been bad but also cancelled orders being collected from store despite having 30+ pickers and 8 drivers in store, but even worse they never informed the customers who were arriving all day to collect their orders AND they still took payment from customers bank accounts, you would actually think they were trying to loose customers absoulete idiots😡

Welshie

And no doubt be 3-5days till refund in their account . That Is bad !

Equalizer87

Store near is running a day behind on deliveries  and those aren't turning up until 30 minutes before the staff leave. Add to that lack of staff due to the weather, job 14 is non existent,  waste piling up and shelf on certain areas are bare. Absolute shambles. And this is an inner city Metro.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Welshie

It sounds awful . I'm just home from 2weeks holiday have heard we're short of some fruit and veg but that's it . Will there be a knock on effect for a few days , if stuff not getting to distribution will that affect stores for a while or is it getting to distribution and just not making it to stores??

grim up north

Bit of both welshie. We have 100 trailers loaded waiting to go to store but no drivers to take them. Should start getting better now the weather is improving

VladPutin

Our DC can barely deliver on time in good weather. It will take at least a week to sort out this abortion.

Not helped by all the idiot punters panic-buying everything they can get their hands on, of course. It's not the Apocalypse, you pathetic morons. You don't actually need a dozen two pint cartons of milk and fifteen loaves of bread 8-)

grim up north

It makes you wonder what would happen if we actually had some real bad weather

lucgeo

Well I just used it as an excuse to use up all the left over dribs and drabs from Xmas etc....in the freezer. Told the other half shelves empty by end of my shift ;) ;)

Amazing what you find in the dark recesses of long forgotten meals been made up and frozen from leftovers.. So far this week we've had lamb stew...beef casserole....today turkey breasts in gravy ...followed by Christmas pud from the back of the cupboard and brandy sauce....tonight bit of a mish mash buffet.... c**ktail sausage rolls...pizza...bits of .party food...using the lot up and even invited some of the tribe around.

Plus we've both noticed we don't feel so bloated, from not having bread with our meals ???

Best bit being, no big shop bill this week..so we're treating ourselves to a cinema trip and meal out  on our day off next week....win win  ;) ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

Why does it take something like this to encourage you to eat up your leftovers?  We have a small food recycling caddy where I live but I hardly have anything to put in it apart from bones picked clean and the odd mouldy crust of bread every few weeks.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk