News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,123
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 289
Total: 293

Dot Com Accidents

Started by I.AM_a driver, 22-12-06, 07:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZyDer

I recently had an extremely minor accident in a van - I reversed into someone's garage and move a couple of tiles - no damage to the van.

Do I have to declare this to my car insurance?

Nomad

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flying-crates-tesco-delivery-van-12807513

I considered whether it was fair to the driver to place this (with video) on here, but then realised VLH is unlikely to increased the video audience much considering it is in/on The Daily Mirror.

May just be a timely reminder to other drivers, we are however all capable of a moment of distraction or slip.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5962733/Tesco-offers-devastated-family-250-smirking-delivery-driver-runs-18-year-old-cat.html

QuoteTesco offers devastated family £250 after 'smirking' delivery driver runs over sleeping 18-year-old cat Bonnie then said he thought it was 'roadkill'

For my own curiosity, is it still the case that 'legally' you are required to notify police if you collide/injure a dog, but not if a cat ?  I'm fairly sure it was to do with dogs being licensed where cats were not.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

JL

If you hit a dog you are meant to report it I hit a horse once that escaped a field.

fatboy

I think your correct nomads. As far as I'm told you don't have to report hitting a cat.

helpme

You're right Nomad, you own a dog but keep a cat. The other side of the coin is that if your dog goes next door and destroys their garden you have to pay for it however there is no comeback if your cat does it.

mexicopete

Quote from: Nomad on 29-06-18, 10:37AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/flying-crates-tesco-delivery-van-12807513

I considered whether it was fair to the driver to place this (with video) on here, but then realised VLH is unlikely to increased the video audience much considering it is in/on The Daily Mirror.

May just be a timely reminder to other drivers, we are however all capable of a moment of distraction or slip.
It's a good job there was no wine in those blue trays... they are from the wine club and normally come in a box of six bottles per tray.
The worlds me lobster

daveyp

no its from a dark store they use a different tray than normal from videos and photos

Stevil

Seems to be from the Enfield hub, as for a different tray it's the same as we currently use in our store, all blue for us.

gomezz

Following Dirty Traygate all our old green trays were swapped out for new blue trays.  But recently had a load of shrink-wrapped old green trays returned to our store, presumably having been deep-cleaned.  Have they hell! They are filthy!
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Could be worse you could have delivery cages to work that someone has clearly been sick all over.

Jimmer

Does anyone know who can view the dash cam footage?

fatboy

Anyone from the dotcom manager and above can request to see footage at any time.

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

StoreManager

:( A 3 year old on a skateboard.

Nomad

https://metro.co.uk/2020/02/14/cyclist-knocked-off-bike-tesco-van-turned-cycle-lane-12238059/

"Video has emerged of the moment a cyclist was slammed to the ground by a Tesco delivery driver who turned left across a painted cycle lane. The dramatic footage, shot on a helmet cam, shows the delivery van pulling up alongside the cyclist using a blue cycleway in Vauxhall, London. He indicated and immediately turns into a side road and the path of the cyclist, knocking him from his bike in a painful collision."
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

gomezz

It is not clear if it *was* a Tesco driver as he was not wearing uniform.  Could have been a mechanic  return the van after a service perhaps?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

fatboy

Spot on Gomez. The article says the person wouldn't confirm who was driving. Had it been a Tesco driver in the van it would have been obvious from the allocation sheet.

AlexW

It was a Tesco driver, you can see what appears to be Tesco issue cargo trousers as well as the Tesco merchandising gloves.

Tesco identified the driver via the allocation sheet/log book and passed the relevant information onto the police. However, all that proves is he was the one to sign out the van and leave the yard with it, not that he was the one driving at the time of the accident. No video exists showing him in the drivers seat, only him getting out of the passenger side. As far as I'm aware, none of the riders saw him driving, or could identify him beyond reasonable doubt as the driver. The police weren't called to the scene at the time (as far as I'm aware) so were unable to establish who the driver was themselves at the time. As such, they need to rely on witnesses and evidence to prove who it was. They identified him from Tesco, but required him to admit to be the driver due to a lack of solid evidence. As he refused to do so, he was required to identify who the driver actually was at the time, which he refused to do. So he was charged with failing to identify the driver, and given six points, a £300 fine and £332 in costs, which is probably more than he would've got had he admitted it to be honest.

To those that think that's wrong, and the allocation sheet is proof enough, try this. Driver does his van checks, signs out in the book, leaves the yard. Gets to his first drop, doesn't feel well, doesn't want to lose money due to sickness, calls mate up and asks to meet so his mate can drive while he sits in the passenger seat. Completely against company policy, enough for gross misconduct and instant dismissal. Probably complete nonsense, but enough to create doubt as to whether or not he was the driver at the time.

Cleanuponaisle5

Hi people I'm new to the forum I have a question or a topic I really need to post but I can't seem to figure out the process of doing so no buttons showing followed the instructions not visible, my question is has any one else's managers told them if they worked Easter Bank Holiday Monday or Friday that they have been double paid and Tesco are going to take it back from this months pay ? If so could any one reply as starting to think this is a dep problem not across the whole of Tesco like managers are being scripted to say.

[admin]Welcome to VLH. Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits here you will find all the info you need.[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk