News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 08:45AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,423
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 553
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

NHS

Started by Nomad, 07-01-23, 05:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Let me say upfront the current problems are NOT the fault of the front line staff.

At my age of 76 I hope 'they' sort out the problems.  As I age I fear more and more the response and treatment my spouse and I will get when we need it.

We have both paid all our working lives for the NHS.  The endless calls and hours waiting for help or treatment is appalling. It's worse then that it is criminal and taken money by false pretences >:(

I do hope 'they' get the NHS back in workable condition before some of you get to the point where you feel like you're being "thrown away".  :(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

londoner83

My wife had the misfortune to need a visit to A+E Wednesday and the sight was like something from a third world country.

There was standing room only in reception, ambulances were wheeling patients into reception and leaving them and when u finally got thru to the cubicles all the beds had been removed and if u were lucky u got a chair.

Soon found out all the beds, mattresses were being used in every available corridor, cupboard, Alcove to house further patients awaiting ward transfer.

I know no one likes paying but we seriously need to invest in more hospital beds and more nursing staff....in addition to nationalising care so that barriers to discharging patients are removed.

Sherwoodforest

I went to A&E last year,majority of people there looked like they could have visited a GP, maybe that's the root cause at a lot of A&E. or people are just too soft these days, accident self explanatory, emergency surely only if your in agony, think out of everyone that was in there last time, max 5-10 looked like they fell in that category.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

londoner83

Root cause is in the name of efficiency we have one of the lowest ratios of hospital beds per 1000 of the population so any slight increase in occupancy causes a backlog in A+E

Nomad

Why get NHS treatment if ???

you break a leg skiing in another country ?

you go horse riding/show jumping and get injured ?

you get injured amateur motor racing ?

you fall over coming out the pub/club on a Saturday night because you're 3 sheets to the wind.  If you can afford alcohol you can pay for medical care.
(the cost to the police and the NHS of Fri/Sat behaviour is huge.)

etc etc etc

Over the years they have tried to encompass every form of injury, it's not realistic.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Hippocratic oath,
Quote"I will use my power to help the sick to the best of my ability and judgement; I will abstain from harming or wronging any man by it,"

I can't find the part that says "If you don't pay me enough money I won't help  you"

:question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk