Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-04-24, 12:46PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,432
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 600
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 585
Total: 586

Management Restructure?

Started by Tsportyhead, 13-09-16, 09:36AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Dip and drive on 07-03-17, 09:02AM
How can they make managers redundant and advertise so soon for managers?

How are the podium people coping with the pressure of controlling the work stations?
You will probably hear very little from either of the pilot sites , it seems that they have all signed the official secret act!!!!!

lachicaverde

I haven't even been told there wuz any help with writing CV's.  Where did you hear about the job centre - do t*sco arrange it if you ask? I haven't wrote a CV in years!!!!!

notsofunny

Its another let down from Tesco that they have not even made any effort to help those that are being made redundant , Not a work of help has been given to D/Ms since they got told 10 days ago  >:( but that's Tesco..............

Arizonarugby

Quote from: lachicaverde on 07-03-17, 06:41PM
I haven't even been told there wuz any help with writing CV's.  Where did you hear about the job centre - do t*sco arrange it if you ask? I haven't wrote a CV in years!!!!!
It was on the list of frequently asked questions that were asked by the various depots at the consultation meetings, but if you ask your people manager they should be able to get you the answers.

picktocube

Quote from: Arizonarugby on 06-03-17, 10:49AM
To be honest it's a total joke, the press release says that they will be working with all the effected people to help than secure new jobs . This is a blatant lie, i asked if the company would support with CV and interview skills work shops and was told to go to Job Centre Plus .... in other words you've served us well for the past 25+ years now **** off
Unfortunately Tesco ask for companies ,and jobcentre plus and other agencies to come in to affected DCs etc ,but,it is down to those companies and Jobcentre plus if they choose to come in .

blutopia

Quote from: lachicaverde on 07-03-17, 06:41PM
Don't expect any help from Tesco - easy to blame them for lack of support, but in all honesty what does anyone in Tesco know about CVs and interviews?  Most CA interviews are embarrassing - 5 minutes, tops!  PMs would probably rather you believe they were being unsupportive than admit their ignorance about CVs and interviews - most of them only got their jobs by sucking up to senior managers (it would be a laugh to watch them coaching a redundant colleague in that technique!)

It probably is best to ask for advice from the Job Centre.  They do have workshops for such things - although more usually for long-term unemployed, they may also support people who haven't had to look for a new job for a long while.  The best advice I can give with CVs is to break down your experience into skills (rather than just job titles) and include those acquired running a home, hobbies, etc.  It can be surprising just how much you have to offer a new employer.

picktocube

At the DC that I am at they held CV workshops (approx 2-3 hours) over the course of 3 weeks ,but this is not run by Tesco. Also as this DC is closing totally ,there were about 440 people being made redundant ,so a totally different situation to where there are 10-30 people. All Tesco can do is invite them and offer rooms,equipment etc.

Alwaysthevictim

Now the dust has settled and managers know if they are staying or going .....is it too much to ask for a decent pay rise (1st decent rise in years)if staying as the company has admitted your the cream of the crop in what you do.
Just a thought

lachicaverde

thank you for the advice Arizonarugby, Blutopia and Picktocube.  its hard to know where to start sometimes!

Bleh

Let's see what's coming now I guess.

Dear colleagues,

I would like to invite you to attend a call where I will brief you on an important business update that I will need your help on communicating with colleagues tomorrow.

Please make every effort to attend the call. The dial in details will be issued to you on email 15 minutes before the call as well as in a calendar invite. Please do not forward this email on to anyone else, or share details of the call in advance. Thank you.

The call will start promptly at 8:30am so please join at 8:25am.

Tracey Clements

kurious1234

Thats for Convenience stores as she is director of convenience. Interesting email. Might be better to move this thread to stores forum

Tesco gimp

I'm in an extra and my store manager has had the same email

kurious1234

Even more interesting then

Bleh

I'm convenience not large format, might not be linked.

Arizonarugby

I hope that Dave Lewis or Matt Davis read this - Unbelievably , I've seen an email from our so called support manager / who supposedly is there to help and guide the at risk managers through the redundancy process ridiculing a manger (who was told he longer had a future at Tesco) because he had to go home upset.

Not much empathy or compassion at my depot !!!!

Jonthebarsteward

But this thread is in the distribution warehouse sub forum

There is no empathy towards the 'at risk managers. Shocking really when some have been with the company 28 years

londoner83

Any idea what this call tomorrow is about?

Arizonarugby

Quote from: Jonthebarsteward on 08-03-17, 08:17PM
But this thread is in the distribution warehouse sub forum

There is no empathy towards the 'at risk managers. Shocking really when some have been with the company 28 years

Exactly, it's so frustrating, and demoralising not being able to do anything about it. If I hadn't seen the email (shall we say) unofficial, I would report it to protector line - not that would do any good

DewsterDog36

It doesn't say who the email is for so as a deputy do i log on in SM absence  :o

And how many DM's will log on in silence and listen in  8-)o

notsofunny

Quote from: Bleh on 08-03-17, 07:08PM
Let's see what's coming now I guess.

Dear colleagues,

I would like to invite you to attend a call where I will brief you on an important business update that I will need your help on communicating with colleagues tomorrow.

Please make every effort to attend the call. The dial in details will be issued to you on email 15 minutes before the call as well as in a calendar invite. Please do not forward this email on to anyone else, or share details of the call in advance. Thank you.

Tracey Clements

She could be announcing
They are not going ahead with dropping DM roll
They are extending the consaltation  time.
They are going  to increase  the cushion payment

Or that they have purchased the Bugens stores that have or are shutting down.
That's all I can think they will say.
UNLESS someone has got the chop :D

penguin

I'm in an Extra store and my store manager has been told to attend a call at 8.30am tomorrow morning, seems every store manager and express shop in the country is to be on the calls, this has caused all sorts of rumours to start circulating as to what is actually going to be announced tomorrow morning.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

notsofunny

Quote from: Spartacus77 on 08-03-17, 10:21PM
It doesn't say who the email is for so as a deputy do i log on in SM absence  :o

don't do that the email we got said Only s/m s  .as it is you will find out within half hour what it was about

notsofunny

was thinking the same,

But hoping a bid had been made ,, ;)

Expressdude2016

Quote from: notsofunny on 08-03-17, 11:59PM
Quote from: Spartacus77 on 08-03-17, 10:21PM

don't do that the email we got said Only s/m s  .as it is you will find out within half hour what it was about

email never said it was for only SMs  and all stores got same email  believe it could be to do with the financial scandal and they have decided what is happening....

Dear colleagues,

An invite has also been sent.

Tracey Clements

Cheekymonkey007

Cheeky monkey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk