Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 12:14PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,432
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 590
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 587
Total: 588

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfo

go toUSDAW website for contact number for your area _ or  0800 030 80 30 and they will put you through apparently - I rand London office and cancelled over the phone -make sure you have your membership number

cezza

cezza

Can it still be done if you don't have your usdaw number

sfo

probably - ring and ask - they should be able to do it by your name I imagine

cezza

cezza

All Cancelled hope everyone does the same

claden

As tempting as it is to cancel my usdaw membership you never know when you might need them one of my colleagues was sacked our AO appealed the decision and she was reinstated so they have their uses.

Thumper

Anyone received a letter yet? Be interesting to see the c**p they spin us ...

his scots tie

No nothing yet.Havent got me payday booklet yet either.Sure to be a coupon for 50p of something in there plus double discount,oh the savings.Have only got to try to make up £60 per month loss after all.

Liljo104

Not had a letter. Think it's  been a shambles, they can't even notify us by the due date they said

sfo

Yep 2 days before a pay cut and even usdaw the fools that "negotiated" can't explain what's happening

Hammer10

This company needs to be looked into they cannot keep treating staff the way they do if you are meant to get a letter on a certain date you should get it if we have not received our letter by Saturday then the pay cut should not happen .

Vanilla

Quote from: claden on 29-06-18, 10:12AM
As tempting as it is to cancel my usdaw membership you never know when you might need them one of my colleagues was sacked our AO appealed the decision and she was reinstated so they have their uses.

You don't have to be a member USDAW, I've never been a member but recently joined Unite - as i could foresee turbulance ahead.
Indeed, recently had a disciplinary and took Unite in with me - the Unite rep was fantastic.
I don't mind Tosco throwing the book at me, as long as its within the law - and thats what i've got Unite for, to pick up Tosco on any employment law slip-ups

flowerpower

This is ridiculous Sun July first.  If we are not one way or the other surely we have a grievance with the company and useless union will have to do something flood them with emails . I know it's a Sunday and it's going to be a nice day but we all work Sun any way.

Eewyn

Letters arrived in store yesterday 28/06. They aren't going to your home address. Team managers will brief effected colleagues one to one.

Littlehelpsvery

Only 6 colleagues effected overall in a store with 400 staff. The managers who work Sunday overtime have a decent pay off tho!!

hot_chick

So there is no letter for me i asked and only 3 staff members effected! So no letter means no payout!

Witch69

Does anybody know how they are working it out then.  I only work a few hours on a Sunday evening into Monday  morning

kaled78

Quote from: 123ttt on 29-06-18, 05:23PM
Only 6 colleagues effected overall in a store with 400 staff. The managers who work Sunday overtime have a decent pay off tho!!

how can the managers get a payout already?????,they are still on time and a half until september,and the rest of their paydeal has not been announced fully yet

notsofunny

Who told you that managers have had a pay off ? and if so what do you call a decent payoff ?

Red75

I did think that everyone who was contracted to Sundays would receive a letter - detailing their new rates of pay - at least in the interest of transparency. In all of the literature I've seen which relates to this pay rise, the only prominent thing is the 10.5% and the timing of the increases. There is little or no mention of how Sunday workers may, or as it turns out in most cases may not be, compensated for the loss of Sunday premium and reduction in wages in the second year of the pay deal.
The only mention I've seen is that those who will be worse off will be contacted at the end of June and 97% of staff will be better off under the new deal.
As a customer assistant I feel as if those high up at Tesco view us simply as an expense to be minimised.
I really do not wish to work hard for this company or these people.
We get endless c**p about all the good Tesco do for the environment, reducing waste and contributing to charity. Yet they do so little for the people on whose labor the company flourishes.
I'll make it clear to them that I sign the new contract grudgingly. I have no choice we are bound by the collective agreement which Usdaw and our colleague representatives have negotiated with Tesco.
I'll have to get on to trying to find a new job. Getting to old to stack shelves anyway.

his scots tie

Was it not on here the booklet we were supposed to be getting giving examples of how compensation has been worked out.  And the letter, corporate bulls***, from natasha adams saying how much, or more than likely nothing, that majority of staff losing out will get.

Jannerman93

Does anyone know where shift leaders in an express stand. I work nearly every Sunday. But apparently we are not entitled to anything. This doesn't seem fair at all. 

Bluevanman

Just been informed by my manager that based on my wage before last pay rise I am still better off now compared to then even on time and a quarter so once again we have been screwed over by tosser co NO COMPENSATION

TIME TO MOVE TO DIFFERENT COMPANY THAT PAYS MORE (WON'T BE HARD AS WE ARE LOWEST PAID NOW)

Eewyn

Quote from: notsofunny on 29-06-18, 08:02PM

Who told you that managers have had a pay off ? and if so what do you call a decent payoff ?

Managers on time on a half until 23rd September. They will receive their transition payment in October pay if they are worse off. Only 3 months notice for them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk