Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

08-05-24, 06:42PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,903
  • Latest: imprint
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,483
  • Total Topics: 644
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 367
Total: 372

Booking holidays online, has anyone manage it yet?

Started by redeo, 07-06-23, 11:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renown

Looks like it's back up and running. 2025 holidays submitted online, awaiting approval.

Millie

Quote from: renown on 03-04-24, 08:11AMLooks like it's back up and running. 2025 holidays submitted online, awaiting approval.
It's only accepting up to October 2025. Nothing beyond that ?

Teraza51

[quote author=renown link=msg=263490
Looks like it's back up and running. 2025 holidays submitted online, awaiting approval.
On mine and other colleagues the app isn't working correctly. We are unable to book anything passed September so the manager is declining anyone who tries booking holidays

Teraza51

Quote from: renown on 03-04-24, 08:11AMLooks like it's back up and running. 2025 holidays submitted online, awaiting approval.
I would check to see if they are requested as mine said they were sent but didn't show up in the requests section

Teraza51

Quote from: renown on 03-04-24, 08:11AMLooks like it's back up and running. 2025 holidays submitted online, awaiting approval
To be on safe side try checking in requests section to make sure they have gone through as app isn't working correctly. It shows as going through to manager but doesn't show up on the app in the requests section

BritishRacingGreen

Just booked up until January '26. I'll check when I go into work later that they've been received.

Millie

Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 03-04-24, 09:41AMJust booked up until January '26. I'll check when I go into work later that they've been received.
On the app ? As it's unavailable past beginning of October 2025

BritishRacingGreen

Yep - showing upto January 8th '26 on my phone. Maybe not fully updated on all devices.
Luckily that was a week I wanted to book 🙂

BritishRacingGreen

All showing now in Requests - all showing now in summary with hours remaining to be booked.

Cookie

I have up to October...... what a c**k up !!!!

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 03-04-24, 11:43AMAll showing now in Requests - all showing now in summary with hours remaining to be booked.
All confirmed and authorised on calendar

Kidder

I have up to October only not sure why.  >:(

BritishRacingGreen

I now have upto March 31st '26.
I don't know - is it different browsers, phones?
My phone is Android, I use Chrome. I'm on O2.

BritishRacingGreen

Forgot - internet provider - BT - decent download speed - not cable. I don't do fancy 🙂

jamietit

Has anyone managed to book personal day for 2025-26 for December have opened ticket to see what is happening

jamietit

Seems to have a technical fault like the holidays the other day they said they are trying to fix it

Cookie

My store has not allowed any holidays over Easter, Christmas or New Year. You have to personally ask SM to approve. Is this the same for your store??????

oldfashionedplayer

Holidays can be restricted however not banned, they can restrict the amount of people off so its minimal  when its a busy trading like the periods you mentioned however there is no complete ban on these days, its first come first serve, holiday policy says it too about restriction but there is No complete ban on any days.

so be raising a complaint with your managers regarding this and if need be make a ticket asking about it cause you'll definitely get the answer of "No Ban, only restrict amount, first come first serve, 7 day rule" and managers will usually get a telling off too from it as mine tend to with the stuff i raise lol.

Duff McKagan

I had a store manager who told me I had to tell him in writing why I wanted a week's holiday in December and then he would decide if I could have it so I told him I'd be happy to oblige him just as soon as he put it in writing why I needed to since nobody else had booked the same week...needless to say he didn't get his letter and I got my holiday.

jamietit

We have been told no one can request holidays at Christmas too plus you can't book personal day now for next year they said As the personal day works as a separate allowance from the standard holidays, this day is not released in advance in the same way.

oldfashionedplayer

it is released in the same way.. what a stupid thing... ??? literally booked my personal day on the 1st, along with 2 other colleagues, just had 2 dotcom request theirs on friday and be approved it too when checking with them this morning.

taken from the "My Tesco Enhancements 2 Rollout FAQs"

Q. Can we make certain dates unavailable for colleagues to book e.g. Easter week?
A. The policy is not changing and there will be no dates made unavailable for colleagues to book. Seasonal times should be
managed as they are now in line with holiday targets.

same for the policy, it says restrict, but not ban.. so hand in a form with a lets talk if need be so theres documentation on it, and see how quickly it changes if you get refused again by quoting the policy and stating you'd like them to take it further by providing relevant information from colleague help and official communication about a complete ban...

Quickest way for a manager to back down is having it in writing they've done somethng they shoudn't be lol. there is absolutely Zero reason anyone can be refused it at any point of the year if they are the first person to request it. colleague help can easily check to see too of when stuff was requested on this system (supposed to be a fairer way too).

so unless people already have it off and thats why its refused, theres zero reason, only other way to get off would be to hand in form (without already handing it), and hope its past the 7 days so you get it (though new system makes that difficult, hence the paper approach). OR its always busy at that time of year so its a you scratch my back i'll scratch yours situation to get your days.

jamietit

Did you book you personal day online for 2025/26 ?

oldfashionedplayer

yep, i have all mine booked, like i said i did them by form, so my manager put them on the system since it works for them, I typically book them all at once and since my hours make just under half a shift left i request that holiday is used and rest is unpaid so saves me just going in for like 4 and half hours with a break included as previously I'd get the rounded up version on the old system.

so that's how I do mine all the time I booked my unpaid and part for early 2025 and my personal day is used on my last holiday in 2026.

jamietit

Thanks for your help our store won't except paper requests it has to be done online .when you request Christmas they are declined and says not excepting holidays for Christmas.online it won't let you book your personal day 2025/26 they say it now doesn't open on 1st April anymore and that they don't know when it will open to staff

jamietit

The question and answer that you have confirming that dates can't be made unavailable for Easter/christmas  do you have a link please

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk