News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 291
Total: 295

Christmas jumpers question

Started by person7, 11-12-20, 02:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic

person7

OK so worked for THEM 2 and half years now.

Every year I and maybe Christmas temps are the only ones who still where standard uniform. Everyone else has te5co brand Christmas jumpers. How do I get one as I feel out of place and unchristmasy.

You buy one like everybody else

lordadmiral

Really???!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i have no words

VladPutin

Majority of GA's on Fresh in my store wear standard uniform; you're moving about so much that Christmas sweaters live up to their name.  8-)Managers, till staff, pickers etc wear the sweaters.

Siwel123

If you want something Xmas like, ask for the free shirt they give to temps.
Otherwise you will have to buy a sweater like everyone else does, either from Tesco where you get a discount or some other shop of your choosing

gomezz

Not much use us dot com drivers wearing any festive or promotional tops as they are always covered up with the hi-viz.  But I still have the Santa hat with flashing lights they gave us many years ago (new battery required).   ;D
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

person7

Quote from: 5050 on 11-12-20, 06:13PM
You buy one like everybody else

And where do I buy a te5co branded Christmas jumper with the logo as unless it's a tesco one you can't wear your own.

They all look the same with the logo at our store

person7

Quote from: Siwel123 on 11-12-20, 11:38PM
If you want something Xmas like, ask for the free shirt they give to temps.
Otherwise you will have to buy a sweater like everyone else does, either from Tesco where you get a discount or some other shop of your choosing

None of my colleagues has to pay for their Tesco Xmas jumpers.  My colleague in my department said they were given it 3 years ago before I started.  The managers all have one style and the workers have another style.

And for some reason the badge "pin" area is on the other side of the Christmas uniform lol with the Tesco logo on the other other side.

person7

Quote from: lordadmiral on 11-12-20, 09:30PM
Really???!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i have no words

Why not? Everyone else has their Tesco Christmas uniform with the logo given free to them why shouldn't I ask?  I'd wear my own but it has to be Tesco brand aka with the logo like everyone else is wearing.

Welshie

They do not have to be Tesco ones , any Christmas jumper is allowed .

BUY TESLA STOCK

Wear what you want when you try to order uniform the system doesn’t work. The combats don’t last long before they are worn and the fleeces zips break as soon as you take them out the bag. New starters don’t get uniform for months.

person 7
Have you asked? Maybe they thought you weren't bothered.

None of my Christmas Jumpers are Company ones.
The colleagues on clothing wear Company ones but they are each authorised one jumper and is really to showcase the brand.
You could even buy them from the uniform ordering site if you're that bothered.   
In my store the Company T-shirts were given to the Christmas temps first then if any were left over given out on a first come first served basis.
If you're that bothered why don't you buy some in the January sales.

Fixxer

Quote from: Welshie on 13-12-20, 02:00PM

Not quite 'any'
For the first time this year we had a note pass down from the Lead Managers that although generic Christmas jumpers could be worn, in the interests of avoiding controversy or association they wouldn't be allowing any jumpers with film quotes, pop culture, any take on copywrited material or amusing slogans. Generic Christmas Trees, snowflakes and snowmen etc.

Sounds like different stores have different rules. Unless it promotes another company, is rude or contains swearing, etc, we are allowed to wear anything Xmassy.

VladPutin

The only piece of kit I'll spend my own money on is shoes. If Tesco want me to wear a Xmas jumper, they can buy one for me.

Spidercatcher

Quote from: 80377494 on 14-12-20, 10:06AM
Sounds like different stores have different rules. Unless it promotes another company, is rude or contains swearing, etc, we are allowed to wear anything Xmassy.

You mean something like  ... Every Lidl Helps ?   ;)

Mr Brightside 24

You'll probably get some people moaning about all the snowmen being white ☃️🤦🏻‍â™,️

lackofinterest

person7

Quote from: Welshie on 13-12-20, 02:00PM

My store is all branded/logo ones so I thought it had to be their branded one? Not seen anyone wear their own before lol. Asked my. Manager and he said he didn't know but will find out as "there's specific rules to what you can and can't wear"

Cbatt566

I’m temping. Not been given uniform apart from a Tesco jacket. I just wear jeans and trainers

pitdiver

I worked for Tesco for 8 years. I have NEVER seen a Tesco branded jumper with a logo on. We used to get the red T Shirts if we wanted one but I had my own Christmas Jumpers that I used to wear.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk