News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:11PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Eye sight test.

Started by Nomad, 27-05-20, 11:08AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you drive 60 miles to test your eye sight.

Yes
14 (16.1%)
No
73 (83.9%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Nomad

If yes what happens if 30 miles from home you find your eye sight is not up to par ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

gomezz

Yes, because it is my reading prescription which is deteriorating as I get older.  My driving prescription hasn't changed in years.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lucgeo

But isn't part of the DVLA driving test, to ascertain whether the learner is able to see to drive, is to read a number plate within so many yards??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

It is, it's one of the first things they test before you drive off, eye sight can deteriorate after passing your test though, in which case you're meant to inform the DVLA if you can't see more than (I believe 30m) in front of you so they can rescind your license, obviously not a lot of people are going to do that seeing as how they'll see it as a waste of money.

Nomad

Perhaps DVLA are going to introduce a 60 mile drive to the driving test to check your eye sight, before the test starts, can't be to careful.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lackofinterest

gomezz

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-05-20, 08:59AM
But isn't part of the DVLA driving test, to ascertain whether the learner is able to see to drive, is to read a number plate within so many yards??
That would only be a problem for me if I was asked to hold a number plate at arms length rather than 60 miles away.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

TechSupporter

You may have to drive further for an eye test now that all vision expresses have certainty closed permanently in Tesco as of this evening.

Corinthian

Corinthian

I am new to this forum site and can't make head or tail of it. How do you write your own post/start a topic? Do you need a special membership? Links don't work and seems sketchy. Anyone?  :( 8-) :'(

[admin]Out of over 6,000 members and over 45,000 who have registered you seem to be the first who can't "make head or tail of it" [/admin]

Corinthian

Thanks for that super insightful comment.

[admin]Your welcome.[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk