News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:00PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Forged and outdated notes

Started by taliahad, 20-04-21, 03:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taliahad

Hi, Our store has taken a couple of fake and outdated notes, by mistake obviously.  Our manager has decided to inform her team via a group whattsApp message group, she's posted photos of the offending notes accompanied by a picture of the till lift receipt which obviously has the sign on number of the person who did the lift.  This is not necessarily the same person who took the money.  I don't feel that this is appropriate, it's attaching someone's name to the error, I'm one of those people but I know that I did not take the note in question, I found it and informed the manager, but I've had several people come up to me and tell me that I've taken a forged note.  Nobody has been spoken to in private, or face to face as yet, everything has been done on this group chat.  I don't think that this is the way to do things and would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.  Thank you

Rad

It's a breach of gdpr.
It's not living the values.

Davethebave

As a company we aren't supposed to use WhatsApp, so having the group to begin with is wrong as it leads to situations like this.

You should approach your manager, ask them to delete the message and potentially the group aswell

Rad

Yeah, also a breach of social media policy

taliahad

Thank you, excuse my ignorance but what's gdpr?  This method of using whatsapp seems very unusual, I don't want to be part of it but it's where the overtime is posted and I occasionally want some of that, so that's why I've kept it so far.  Is there any source I could quote for regarding her not being allowed to use whattsapp? 

BlueToon

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from individuals.

whatajoke2019

TM in question clearly hasn't paid any attention whatsoever to the Information Security training we've done in the past as well as the one that's landed just recently on C+L.

TM should've spoken to those who used the till in question that day, alone and in private-not to point the finger at just one person and say "it was you!!!" but just make everyone aware of what had happened.

But... the logic seems to be  share it on WhatsApp and have colleagues (unfairly) accuse others  ???.

NightAndDay

Quote from: BlueToon on 20-04-21, 08:25PM
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from individuals.

Now the UK has left the EU, the UK's implementation of GDPR  is now the Data Protection act 2018, though GDPR still is used when we talk about data controller and data processor status when EU member states are involved outside that jurisdiction.

dirty-donkey

That is pretty disgusting.
The weak and spineless like to name and shame.
Unfortunately it is not just digital media.
Over the years the badged shaved chimps my store have had a fascination for writing things on whiteboards, (yes! they can actually write!!) usually on a board hanging in the back corridor, for all to see.

Viz-
Dot Com pickers, last and first names, with those who are under the pick target in red, bold, underlined, with a sad face next to them.
Top five pickers in Green, bold, with little red hearts next to the name! wow!
Pathetic and childish.

Checkout operators names and badge number with IDQ and thruput numbers with a line at the target level.

Best of all-
Sick call board, last name, first name, department and reason for absence and expected time off.
Reasons including - 'Women's problems' - 'Couldn't be bothered' 'Hungover' '???' and 'dioreha'
(and you thought all Tosco managers were medically trained, or could at least spell what they speak!!)

Add to this holiday rotas, shift plans, etc.

Get this idiot reported, a grievance at area level not store level so they can bury it, and the groupchat deleted and closed down.
you can't trust these idiots with a blunt pencil never mind a smartphone.

King1999

Recent harassment training ....... I just wonder how wide open this company is making itself.

forrestgimp

The company, not at all. Individual employees, quite likely.

taliahad

Hi and thank you all for your replies, I'm glad that nobody thinks that I'm over reacting.  I don't think she should be using whattsapp for this kind of communication, especially as the alerts often come through out of our working hours and posting pictures of fake notes with our till lifts attached isn't on.  I did speak to one of our better managers today and he advised me to write a letter of grievance to our deputy manager, who also seems to stand in for HR and copy our store manager in too.  This is not the first issue that I've had with my manager, her previous two reviews were bullying and I made complaints about them but they seem to have gone nowhere.  Can I ask if anyone knows how the grievance procedure will pan out?  I've never done this before.  Thank you all. 

forrestgimp

So long as its in writing they will have to follow up on it, If you put it in as bullying or harassment it cant be brushed under the carpet by your instore SM either.

Omg1

Put in a formal complaint and also raise the issue of what's app accounts . I know that managers and regional managers use them so set the ball rolling into why they use them . It's bullying and harassment

Spidercatcher

Quote from: dirty-donkey on 20-04-21, 10:54PM
That is pretty disgusting.
The weak and spineless like to name and shame.
Unfortunately it is not just digital media.
Over the years the badged shaved chimps my store have had a fascination for writing things on whiteboards, (yes! they can actually write!!) usually on a board hanging in the back corridor, for all to see.

Viz-
Dot Com pickers, last and first names, with those who are under the pick target in red, bold, underlined, with a sad face next to them.
Top five pickers in Green, bold, with little red hearts next to the name! wow!

Pathetic and childish.

Checkout operators names and badge number with IDQ and thruput numbers with a line at the target level.

Best of all-
Sick call board, last name, first name, department and reason for absence and expected time off.
Reasons including - 'Women's problems' - 'Couldn't be bothered' 'Hungover' '???' and 'dioreha'

MOTHER OF GOD!  (yes, Line of Duty fan here ... )  Does this really happen?  Especially the 'women's problems'/'couldn't be bothered' and 'dioreha'.  Is this still happening? Wow. So much for Dignity in Work ...

dirty-donkey

Spidercatcher - MOTHER OF GOD INDEED!
maybe not so much on the whiteboards these days, I used to wipe the sick board clean when I came in.  Think they got the message, eventually.
But our fresh team do not get offered overtime if they are not on the group chat. also they are excluded from all the team gossip and team5 info,
They are also not only allowed but actively encouraged to use the group-chat for sick calls and lateness, request shift changes etc.
No app, get ostracised.
By the way the emoji that appeared in the middle of my last post was supposed to be three question marks,
I assume the manager recording the sick call was illiterate.
Other sick reasons 'Stress' 'Depression' 'left husband' and my favourite 'Tripped over cat'
No privacy, no dignity.

I think the point here, and no disrespect to OP taliahad and sorry for the hijack, is it is not just digital misuse of info and data, it is a complete incompetent mishandling and disrespect of our privacy. Anyone want a look of our store Covid Tracker?
I've seen it.

And before the usual apologists start chiming in with the - managers soooo busy, only human, anyone can make a mistake blah blah - NO if you are paid to do a job, and are happy to take the money (and your perceived kudos that Tosco managers seem to think they have, Lol!) take the responsibility as well.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out taliahad and please keep us up to date.

taliahad

Once again, thank you all for your replies.  to be honest, if this was the only issue that I and others have had with this manager, I would probably not be making such a fuss about it but it isn't the only issue I've had with her.  My two reviews with her were just a complete onslaught of criticism and I don't believe that any of it was justified. I know this is only Tesco, it's a wind down job, part time job but nevertheless, it's become a toxic place to work because nobody works well if they're constantly criticized.  I'm not the only one who has had issues with this manager, another colleague was bullied so much, she moved departments.  It is a shame.  I will let you know how I get on and hopefully anyone else who is bullied will read the thread and be encouraged to challenge it. 

NightAndDay

Quote from: dirty-donkey on 22-04-21, 08:13AM
Spidercatcher - MOTHER OF GOD INDEED!
maybe not so much on the whiteboards these days, I used to wipe the sick board clean when I came in.  Think they got the message, eventually.
But our fresh team do not get offered overtime if they are not on the group chat. also they are excluded from all the team gossip and team5 info,
They are also not only allowed but actively encouraged to use the group-chat for sick calls and lateness, request shift changes etc.
No app, get ostracised.
By the way the emoji that appeared in the middle of my last post was supposed to be three question marks,
I assume the manager recording the sick call was illiterate.
Other sick reasons 'Stress' 'Depression' 'left husband' and my favourite 'Tripped over cat'
No privacy, no dignity.

I think the point here, and no disrespect to OP taliahad and sorry for the hijack, is it is not just digital misuse of info and data, it is a complete incompetent mishandling and disrespect of our privacy. Anyone want a look of our store Covid Tracker?
I've seen it.

And before the usual apologists start chiming in with the - managers soooo busy, only human, anyone can make a mistake blah blah - NO if you are paid to do a job, and are happy to take the money (and your perceived kudos that Tosco managers seem to think they have, Lol!) take the responsibility as well.

I sincerely hope you get this sorted out taliahad and please keep us up to date.

Reasons for sickness related calls are also supposed to be confidential, this is Tesco though, it's impossible to fire managers there unless they're complete ding dongs.

taliahad

Regarding the above post about the humiliation of the public postings about sickness, timings etc, what on earth are the union doing about it? 

dirty-donkey

Taliahad - the union are doing what they do about every other issue - bending over and pretending not to cry when it hurts.
Our one rep is a brown noser who freely admits he is only in it for the jollies. Only ever helps his 'pals'.
I'm sure if someone took it up to area something might get done but Tosco staff are somewhat apathetic, or rather beaten down.

NightAndDay, Yes supposed to be confidential, but like the Protector line, lip service only. Gossip outways protocol.
Dont get me wrong, we have had a few good managers who tried to do a good job in spite of the company, and I'm sure the majority of reps are decent hard working folks within a poor and inept union.

taliahad

Well, I've written a letter and printed off copies of the relevant messages.  I can't for the life of me understand why the manager felt that she had to post pictures of the fake and outdated notes, let alone with the pick up slips alongside and didn't even have the brains to cross out the operators name and number.  Thinking ahead, if a new manager takes over the department and joins the whattsapp group and scrolls back through the messages, he or she will probably assume that I take false notes.  It isn't right although I think my issue pales into significance compared to Dirty-donkey's examples.  They took my breath away.  Thanks again for your replies.   

Batmanjo

Quote from: taliahad on 22-04-21, 08:59AM
Once again, thank you all for your replies.  to be honest, if this was the only issue that I and others have had with this manager, I would probably not be making such a fuss about it but it isn't the only issue I've had with her.  My two reviews with her were just a complete onslaught of criticism and I don't believe that any of it was justified. I know this is only Tesco, it's a wind down job, part time job but nevertheless, it's become a toxic place to work because nobody works well if they're constantly criticized.  I'm not the only one who has had issues with this manager, another colleague was bullied so much, she moved departments.  It is a shame.  I will let you know how I get on and hopefully anyone else who is bullied will read the thread and be encouraged to challenge it.

I have challenged them ! they all stick together it's only when it goes legal and then into the public domain is when they will scapegoat some managers to make themselves look as if they really care, I'm with ACAS at the moment to be followed by Legal and then I think it will make me elated and Jesus. Mary.Joseph and the little donkey am I going to enjoy the public domain. As for her WhatsApp I would contemplate shoving her mobile up her orifice and telling her she has been removed from the group and permanently blocked.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk