News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 07:58AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,128
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 445
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 420
Total: 425

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryZola

Any chance they can start making people queue to get in again as it's getting really busy again now and impossible to social distance in our store. It's not even Xmas yet either.

On masks, personally I have been wearing one at times at work but not always. For example, I work on one of the more manual departments and it's also usually hot down my end of the store. I have usually been wearing my mask when around an area a bit crowded with customers and then removing it afterwards. It gets uncomfortable to wear all of the time when you're actually doing pretty hard work and getting hot anyway. I think they've gone a bit too far by making it compulsory for all shop staff but that's just my opinion. I'm not against wearing masks at all however and am more than happy to wear one when doing my own shopping for 5-20 minutes. It's just not comfortable to be wearing it for a 9 hour shift when manually working quite hard.

Hammer10

They should allow staff to have a 15 min break every 2 hours to give them a break from wearing one.

NightAndDay

Fixxer

Quote from: NightAndDay on 22-09-20, 04:58PM
Fines of up to £10,000, how much does he think Retail workers earn lol.

With fines in place you can guarantee T will have managers going round enforcing it. Although the fines are personal you can bet you'd get customers 'reporting' workers for not wearing masks and that'd bring unwanted negative attention to the store.

grim up north

I've suspected this was coming. We have had a full aisle in my DC reserved for masks/hand gel and so on recently. (bizarrely in between bws and pop aisles)

Halftone84

Quote from: BarryZola on 22-09-20, 03:27PM
Any chance they can start making people queue to get in again as it's getting really busy again now and impossible to social distance in our store. It's not even Xmas yet either.

My local extra had a massive queue Sunday, and my express have started having a queue outside when needed.  As the panic buying gets worse I imagine it'll be a bit more frequent.

grim up north

Speaking to the checkout lady today, she said there's going to be a traffic light system?

londoner83

They are installing a traffic light system to store doors. If under a set number instord it will show green and you can enter, if too many inside it will be red and you cant till people leave.

Fixxer

Quote from: londoner83 on 22-09-20, 05:48PM
They are installing a traffic light system to store doors. If under a set number instord it will show green and you can enter, if too many inside it will be red and you cant till people leave.

They have one of these at my local M&S. It's pretty good if people follow it but get a group of 4+ or whatever and it doesn't work too well.

BarryZola

Great news. Is this a nationwide thing? It would be welcome as it really has been ridiculous in the past couple of weeks considering we're still supposed to be doing social distancing etc.

grim up north

Can't or shouldn't?

barafear

Bit strange that bus drivers were not included in this new "everyone must wear a mask" order.
Or Taxi drivers for that reason?

But ALL retail staff must - even those behind protective screens?

So will we be back to every second till again or is it ok to be close to each other for 6+ hours a day now that we're all wearing masks?

I'm not one of those "conspiracy" theorists - but I do agree it's uncomfortable and hot wearing one for a whole shift.

notsofunny

Bus drivers are behind a plastic sheet ,Cab drivers have been told that from thursday that they will also need to have a mask on , as to store tills do they not have a plastic sheet between the tills ? also  are not back to back ?

pixpix

Hi guys.
So I tested positive with Covid two weeks ago. Had to self isolate for 10 days since first symptoms - under that I have fallen under Company Sick Pay but today I heard from person who does payroll at my store that there is delays in sick payments for covid? She said there is some general error in coding this - is this true? Have you had issues with that?

Verity

Hi all, I'm urgently needing to contact someone about COVID and H&S issues I am having at work.  As of yet I have been unable to get in touch with anyone senior and I have no access to any of Tesco's Policies or Contact information. Who is the people team or is there any phone numbers I could contact someone on?

King1999

Might be worth trying the protector line depending on how serious it Is,I think the company is going out of its way to make it as difficult as possible for staff to voice concerns at the moment.Lets face it who actually feels safe in store at the moment.

lucgeo

As an employee, you should be able to log on to the Tesco colleagues site, and policies for people. It should be available for every colleague.

If you're in the union speak to your rep, your h&s rep is for all store colleagues, not just for union members.

If you have brought your concerns to your SM..Senior team managers, line manager and being ignored, or they are the issue...then the PM contact details, and the protector line numbers should be openly displayed on the store staff notice board. However, I wouldn't hold out much hope of either being overly concerned, as they will just pass the buck back to store.  If the issue is of extreme concern, then you can contact Head Office and request area senior people partner contact details, or notify your local council.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

pixpix

It's true , there is a specific code for covid related absences in order to be paid from day 1. After weeks of complaining on Yammer that some codings were being ignored by Payroll, Head Office finally identified and admitted that there is a problem. Unfortunately, there is no set reason as to why this is happening, there is no pattern and Head Office is struggling to resolve the issue. Wages Clerks check the week after someone has been coded with a covid issue and if the colleague hasn't been paid, have to send a Comms form to correct the error. The major problem is that if a colleague is off in the week prior to the cut off for overtime/absences it is impossible to know until pay week.

Verity

I can login to the tesco colleagues site and only access a few things, I'm blocked from all the policies and contacts which has been an ongoing issue that they won't fix. I've got the protector line info, but that will be a last resort.  Never been told about a union or have any idea what other contacts might be available even though I've been employed for a while.

Turning in to a horrible experience at this rate, what's even more stupid is they don't even follow their own rules and guidance and seem to prefer blatantly encouraging virus transmission >:(

xtrouble

We have been told that following a member of staff's positive test, there's no need to self isolate unless we were in close maskless contact with them for 15 mins !  I think big T or local management are making it up as they go along

gomezz

That does actually conform with current government guidance.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

xtrouble

Oh, ok, thanks. Well done Tesco's !

dotnochance

You only self isolate if your contacted by track and trace
Ripped straight from gov website
“people who spend significant time in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
sexual partners
a person who has had face-to-face contact (within one metre), with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including:
being coughed on
having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
having skin-to-skin physical contact, or
contact within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
a person who has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes
a person who has travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19”
The 1 meter rule is interesting since most people/workers in my store come a lot closer than that, so ask yourself how close where you to the person

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#i-think-i-have-had-contact-with-someone-who-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19-but-i-have-not-been-notified-and-advised-to-self-isolate-what-should-i-do

dotnochance

Quote from: dotnochance on 31-10-20, 03:33PM
You only self isolate if your contacted by track and trace
Tesco is conveniently missing out half the rules as pre usual to suite themselves. so no they aren’t conforming with government guild-lines they are skipping a large part of it, ie did u come into 1-meter of the infected person

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#i-think-i-have-had-contact-with-someone-who-has-tested-positive-for-covid-19-but-i-have-not-been-notified-and-advised-to-self-isolate-what-should-i-do

Read the part “What is meant by a ‘contact”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk